Cleaning Your Xbox 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by IIRS3II_H1TMAN (568 posts) -

Is there any way to clean your xbox 360 without voiding the warranty? I wanna get all the dust out of my 2 systems. If anyone knows how to do this, please post. Any help is greatly apreciated.

#2 Posted by TR800 (1814 posts) -
i take it off my stand and blow the dust out it works for me.
#3 Posted by IIRS3II_H1TMAN (568 posts) -
I want to clean the inside of the system, you know like get all the dust out from the inside??
#4 Posted by CardiacKid07 (1225 posts) -
As far as i know there isnt a way to open it without voiding the warranty.
#5 Posted by IIRS3II_H1TMAN (568 posts) -

Damnit.... I'm pretty sure all the dust and crap inside the system could be a reason we get RROD.

#6 Posted by TR800 (1814 posts) -
I want to clean the inside of the system, you know like get all the dust out from the inside??IIRS3II_H1TMAN
I suggest using a hoover or as you might call it vaccum.
#7 Posted by sixgears2 (1261 posts) -

Is there any way to clean your xbox 360 without voiding the warranty? I wanna get all the dust out of my 2 systems. If anyone knows how to do this, please post. Any help is greatly apreciated.

IIRS3II_H1TMAN
No, there isn't outside of just sticking a vacuum cleaner hose on the rear and side vents. You don't need to clean you Xbox anyway as long as the vents are clear of dust and stuff, and you can just do that with your hand on the outside of the box. If anything is going to go wrong with your hardware I can pretty much guarantee it won't be because of dust (assuming the vents are clear and it isn't due to overheating). Basically, it isn't worth it and you shouldn't bother.
#8 Posted by sixgears2 (1261 posts) -

Damnit.... I'm pretty sure all the dust and crap inside the system could be a reason we get RROD.

IIRS3II_H1TMAN
No, it isn't. RROD is due to the death of microchips in the Xbox for various electrical reasons and heat from the system, not due to dust inside the box itself.
#9 Posted by Flamecommando (11624 posts) -

You can't open it without breaking some seals Microsoft uses for their warranties. I just use an air can to get as much out as possible.

#10 Posted by flashback01231 (255 posts) -

umm you can open the case very easily without voiding the warrenty, you heat up the sticker and it comes off and goes back on simply....

#11 Posted by Flamecommando (11624 posts) -

umm you can open the case very easily without voiding the warrenty, you heat up the sticker and it comes off and goes back on simply....

flashback01231

Risky. (spelling tsk-tsk.)

#12 Posted by enterawesome (9477 posts) -
Use one of those condensed air cans and spray through the holes and vents. That takes care of dust. The disc laser can be cleaned with special discs you can find at Best Buy or even Jewel. Just let them spin for a awhile, as they clean the laser with a small furry streak.
#13 Posted by IIRS3II_H1TMAN (568 posts) -
Use one of those condensed air cans and spray through the holes and vents. That takes care of dust. The disc laser can be cleaned with special discs you can find at Best Buy or even Jewel. Just let them spin for a awhile, as they clean the laser with a small furry streak.enterawesome
Yea, but where does that shoot the dust and crap?
#14 Posted by ihaveabu (849 posts) -
buy a compressed air canister. they're made to clean computer parts, so they won'd hurt your xbox. stick the plastic tip into the exhaust holes on the back, and just spray.
#15 Posted by Jason_A (2121 posts) -
[QUOTE="enterawesome"]Use one of those condensed air cans and spray through the holes and vents. That takes care of dust. The disc laser can be cleaned with special discs you can find at Best Buy or even Jewel. Just let them spin for a awhile, as they clean the laser with a small furry streak.IIRS3II_H1TMAN
Yea, but where does that shoot the dust and crap?

I just read the manual and it specifically says do not use dust blowers!