strothers101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 strothers101
Member since 2011 • 425 Posts

So, Both Forza Horizon 2 and Shadow of Mordor are released in Aus after the date in which they are released in the US. I'm wondering if I purchase them digitally and then set my region to that of the USA will I be able to play said games earlier than in my own region?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Worked for me..... Theres a butt load of Games not coming to South Africa so I use a US Account to get that stuff.

BE WARNED: Microsoft's Gold Cards and Gift Cards are also Region locked too, so thats not going to work.... I'm sure they'l also do the samething with your Credit Card, they'l know if you're using AUS currency on US Marketplace......

So yeah..... If you go through with this becarefull..... Because if you change regions on your account you won't be able to change it back again for 6 MONTHS !

Footnote: I hate My Xbox 360, Microsoft can Burn in hell. Honestly its not worth it, Microsoft is always going to find new ways to screw over non-American Xbox owner, trying to find ways around this only makes things worse..... If I were you I'd get a System that doesn't deny you games just because you live on the otherside of The World..... Theres Internet now.... Microsoft has no excuse not to give everybod the same features at the same time...... Digitally !

strothers101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 strothers101
Member since 2011 • 425 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: Thanks for the heads up.