Catherine is fantastic

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Kaisfate (135 posts) -
if you havent played this game, and you like pseudo RPGs and puzzle games, you need to go get it on amazon right now. it is like 18 dollars and a fantastic game. It is made by the folks that make the persona games, so expect a game with style and flash. it tells a great, mature story and is genuinely challenging. The game was very under the radar and released with little to no marketing, but people really need to play it and support ATLUS, one of the last japanese developers that consistently tells a great story and designs great RPGs.
#2 Posted by Bigboi500 (30545 posts) -

I thought it was terrible and I usually love Atlus games. It was way more puzzle than rpg.

#3 Posted by Geminon (1177 posts) -
great game
#4 Posted by pspitus (2396 posts) -

LOVE THE GAME :D Love it sooo much in fact I even created a full on video review for it lol:lol:

Catherine Review

#5 Posted by Geminon (1177 posts) -
i will say, the block puzzles can get frustratingly difficult, which did take away from my enjoyment a little. still an awesome game with a great story to tell.
#6 Posted by pspitus (2396 posts) -
i will say, the block puzzles can get frustratingly difficult, which did take away from my enjoyment a little. still an awesome game with a great story to tell.Geminon
You can say that again :D
#7 Posted by sukraj (23670 posts) -

I haven't played it yet.

#8 Posted by magicalclick (23494 posts) -
Played it a little and stopped for like several months and return it to gamefly. It is not that the game is bad. It is just that I just broke up and playing the games relates me as Katherine. And literately the more fun side of Catherine stole him from me. Not that my situation is exactly the same, but, metaphorically I can relate it. I envy the guys who plays it as a game. For me, it is almost as playing a reflection of my life, except, even if I make the character choose Katherine, the reality is still the same.
#9 Posted by Celldrax (14743 posts) -

lol, my sister wanted this game for christmas. I might have to borrow it sometime...

#10 Posted by EvilSelf (3619 posts) -

For me, it might be one of those games i always wanted to try (like Max Payne 3 for example) but never bought or tried it. Distant memory!

#11 Posted by NirdBerd (2116 posts) -

I thought it was terrible and I usually love Atlus games. It was way more puzzle than rpg.

Bigboi500

Am I missing something? Was it supposed to be an RPG? Of course it's a puzzle game, the gameplay is painted with it and it's amazing.

#12 Posted by Geminon (1177 posts) -

For me, it might be one of those games i always wanted to try (like Max Payne 3 for example) but never bought or tried it. Distant memory!

EvilSelf

i just checked yesterday on amazon and it was 18.50 or something..... if you want to buy and it and you dont at this point, that is your own fault!

#13 Posted by skooks (1411 posts) -

Absolutely loved this game. I really need to go back sometime and play it again, try for a different ending.

#14 Posted by GamerChick2083 (481 posts) -

if you havent played this game, and you like pseudo RPGs and puzzle games, you need to go get it on amazon right now. it is like 18 dollars and a fantastic game. It is made by the folks that make the persona games, so expect a game with style and flash. it tells a great, mature story and is genuinely challenging. The game was very under the radar and released with little to no marketing, but people really need to play it and support ATLUS, one of the last japanese developers that consistently tells a great story and designs great RPGs.Kaisfate

You sound like you work for Atlus. LOL. Catherine is one of my favorite games.:D

#15 Posted by Bigboi500 (30545 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

NirdBerd

Am I missing something? Was it supposed to be an RPG? Of course it's a puzzle game, the gameplay is painted with it and it's amazing.

The OP called it a "pseudo-rpg".

#16 Posted by Inferi-Fang (78 posts) -
I thought it was ok. I like the story, but I'm not really into puzzle games.
#17 Posted by Kaisfate (135 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kaisfate"]if you havent played this game, and you like pseudo RPGs and puzzle games, you need to go get it on amazon right now. it is like 18 dollars and a fantastic game. It is made by the folks that make the persona games, so expect a game with style and flash. it tells a great, mature story and is genuinely challenging. The game was very under the radar and released with little to no marketing, but people really need to play it and support ATLUS, one of the last japanese developers that consistently tells a great story and designs great RPGs.GamerChick2083

You sound like you work for Atlus. LOL. Catherine is one of my favorite games.:D

weeeeell i dont. just found the game to be really great and figured i would let folks know it is super cheap on amazon now, so no reason to miss out!