Can't set to 1080p!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Arthray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Arthray
Member since 2008 • 150 Posts

Here's my problem: The 1080p option in Display Settings is greyed out. My Xbox 360 Elite is plugged to my Samsung Receiver (HT-AS720S) with the HDMI cables that came with the console. From there, another HDMI cable links the receiver to the TV (Samsung LN46A750).

Thing is, my PS3, which is connected in the same way (with another HDMI cable to the receiver of course), can be set to 1080p without any problems in Display Settings (It even shows 1980x1080p @ 60hz on top).

I'd like to know what the problem with the 360 is, and how I may remedy it, thanks.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
Phone Microsoft.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

Here's my problem: The 1080p option in Display Settings is greyed out. My Xbox 360 Elite is plugged to my Samsung Receiver (HT-AS720S) with the HDMI cables that came with the console. From there, another HDMI cable links the receiver to the TV (Samsung LN46A750).

Thing is, my PS3, which is connected in the same way (with another HDMI cable to the receiver of course), can be set to 1080p without any problems in Display Settings (It even shows 1980x1080p @ 60hz on top).

I'd like to know what the problem with the 360 is, and how I may remedy it, thanks.

Arthray
does it work direct into the tv, when troubleshooting you should remove the uneccessary kit. for example they may be issues with the reciever you use and xboxes. not all work with all kit. if it works direct in the tv then its the recievers fault, look for firmware upgrades that may address the issue or cut it out the loop or buy another. search online instead of making threads for people using the same kit, you wont be the only guy who owns them and a xbox and cudnt get it to work properly
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
Phone Microsoft. x-2tha-z
phone samsung coz microsoft wont support someone elses kit, ie the reciever or tv. i doubt its the xbox being broke that stopping it. its bound to be either kit that needs firmware updating, or kit thats incompatiable with the xbox on 1080p not all recievers work with all devices, for example mine is for component not hdmi before i stopped using it and it worked fine on all my kit, dvd player, xbox 360, xbox but the wii wudnt work at all and i searched about and found that they was issues and it didnt support using the wii over component. some kit just dont work with everything. look on the web or phone samsung for advice. like i said u wont be the first person whos had this problem . microsoft will refuse to support someones tv as its not they responsibilty. the xbox uses the hdmi cables to send the specs of the tv to the xbox so it knows what it can display. i think the reciver is the problem blocking this signal. go direct cut it out the loop and you will see if it is or not. if the hdmi cable dont get a signal from the tv saying hey i can do 1080p then it stays greyed out. as an alternative to buying a reciever if u dont have enough hdmi ports to plug it in direct why not buy a vga lead and just pick 1900 x 1080 on vga and u will still get a banging 1080p picture. which will only be slightly worse than hdmi, but will still look the ****
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
Try plugging it directly into the TV.
equimanthorn01

Forum Posts