Can't get Xbox Live set up on Wireless

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Trigga-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 -Trigga-
Member since 2003 • 3490 Posts
So, I'm having trouble connecting to my wireless network with xbox live.

I'm trying to hook up my 360 using the wireless adapter for Live but I just can't seem to get it connected right. The network is secured, with a WEP 64bit key. I entered the key and connected to the network, but then when I tried to test media (test the connection to other devices on the network) or connect to xbox live it told me I was not properly connected to a wireless network. The test diagnosis section also said I was not connected to a network, but when I went back to the wireless networks list, my network was there with "connected" and a connectivity bar there next to it. No matter how many times I try to reconnect this won't change - it tells me I'm connected in the network list, but I still can't connect to live, the test section tells me I'm not connected to a network, and the 360 doesn't receive an IP or anything like that from the network (yes, my wireless network is DHCP enabled so it should automatically assign a DNS server, an IP etc. to my 360, and the 360 is set to be automatically configured by the network, accordingly). Obviously I've also tried reconnecting the adapter and such several times. I also reset my router, because I thought may'be it wouldn't give my 360 an IP and all until it was reset. Nothing has worked.

Anybody particularly tech-savvy, or had a similar problem?
Mikerules868

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Mikerules868
Member since 2004 • 2153 Posts
try this: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connecttolive/pickconsole.htm
tatu2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points