Can't connect to Battlefield 1943 online.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The_Gauss_Boss (67 posts) -

I just downloaded the Battlefield 1943 trial edition for Xbox 360 and every time I try to play online I get a message saying "Can't connect to EA online". Does this mean I have to create an EA account to play or is it just a problem with my internet connection? I haven't had any problems playing my other games over Xbox Live. Please help!

#2 Posted by Tribesmaster (656 posts) -

I had the same problem. I couldn't connect at all, and when it found a game, it would tell me games unavaliable. So I just said screw it, and got a different arcade game. EAs loss I guess

#3 Posted by LtBoris (257 posts) -

This may sound silly but this is what i did to fix the problem.

1. Download the Fight Night Round 4 demo

2. After the tutorial, at the menu screen one of the options will be to sign in to EA

3. Fill out all the info

4. Once you have made your EA account you should be able to connect to EA when you try out the game and eventually buy it

#4 Posted by boostud (1242 posts) -

So being a Bad Company vet, I should have no problems signing in? I find that hard to believe, cause several other people here that are BC players are having this same issue.

#5 Posted by LtBoris (257 posts) -

So being a Bad Company vet, I should have no problems signing in? I find that hard to believe, cause several other people here that are BC players are having this same issue.

boostud

Well I too play BF:BC but I did have problems signing in to EA when I tried the trial game so if it doesnt work just do what I suggested above.

#6 Posted by boostud (1242 posts) -

Will try when I get home.

#7 Posted by Jason_A (2121 posts) -

Almost everyone is having this problem and EA has advised that its a problem with the servers and that they are working on fixing it.

Problem happens for the demo and full game.

#8 Posted by The_Gauss_Boss (67 posts) -

Thanks for the info!

#9 Posted by Dem0nD0nkey (100 posts) -

ea has its own server and its screwin everyone over

#10 Posted by MstrHnky (105 posts) -

This may sound silly but this is what i did to fix the problem.

1. Download the Fight Night Round 4 demo

2. After the tutorial, at the menu screen one of the options will be to sign in to EA

3. Fill out all the info

4. Once you have made your EA account you should be able to connect to EA when you try out the game and eventually buy it

LtBoris

this is true. worked for me. i heard facebreaker will do the same thing. just log into the EA game and sign in online then quit the game and load up 1943.

#11 Posted by gearsofhalogeek (1020 posts) -
this should help. http://twitter.com/Officialbf1943 that link will keep you up to date with what they are doing, (also watch the ticker at the bottom of the start screen on bf1943) theres so many people trying to play the game, its crashing the servers. they were not expecting this many people, and they have said they are adding more servers. this is common for any new online game.