Can I Factory Reset My Xbox?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by CloudedHeretic (644 posts) -

Figured this was a good a place as any to ask. Reason being, I bought a Jet Set Radio Future/Sega GT 2002 disc a week ago, and it won't play on my Xbox. At first, I thought it was an update issue, so I installed the update from microsoft.com. However, even after updating, I still got the "original game not supported" message, which I found odd. Upon some further research, I found that Microsoft apparently stopped supporting backwards compatibility(stupid choice, honestly) back in '07. So I ask wondering if I can somehow reset my Xbox back to a firmware that will play the game that I bought, seeing as buying an original Xbox simply for one game isn't the wisest choice. Anyone? And before you say the disc isn't compatible, both games are on the list, and I've received confirmation from other who have owned the disc that the game does indeed work.

#2 Posted by HilbillyRokstar (3236 posts) -

You can't uninstall system updates.

#3 Posted by CloudedHeretic (644 posts) -
So I'm stuck with a system that won't play my game? Thanks, Microsoft.
#4 Posted by HilbillyRokstar (3236 posts) -
So I'm stuck with a system that won't play my game? Thanks, Microsoft.CloudedHeretic
I guess so. If I were you I would try calling MS support.
#5 Posted by CloudedHeretic (644 posts) -
I highly doubt I'll have much luck with that. I suppose I could give it a try.
#6 Posted by Jaysonguy (37682 posts) -

Figured this was a good a place as any to ask. Reason being, I bought a Jet Set Radio Future/Sega GT 2002 disc a week ago, and it won't play on my Xbox. At first, I thought it was an update issue, so I installed the update from microsoft.com. However, even after updating, I still got the "original game not supported" message, which I found odd. Upon some further research, I found that Microsoft apparently stopped supporting backwards compatibility(stupid choice, honestly) back in '07. So I ask wondering if I can somehow reset my Xbox back to a firmware that will play the game that I bought, seeing as buying an original Xbox simply for one game isn't the wisest choice. Anyone? And before you say the disc isn't compatible, both games are on the list, and I've received confirmation from other who have owned the disc that the game does indeed work.

CloudedHeretic

You're confused

Microsoft stopped adding new games to it's backward support years ago, the ones that worked before still work

#7 Posted by Joseph881 (1182 posts) -

First and foremost, can your 360 play any other Xbox 1 games in general?

#8 Posted by HilbillyRokstar (3236 posts) -

[QUOTE="CloudedHeretic"]

Jaysonguy

You're confused

Microsoft stopped adding new games to it's backward support years ago, the ones that worked before still work

That's why I suggested he contact MS support. I still play Halo 2 with my buddies when they come over, and it works fine.
#9 Posted by CloudedHeretic (644 posts) -
Well, Joseph, I don't have any other Xbox games. I couldn't test it right away.
#10 Posted by Warablo13 (1289 posts) -
I heard about this problem.. Jet Set Radio combo disc doesn't work for the 360.. You need the original game of Jet Set Radio, not the combo disc...