Can Circular Scratches On Disk Be Fixed?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slipstream720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Slipstream720
Member since 2008 • 287 Posts

I was playing Dead Rising when my idiotic friend attempted to put the 360 on it's side! When I took the disk out there is a perfect circle of a scratch on the disk and I was wondering if Game Crazy's "Disk Buffing" option will fix it?

userbarz.com

userbarz.com

userbarz.com

userbarz.com

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

It may be fixable but depends how deep the scratch is.

The repair machine that would be used will sand away the top layer of plastic on the disc which contains the scratch, but it can only remove a certain amount before it hits the layer with the data. Shallow scratches can be fixed fairly easily, but deep ones are sometimes too deep to be fixed.

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts

I was playing Dead Rising when my idiotic friend attempted to put the 360 on it's side! When I took the disk out there is a perfect circle of a scratch on the disk and I was wondering if Game Crazy's "Disk Buffing" option will fix it?Slipstream720

Do you have to put those tags in your post everytime? Just wondering because when I quoted you it put them in. :?

Anyways, yeah it should help. If not just rent the game and switch the discs. lol!

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#4 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

It may be fixable but depends how deep the scratch is.

The repair machine that would be used will sand away the top layer of plastic on the disc which contains the scratch, but it can only remove a certain amount before it hits the layer with the data. Shallow scratches can be fixed fairly easily, but deep ones are sometimes too deep to be fixed.

Avenger1324

Yep, there are machines that can fix them but only if they are shallow scratches...On the bright side at least Dead Rising is not an expensive game....

pcgamer522

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pcgamer522
Member since 2007 • 127 Posts

The same thing happened to me, I was playing Assassin's Creed, and my dad accidentally bumped the console. When I took it out, there was a huge circular scrach on it. I tried playing it, and it got an error whenever I tried to go to Acre. I bought disk polish and a cleaner, but it was still busted. So I had to exchange it at GameStop, they said they have to send it back to the factory where they fix it. I'm sorry bro, I think you'll have to return it. But make your friend pay for the new one. :D

Slipstream720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Slipstream720
Member since 2008 • 287 Posts
is your name Ender, or is it a reference to Ender Wiggin?
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts
Ender is my nickname that I've had for a long time, but yeah it's a reference to Andrew Wiggin. I love Orson Scott Card's books. I was especially disappointed to hear that Advent Rising wasn't going to be a trilogy. :(
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#8 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

Ender is my nickname that I've had for a long time, but yeah it's a reference to Andrew Wiggin. I love Orson Scott Card's books. I was especially disappointed to hear that Advent Rising wasn't going to be a trilogy. :(EnderSR388

Me too!

mooserider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mooserider
Member since 2005 • 120 Posts

yeah unfortunately your disc is most likely forever unplayable.

I wan't aware that you could send the games into the "factory" to get them repaired, but if thats an option and you really want to then go for it.

I actually never thought of renting the game and switching it, but I like to think of myself as an honest person, so I wouldn't resort to something like that.

*Always remember* make sure your Xbox 360 console is 100% secure when playing. Keep it out of the way and if possible sitting horizontally rather than vertically.

Best of luck in your gaming ventures!

Avatar image for IceWolfStardust
IceWolfStardust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 IceWolfStardust
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Yes they are.Here are lots of options you can do.This is for xbox 360. 1.Go to your local gamestore (any place with only discs and electronics) and ask them a question to use the disc scratch remover or surfacer and will only cost about $2.00 2.Rent the game or borrow it from a friend and install the disc to your xbox 360.(Like Blockbuster etc.) 3.Buy the SkipDR Premier.Fixes any disk.Or any other machine 4.Use car wax.Really works I tried it.