Can a Xbox 360 slim controller connect to the original Xbox 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DJgummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 DJgummy
Member since 2007 • 380 Posts

Hi,

I have a friend coming over but I need a second controller. Will his controller that came with the xbox 360 slim be able to connect to my original xbox 360? If possible, remind me of what buttons you must press to synch a controller with a new console.

Thanks in advance.

MajinSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 MajinSquall
Member since 2011 • 261 Posts

Hi,

I have a friend coming over but I need a second controller. Will his controller that came with the xbox 360 slim be able to connect to my original xbox 360? If possible, remind me of what buttons you must press to synch a controller with a new console.

Thanks in advance.

DJgummy

yeah it will any 360 controller will connect to any 360 but to do it hold the sync button on the 360 the press the small button on top of the controller till the lights on the controller flash and it's done but you mate will have to re-sync it to his after

hope that helps :)

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

The Xbox 360 Controllers are compatible between Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 S (Slimline) Just press the center Guide button and your ready to play. Have fun.

JeanAlex22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 JeanAlex22
Member since 2011 • 307 Posts

you can . . . you just press the sync button or whatever it is you call it on the xbox 360 console (the round button beside the power button) and the green ring should keep circulating, while that's happening hold and press the sync button on your friends xbox 360 controller (the round button at the top center) . . .

DJgummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 DJgummy
Member since 2007 • 380 Posts

Thanks so much. The slim controller feels different to me so I was worried that it would only work with slim consoles.