Buying a game digitally question!

#1 Posted by Mesomorphin (807 posts) -

Just a quick question guys, say If I where to make an american xbox live account (I live in Australia) Would I be able to purchase a game on demand ( that isn't available in Australia) and then download it, and then be able to play it through my main Australian account? Because I've bought indie games from my american account in the past and had no problem then playing them on my Australian account, as their saved on the hard-drive, but I was wondering if the same applies to Games on demand? thanks

#2 Edited by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

No, Microsoft servers pick up your IP address and it doesn't matter if you change your account to an American one. I'm not sure if this talk is allowed here but you can trick your Xbox into thinking you're in the States by using a VPN.

Don't ask me how to do that because I don't know, I never have and I never will.

#3 Edited by adders99 (2578 posts) -

Im just interested to know what game you are after that isnt available here (AUS)

#4 Edited by Mesomorphin (807 posts) -

@adders99 said:

Im just interested to know what game you are after that isnt available here (AUS)

Spiderman 2, its only $50 US and doesn't come out till the friday I think in AUS, impatient I know.

#5 Edited by Mesomorphin (807 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:

No, Microsoft servers pick up your IP address and it doesn't matter if you change your account to an American one. I'm not sure if this talk is allowed here but you can trick your Xbox into thinking you're in the States by using a VPN.

Don't ask me how to do that because I don't know, I never have and I never will.

But It worked with the indie games I bought, I dont understand what the difference would be?

and also are digital games region locked?

#6 Edited by vl4d_l3nin (811 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

@BattleSpectre said:

No, Microsoft servers pick up your IP address and it doesn't matter if you change your account to an American one. I'm not sure if this talk is allowed here but you can trick your Xbox into thinking you're in the States by using a VPN.

Don't ask me how to do that because I don't know, I never have and I never will.

But It worked with the indie games I bought, I dont understand what the difference would be?

and also are digital games region locked?

This thread should give you some info

http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?threadid=3103584