Bungie made a mistake!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for aSOUNDofREVENGE
aSOUNDofREVENGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 aSOUNDofREVENGE
Member since 2005 • 895 Posts

they messed up with me, i played the 3 hours between the timeframes, registered a whole hour and a half before my brother and I didnt' get in, i played just barely over the 3 hours and one of my games has no information on their website so its possible that it didnt record that time for me, my question is how should i contact them about their error because i don't want to have to buy crackdown to get into the beta, I still play halo 2 all the time and feel like i got screwed so any advice would be great

ryanjtravis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ryanjtravis
Member since 2004 • 2095 Posts
I'd just leave it alone... you know how many people are going to be saying stuff like you're saying? LOTS. Whether its true or not, you're not going to get anywhere with them. Best bet is to just be honest and if they say no (which they most likely will), suck it up and either buy Crackdown or wait until the full release (which will be way better than the beta anyway).
sk8jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sk8jim
Member since 2004 • 1439 Posts
If life was fair we would all be winners
lombado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lombado
Member since 2006 • 151 Posts
[QUOTE="ryanjtravis"]I'd just leave it alone... you know how many people are going to be saying stuff like you're saying? LOTS. Whether its true or not, you're not going to get anywhere with them. Best bet is to just be honest and if they say no (which they most likely will), suck it up and either buy Crackdown or wait until the full release (which will be way better than the beta anyway).

for sure, thats the easy way about it. I mean, it's just a game, lol shalom, skillz!
jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts
If life was fair we would all be winnerssk8jim
Or we'd all be losers... or really, everything would be a tie.
aSOUNDofREVENGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 aSOUNDofREVENGE
i mean its not like i'm makin it up, they can look online and see the times i was playing, just the 1st game i played that nite has no information for it so i'msure thats what might have put me on the lesser side of 3hours as far as yea its just a game, but its also the reason i wanted a 360 the most, yea there are other great games out there but i dont have as much fun with any other ones
DaHunta90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaHunta90
Member since 2003 • 634 Posts
I wouldn't recommend buying Crackdown solely for the purpose of getting into the Halo 3 beta. If you're looking at the average (not bad) reviews and decide that you think it would still be a lot of fun, then by all means buy it. But if you're going to spend $60 to get into a multiplayer beta, then you're letting the terrorists win.
aSOUNDofREVENGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 aSOUNDofREVENGE
holding out and not buying it isnt goin to accomplish anything either, its not like it will hurt the success of halo 3, i just want to play the beta and dont want to wait who knows how long for the final version of the game to come out, also if i do decide to email them who should i email and at what email address?
ozzdog123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 ozzdog123
Member since 2003 • 1527 Posts

If life was fair we would all be winnerssk8jim

Unfortunately that is true

grayoldwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 grayoldwolf
Member since 2005 • 2274 Posts
holding out and not buying it isnt goin to accomplish anything either, its not like it will hurt the success of halo 3, i just want to play the beta and dont want to wait who knows how long for the final version of the game to come out, also if i do decide to email them who should i email and at what email address?aSOUNDofREVENGE
First, are you sure you didn't get in? As far as I know, Bungie will be sending emails to people until the 20th, so unless they have definitely said no, you still have a chance. Bungie has a contact us page at bungie.net. You could try them, but I strongly suspect that a lot of people are in your situation. I made damn sure that I didn't count games with unreliable data when I was adding up my three hours. A lot of people also though that the three hours included time spent in the lobby, which I don't think is the case. Only actual recorded game time counted. Sorry mate, but your best bet now is Crackdown.