This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by headbanger1186 (91 posts) -
Okay who all thinks that this should happen? I loved the first one
#2 Posted by lui8855601 (11 posts) -
Do you mean "Crackdown"?
#3 Posted by terry_tate (925 posts) -
No, he means Breakdown which was a First Person shooter for the xbox, which I would love a sequal for because I enjoyed it.
#4 Posted by headbanger1186 (91 posts) -
crackdown was good, but he is right, and Breakdown had an awesome story I just wish there were more games like that. Some other website said because of mixed reviews, and washy sales, don't plan on a sequel :(
#5 Posted by 1_Hit_Killer (2458 posts) -
The guys that made Breakdown are making that new Mirrors Edge game I think, so don;t expect any sequel soon. I loved the original btw, it had a BRUTAL difficulty lvl which made it a good challenge + it still has the most immresive first person view out of any FPS, the closest thing for me has been The Darkness.
#6 Posted by destinhpark (4700 posts) -

one of my FAVORITE Xbox games.

That's right, you heard me.

I need a sequel, please.

#7 Posted by headbanger1186 (91 posts) -
Mirrors Edge will take alot of elements from Breakdown, and promises not to leave the FP view, however, last I heard it was in development by a Swedish branch of EA (DICE). Whereas Breakdown was developed by NAMCO, with a lot of members from their TEKKEN team :)
#8 Posted by headbanger1186 (91 posts) -
And yeah Kudos on the extreme diff, Some say Ninja Gaiden was the hardest game they ever played, but if you can beat Breakdown on the hardest diff, i take my hat off to you....especially the hardest area of the game appropiately titled "The Gauntlet" where you face off against every form off all the aliens at one time in the large bright white area...anyone whos played it knows what I'm talking about! :)
#9 Posted by CodeRider (6 posts) -
I know I'm like a year late on this thread, but I would love to see another Breakdown - One of my favorites on Xbox next to KotOR and Fable, and the most underrated game ever.
#10 Posted by DeathGod_5920 (4 posts) -

Oh, man. if only I'd been here a year ago! Breakdown was amazing. I've beaten it at least 3-5 times now, but it's replay factor is incredible.

and OMG a sequel would be the most amazing game for 360, depeding on how well Left4Dead 2turns out.

#11 Posted by orb_03_2006 (8494 posts) -
never heard of Breakdown before...
#12 Posted by DeathGod_5920 (4 posts) -

Breakdown was one of a few release games for the X-Box and I THINK PS2. I'm not sure about that last part. but ANYWAYS, if you have a 360 (fully updated)or X-box original, go to a near-by game store's USED section, it should be there for around 7 Bucks. (sadly but surely, they dropped the price due to age and graphics)

#13 Posted by Snipes_2 (17126 posts) -

Breakdown was one of a few release games for the X-Box and I THINK PS2. I'm not sure about that last part. but ANYWAYS, if you have a 360 (fully updated)or X-box original, go to a near-by game store's USED section, it should be there for around 7 Bucks. (sadly but surely, they dropped the price due to age and graphics)

DeathGod_5920

What do you mean by "Fully Upgraded"?

#14 Posted by DeathGod_5920 (4 posts) -

Fully updated. meaning you aquired\downloaded the latest updates to your Xbox 360 console. more updates have come out since then, but still. In order to update your console, you have to have a Xbox LIVE Account. I'm not sure which type... (There's Silver, Gold, and Platinum accounts)

#15 Posted by DeathGod_5920 (4 posts) -

DeathGod_5920

Quick fix - They released it for X-box only. Hurray for Japanese game-makers accepting american systems! :D
Also - Sorry about not responding sooner - I'm not normally checking things like this.

#16 Posted by OfficialBed (16646 posts) -

Breakdown was pretty sweet. I never got to finish it though :(

#17 Posted by dsdz (1 posts) -

Am I late? lol

I love breakdown to death as it is a game I grew up with/grew on me. I played it over and over again, and I would love to see a immersion/FPS game like breakdown again.

#18 Edited by sukraj (22133 posts) -

It was an average game on the Xbox.

#19 Edited by BattleSpectre (5966 posts) -

2008 thread, the Necromancers have risen!

#20 Posted by Garfield360UK (19534 posts) -

Thread locked.

Please do not bump old topics in the future. Thank you.