Borderlands 2 is so hard

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hardyz200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 hardyz200
Member since 2010 • 543 Posts

im about 15 hours in and im not going to spoil anything lets just say the enimes almost become impossible when you play solo and i keep dying is it like this for anyone else

boredom_kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 boredom_kills
Member since 2010 • 190 Posts

I'm not as far in as you (hell, I'm 20 mins in!) but I did finish the first BL game and had a similar issue. I'd been sticking mostly to the main storyline and reached a boss that just kept on handing my ass to me. I got sick of it so went off and did a load of side quests, levelled up a lot, then went back and took him apart.

I'm guessing Borderlands 2 works in a similar way. I reckon if you go off and grind for a bit, you'll get to the point where you can handle those enemies better.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

It has already been told: no way of finishing BL2 by doing the main quest only, you have to do side quests in order to level up and be able to face the MQ enemies.

hardyz200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hardyz200

I'm not as far in as you (hell, I'm 20 mins in!) but I did finish the first BL game and had a similar issue. I'd been sticking mostly to the main storyline and reached a boss that just kept on handing my ass to me. I got sick of it so went off and did a load of side quests, levelled up a lot, then went back and took him apart.

I'm guessing Borderlands 2 works in a similar way. I reckon if you go off and grind for a bit, you'll get to the point where you can handle those enemies better.

boredom_kills

Thank you ill start doing side missons but im a person who finishes the main story then does side missions so i dont forget the story

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Borderlands and Borderlands 2 are games you need to level up in to do the main quest. You'll want to do side quests as you find them so your strong enough to beat the main quest.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

As others have said, sidequests are extremely important.

hardyz200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hardyz200
i have just started doing side quests so far they are actually pretty good i thought they wont be as enjoyable as the main missions i loved the TMNT side quest
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
borderlands2 its hard and fantastic game i love it
kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

Yeah as everyone has said, just do the side quests.

Make sure you do them in order of lowest to highest level as well, that may sound like obvious advice, but once I made it to the Highlands and starting doing quests there I ended up with about 15 quests at the same time.. so doing them lowest to highest with make everything level up properly and it shouldn't be too hard. Though I must say, as someone who put over 100 hours in BL1, this game is MUCH harder than the first.

Flamingpostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Flamingpostman
Member since 2006 • 1172 Posts

yeah haha it is especially when the buzzards keep shooting you

mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#11 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
I would suggest doing all the side quest then doing the story then going back to the side quest.There are so many people on my friends list that can't get past parts that i can just walk right through because they just want to get through the story so they can go through there second playthrough.....level,level,level
hardyz200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hardyz200
Thanks i just passed the bit i was stuck on did about 9 sidequests
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

As others have said, sidequests are extremely important.

Vari3ty

yup u cant beat the side missions.

Avatar image for deactivated-608a2eb908da4
deactivated-608a2eb908da4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-608a2eb908da4
Member since 2012 • 119 Posts

Perhaps finding some friends to play with would be the key?

sarabowling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sarabowling
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I just joined Points2Shop a few weeks ago and already have gotten the new Borderlands game for free! There is no catch, all you have to do is complete surveys and play games which you then trade in your points for pretty much anything in Amazon. Each 100 points equals one dollar. Anyone would be dumb to not do it, I have saved so much money. It's way better than Swag Bucks or any other points site! Just click the link below to get started! http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=sarabowling
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Oh god, is it like the first where you're *always* underleveled?
RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

There is many ways to fix this problem. Make sure you are no more then 2 lvls under the required lvl for each mission. Always do as many side quests as you can. If that doesnt work out for you join a friend who is a higher lvl and let him boost you up a few lvls so you can catch up to your game. Borderlands requires you to do side quests in order to maintain your lvl for the Story missions. Good Luck :)

Patrickbrown56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 Patrickbrown56
Member since 2010 • 892 Posts

Everyone else is right, do side missions.

But also, just make sure to look at the difficulty level of the missions you have on the mission log have before taking them on. You don't want to try any missions that say "Impossible," "Hard," or "Tough." Well... maybe you can try tough missions if you want a challenge. But mostly you're just going to frustrate yourself and lose a lot of money using the new-u station. Go on quests that are normal, easy, or trivial, shooting mainly for normal difficulty.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

Yes, do the optional quests. Remember, this is part RPG so you'll need to gring a little bit.

Also, make sure you're getting better guns and shields, allocating your upgrade points and spending your Badass points. Also, if you're not doing this already, make sure you're taking advantage of your special ability.

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

im about 15 hours in and im not going to spoil anything lets just say the enimes almost become impossible when you play solo and i keep dying is it like this for anyone else

hardyz200
The game is harder then what it was in the first game, but its doing, plenty of people have beaten the game by themselves.
boredom_kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 boredom_kills

Oh god, is it like the first where you're *always* underleveled?Blabadon

Nope - you weren't 'always' underleveled in the first one - it was just that doing the side quests meant you'd be the right level (maybe one or two higher/lower either way) as you progressed through the story. BL2 works in the same way - the side quests aren't as optional as you may think - IF you want to make it through the main quest without dying all the time.

xDeadMarchx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 xDeadMarchx
Member since 2012 • 44 Posts

The only hard part about borderlands 2 is sorting out the real shotguns from the troll shotguns.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#23 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Perhaps finding some friends to play with would be the key?

Killrnut

Actually the more people in a game, the more difficult the enemies are.

Avatar image for deactivated-608a2eb908da4
deactivated-608a2eb908da4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-608a2eb908da4
Member since 2012 • 119 Posts

Its true that the enemies stats scale up with more people, but get players of a couple different classes together, and it works a lot better. Especially with a siren. :-)

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

It's definitely harder than the original game but not unfair-hard, at least not on Playthrough 1. So far on Zer0, my alt, the only trouble i've encountered is the robot who...

[spoiler] kidnapped Roland [/spoiler]

The first time around in the bloodshot settlement it killed me quite a few time, i focused too much on the enemies it spawn and not enough on him and the floating robot that repair shield, eventually it escaped to "Friendship Gulag" where the encounter was far more tolerable, good use of Deception and full focus on the boss was successful.

S'all a matter of being careful and using cover when needed. I can't really tell you to get better weapons because it's purely luck based.

So far i'm level 17 and almost one-shotted the first boss with an actual large health bar. Just do every sidequest and you'll be fine.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

It's definitely harder than the original game but not unfair-hard, at least not on Playthrough 1. So far on Zer0, my alt, the only trouble i've encountered is the robot who...

The first time around in the bloodshot settlement it killed me quite a few time, i focused too much on the enemies it spawn and not enough on him and the floating robot that repair shield, eventually it escaped to "Friendship Gulag" where the encounter was far more tolerable, good use of Deception and full focus on the boss was successful.

S'all a matter of being careful and using cover when needed. I can't really tell you to get better weapons because it's purely luck based.

So far i'm level 17 and almost one-shotted the first boss with an actual large health bar. Just do every sidequest and you'll be fine.

archvile_78
Same here. I hadn't die in the game soloing until I got to the part with that robot with the insane shields. Died a couple times than was more conservative, met the requirements and it flew away.
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

archvile_78

Yeah that's the first time I really started dying in BL2. That thing was a bugger when playing with Zero solo. Low ammo, and a continuous spawning of loaders did not make it easy.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

@firefox59&coasterguy65: I actually expected to get killed a lot during [spoiler] Wilhelm [/spoiler]

but i almost 1 shotted him. :|

From being almost at the end on my Siren, without spoilers, i can imagine a few other parts that willl be tricky in solo though if my luck with weapons is good then maybe not so much.

Gemini_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Gemini_Red
Member since 2003 • 3290 Posts

Think it's tough now, wait till you get to new game plus...

Actually, new game + isn't that bad, but you really have to mind your surroundings a lot more and know how to give yourself some breathing space from your enemies. Bad@ss psychos give me a hard time in plus mode, but maybe I just need to find a gun with some more punch.

ElPadilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ElPadilla
Member since 2007 • 609 Posts

Borderlands is very hard if you don't do any of the side quests and level up. However it's very easy and fun once you're leveled and find some rare weapons.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#31 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
i really want to get this game
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

@firefox59&coasterguy65: I actually expected to get killed a lot during [spoiler] Wilhelm [/spoiler]

but i almost 1 shotted him. :|

From being almost at the end on my Siren, without spoilers, i can imagine a few other parts that willl be tricky in solo though if my luck with weapons is good then maybe not so much.

archvile_78
Oh man, I couldn't believe how easy that battle was. I expected him to get back up or something else to happen. I had just gotten a new/better corrosive smg before that battle and he went down in like 8 seconds lol.
Tortoise_DETH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Tortoise_DETH
The only bit I find hard is whene younger players invite you to the bosses (T'Morphis, Master Gee, Hyperious etc.) because they have wind that have got it sussed how to kill the efficiently, as sooon as you have dropped the boss the host will kick you and keep all the loot for themselves! Asking the host a couple of questions before you begin should stump them cos they aint got a clue or the blinding bit of sense. Come on please, show a little respect. Tortoise_DETH.
Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
Let me break down everysingle RPG ever ! "you're not doing wrong, you're character/equipment just hasnt reached the right level yet, go back and grind for XP".
bootybin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bootybin
You need to play the side missions to level up... i bet your not doing any of the side missions, they are the most fun / funny anyways. :)
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

yup when playing solo you really have to go and tackle all side stuff to stay properly lvled

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

It has already been told: no way of finishing BL2 by doing the main quest only, you have to do side quests in order to level up and be able to face the MQ enemies.

_TheJoker_
This :)
NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NoDzombie
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts

Oh god, is it like the first where you're *always* underleveled?Blabadon

really?

i spent most of the first game OVERleveled, as long as you did the side missions it was easy enough to stay at least 2 levels above what you needed and you could easily get yourself to at least 4 levels over if you did everything

Borderlands 2 seems much the same, im not finished yet and it does seem harder, but i have managed to stay at least at the required level and have been over it for quite a few quests, you just need to do side missions

Avatar image for justinunderbakk
justinunderbakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 justinunderbakk
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I need help plz i need a few ppl to help me bet the invincable dudes along with dlc ones, if anyone can help send me a message on xbox or add me and we will make a time thats cool to play. Gamertag Givenspark
RichySe7en

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 RichySe7en
Member since 2013 • 27 Posts
Hard? Dark Souls, Xcom on challenging difficulty...... They are hard...... Stay true to the nature of the game and level your character accordingly and you shouldn't suffer and flack whatsoever.
zombehhhhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 zombehhhhh
Member since 2011 • 456 Posts

Most games require you to do more than just the main quest to obtain the necessary XP to beat it.

PurpleSmile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#42 PurpleSmile
Member since 2010 • 1068 Posts
I think its alright and I think its built for multiplayer... But I finished Borderlands in solo. Borderlands 2 is kinda boring tho.. idk
narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#43 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

It is kinda hard even if leveled up properly. Some enemies tend to one or two shot you with rockets and stuff.

netsurfer3210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 netsurfer3210
Member since 2009 • 72 Posts

I finished the game solo and it wasnt that hard....the game became hard for me from level 28 and still it was playable.Do as much side quest you can they will give tons of weapons and exp

Dexter-010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Dexter-010
Member since 2011 • 494 Posts
Make sure you're atleast 5/10 levels higher then the mission recommend. Then it must be much easier for you to complete the game.
boredom_kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 boredom_kills

I played most of Borderlands 2 solo and finished first playthrough alone. It's nowhere near as hard as the first game was.

tvogt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tvogt
Member since 2010 • 36 Posts

the game has a couple moments where it's way too easy and then moments where you can barely survive a firefight. Those constructors kill me way too fast