Borderlands 2 Class Choice

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by RiKanKiDD (1058 posts) -

Hey Borderlands Fans. With Borderlands 2 right around the corner, The huge question is what class do you plan on Picking to start your ultimate Vault Hunter adventure off with.

#2 Posted by g1rldraco7 (2852 posts) -
A siren like the first game. They are just so cool!! :P
#3 Posted by MikeMoose (3075 posts) -

I'll most likely do commando for my first playthrough, followed by either gunzerker or assassin for my next! So excited for this game.

#4 Posted by boredom_kills (190 posts) -

I played as a commando all the way through BL... I'm gonna go Siren this time around though. Phase lock looks AMAZING!

#5 Posted by kerrman (2904 posts) -

Definitely Commando.

I was Mordecai the first game and found myself using shotguns and assualt rifles the most. So this time around I will actually pick the class that will increase my ability with those guns :D

#6 Posted by Schreek (1636 posts) -

I'm thinking a Siren, but I have been messing around with her skill tree and can't find a single build I like yet.

#7 Posted by VoodooHak (15981 posts) -

I think I'm going to go Assassin this time around

#8 Posted by Virtual_Erkan (985 posts) -

I used to play with Mordecai but it seems that a sniper class is missing. Is it possible the that Zero will be the new Mordecai? If not I will try Axton since he looks cool :)

#10 Posted by RiKanKiDD (1058 posts) -

I used to play with Mordecai but it seems that a sniper class is missing. Is it possible the that Zero will be the new Mordecai? If not I will try Axton since he looks cool :)

Virtual_Erkan
Zero is infact the new sniper. Being an assassin he will come with a skill tree that will be able to boost your snipers. you can check out Zero's skills at borderlands2.com
#11 Posted by KamikazeDonut (2927 posts) -

The assassin, I love the idea of being able to pop out of cloaking and melee someone for huge damage.

#12 Posted by superapo (1714 posts) -

I'm going to do a playthrough with every character starting with the Siren Maya.

#13 Posted by SexyPorkins (1215 posts) -
I'm going with the Assassin. I love finesse type classes.
#14 Posted by GhettoBlastin92 (1148 posts) -
Commando is what I will go with.
#15 Posted by mrsniper83 (1552 posts) -

I'm thinking a Siren, but I have been messing around with her skill tree and can't find a single build I like yet.

Schreek
Congrats on getting 100% on all the easy games....
#16 Posted by firefox59 (4369 posts) -

I thought I had decided on the Siren or Assassin but the developer walkthrough of the skill trees makes each one sound interesting.

#17 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

I'm going Gunzerker, aside from being kind of the underdog (most people I talk to want to be Zer0, Maya or Axton), the ability to make the enemies want to attack you, go invincible for a short time, and dual wield any weapon in the game makes it a very badass class. Though I tend to prefer a stealth based approach in games and I chose Mordecai last time, this time I think Gunzerker is right up my alley for how I plan on playing this.

#18 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Leaning towards the commando... but I might go with the assassin or gunzerker, haven't made up my mind yet.

#19 Posted by archvile_78 (8382 posts) -

rsz_mayabuild.png

Skill trees this time around are much better so i had an harder time making up my mind but i decided to go with this build for her.

You'll have to check the official website to see what's skills i use though.

#20 Posted by firefox59 (4369 posts) -

Skill trees this time around are much better so i had an harder time making up my mind but i decided to go with this build for her.

archvile_78
See I disagree. It seemed like in the last game you could spread out your skills more and utilize most of two tree or a lot of all three but in the 2nd one your almost forced to build down a tree as all the skills complement one another. Your build is kinda interesting cause you dipped into everything, but because of that you don't have any of the power abilities.
#21 Posted by archvile_78 (8382 posts) -

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

firefox59

See I disagree. It seemed like in the last game you could spread out your skills more and utilize most of two tree or a lot of all three but in the 2nd one your almost forced to build down a tree as all the skills complement one another. Your build is kinda interesting cause you dipped into everything, but because of that you don't have any of the power abilities.

Well what i meant about the skill trees is how each skills looks much better than in BL, where in BL there's quite a few skills that didn't seem too good. Though i do agree its been simplified in BL2 though it's not what i meant in my last post, sorry. :P

As for my build i'm kinda going with what i did for the first game, i mostly focused around the passive skills and not those "killing x enemies give you x bonus for x seconds" and it worked perfectly for Lilith. Of course this could be subject to change.

EDIT: Switched my built and removed 2 points in the skill that increase my magazine size and reload speed and instead put 1 point in "Elated" allowing for 5% health regen per second to me and my friends when i phaselock an enemy and the other point went in "Res" where i can instantly save someone from "Fight for your life" when i use phaselock on them.

#22 Posted by firefox59 (4369 posts) -

[QUOTE="firefox59"][QUOTE="archvile_78"]

archvile_78

Well what i meant about the skill trees is how each skills looks much better than in BL, where in BL there's quite a few skills that didn't seem too good. Though i do agree its been simplified in BL2 though it's not what i meant in my last post, sorry. :P

As for my build i'm kinda going with what i did for the first game, i mostly focused around the passive skills and not those "killing x enemies give you x bonus for x seconds" and it worked perfectly for Lilith. Of course this could be subject to change.

EDIT: Switched my built and removed 2 points in the skill that increase my magazine size and reload speed and instead put 1 point in "Elated" allowing for 5% health regen per second to me and my friends when i phaselock an enemy and the other point went in "Res" where i can instantly save someone from "Fight for your life" when i use phaselock on them.

I can see what your saying. There were definitely some skills in the first game that I imagine almost no one used. What sucks (sarcasm) is that most of the skill trees look good for the characters so I will have to explore them all lol. And as for the changes you made to your build, that's exactly what I did in the first game. There are some abilities where you only have to put one point in them and just "unlocking" that ability so that you can use it is really helpful. Then if you get a good class mod you suddenly have 2-3 skills at +3 or +4 that you only have one point in.
#23 Posted by Rockman999 (7232 posts) -
I went with the Assassin this time around even though Lilith was my favorite in the first game because I first started off with Mordecai. I love the Assassin because once you start getting into your late teens and early 20's his "Bloodlust" skill tree just bumrush pwns everything in the game. I kinda regret picking him though because everyone in my friend's list on uses him, literally everyone lol, so playing with them just turns the game into a big Zero zerg rush. When I'm done maxxing Zero out I'm going to pick the Siren next, couldn't care less about Axton and that 'roid midget.