borderlands 1 difficulty

This topic is locked from further discussion.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

Hey guys, I just bought the GOTY edition of Borderlands 1 (only 19.99, what a steal), and i'm beginning to realize at level 7 that this game is extremely challenging. I'm wondering if you guys have any good tips for leveling up quicker, I can't branch out in the map at all or else i get slaughtered.

thanks guys

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Always do side quests. The game is quite difficult if you try and rush it. Playing with others helps too.

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#3 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts

Always do side quests. The game is quite difficult if you try and rush it. Playing with others helps too.

Legendaryscmt
Sidequests are a must. Playing with others really helps. Certain classes solo better at earlier levels. I found that the Soldier/Commando class was relatively easy compared to the Sniper.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#4 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I found soldier was pretty easy. I had pretty good luck solo with the hunter as well.
boredom_kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 boredom_kills
Member since 2010 • 190 Posts

Side quests all the way. They aren't optional in the Borderlands games, and some areas of the game WILL hand you your ass if your character isn't sufficiently tooled up! For me, it was the bit where you have to take out a bandit named Sledge. He took me apart to the point where I almost gave up on the game... I ended up backtracking and mopping up six or seven sidequests to level up enough to be able to win that battle.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#6 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

It's better to play with others, but not necessary. I ran through the majority of Borderlands solo.

Remember to do all sidequests and always be on the lookout for superior weapons.

boredom_kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 boredom_kills
Member since 2010 • 190 Posts

^^ That's a really good bit of advice. NEVER get too attached to a particular loadout in either of the Borderlands games! Your best guns become obsolete incredibly quickly.