borderlands 1 difficulty

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by destinhpark (4753 posts) -

Hey guys, I just bought the GOTY edition of Borderlands 1 (only 19.99, what a steal), and i'm beginning to realize at level 7 that this game is extremely challenging. I'm wondering if you guys have any good tips for leveling up quicker, I can't branch out in the map at all or else i get slaughtered.

thanks guys

#2 Posted by Legendaryscmt (12532 posts) -

Always do side quests. The game is quite difficult if you try and rush it. Playing with others helps too.

#3 Posted by CodingGenius (8118 posts) -

Always do side quests. The game is quite difficult if you try and rush it. Playing with others helps too.

Legendaryscmt
Sidequests are a must. Playing with others really helps. Certain classes solo better at earlier levels. I found that the Soldier/Commando class was relatively easy compared to the Sniper.
#4 Posted by Allicrombie (25340 posts) -
I found soldier was pretty easy. I had pretty good luck solo with the hunter as well.
#5 Posted by boredom_kills (190 posts) -

Side quests all the way. They aren't optional in the Borderlands games, and some areas of the game WILL hand you your ass if your character isn't sufficiently tooled up! For me, it was the bit where you have to take out a bandit named Sledge. He took me apart to the point where I almost gave up on the game... I ended up backtracking and mopping up six or seven sidequests to level up enough to be able to win that battle.

#6 Posted by Blueresident87 (5340 posts) -

It's better to play with others, but not necessary. I ran through the majority of Borderlands solo.

Remember to do all sidequests and always be on the lookout for superior weapons.

#7 Posted by boredom_kills (190 posts) -

^^ That's a really good bit of advice. NEVER get too attached to a particular loadout in either of the Borderlands games! Your best guns become obsolete incredibly quickly.