Bioshock Infinite Completion -Everyone is playing Bioshock 1 instead? No Replay?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 XspidervenomX
Member since 2011 • 372 Posts

Of the 52 friends in my friends list 11 bought and played Bioshock Infinite. Everyone though it was fun myself included. Of those 11 people 2 have moved on to another game and the other 9 are playing Bioshock 1 instead? No one is playing Bioshock Infinite again?

What does this say about the replay value of this game? Bioshock 1 is alot of fun but dont most people play their new game when they buy it? To me it says something about some major things the devs overlooked with this game. No save means you cant go back, being locked out of going back to other levels also limits its use. NOt being able to use all that you collected on your first play though was a mistake. Can anyone say Bioshock 1? It comes right out and tells you you can replay it again with everything.

Which might be why people are replaying the old game instead of the new game. I didnt go back and play Halo 1 for the 5th time after I beat Halo 4. Im sure its in the devs best interest to have people play thier new purchases...

Big mistake 2K.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#2 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

You are really carrying the flag for anyone else who has a problem with Bioshock:Infinite.

Maybe it just means...they're playing Bioshock instead of playing through a game they just completed. Not everyone cares about replay value...

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
I'm not going to play the same game twice in a row. I own LOTS of video games, so I switch them up. I would think most people do the same. "Big mistake 2K" - Lol, ok guy.
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I've played through it twice. The second time mainly to finish up all the collectibles. It will be awhile before I pick it up again, but I will pick it up again. So I'd say it has just as much replay-ability as the first one.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#5 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Only games I played through twice in a row are way of the samurai games and Bastion. They will more than likely play it again. It just doesnt have a high replay value I guess.

I even play old school rpg's over again, just not right after I beat it.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

I played it three times back to back to back. And now I'm doing simultaneous replays of Bioshock 1 and 2. And also going back through select chapters of Infinite, hunting those last 3 pesky telescopes I can't seem to find. Problem?

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

No save means you cant go back, being locked out of going back to other levels also limits its use. NOt being able to use all that you collected on your first play though was a mistake. Can anyone say Bioshock 1? It comes right out and tells you you can replay it again with everything.

XspidervenomX

After finishing the game, you can start from any chapter you want. 

Also, what are you saying about Bioshock 1? I don't seem to remember it having a "new game +" feature. And I've played it over 10 times.

And finally, you're acting like the developers failed because your friends didn't want to play the game a second time immediately after finishing it. That's incredibly stupid, and doesn't even make any sense, on any level. They played it once, didn't they? They bought the game? Irrational/2K has their money? That sounds like success.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

[QUOTE="XspidervenomX"]

No save means you cant go back, being locked out of going back to other levels also limits its use. NOt being able to use all that you collected on your first play though was a mistake. Can anyone say Bioshock 1? It comes right out and tells you you can replay it again with everything.

the_bi99man

After finishing the game, you can start from any chapter you want. 

Also, what are you saying about Bioshock 1? I don't seem to remember it having a "new game +" feature. And I've played it over 10 times.

And finally, you're acting like the developers failed because your friends didn't want to play the game a second time immediately after finishing it. That's incredibly stupid, and doesn't even make any sense, on any level. They played it once, didn't they? They bought the game? Irrational/2K has their money? That sounds like success.

get out of here with that logic!
Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

meh its really rare for me to replay a game i think literally since i started gaming  prolly only replayed a few games FF7 , ocarina of time and bioshock maybe 3 others i cant recall. its not that other games i play arent amazing im usually anxious to get started on my next game

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#10 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Even if I didn't have other games to play I wouldn't replay the game right away. I know the story, I've found the majority of collectables, I explored the world, and like the first two Bioshock games I hate the combat. Not much reason to replay it immediately.