bioshock 2 storyline

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drir495

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 drir495
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
What do you think bioshock 2 will be about? I honestly have no clue after the ending of bioshock 1. I also Heard it will be a trilogy?
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#2 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
Hopefully a prequel so we get to play through Rapture's demise rather than witness it in ruins.
grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts

I heard it's a prequel, but I don't know for sure. Hopefully it'll take placce in another utopian city gone wronginstead of rapture again. I liked rapture, just another city would be even beter.
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
Hopefully a prequel so we get to play through Rapture's demise rather than witness it in ruins.spazzx625

I agree, there were a lot of mysterious plots that were left unanswered in the first. There would be enough content to make it a great sequel.
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts

I heard it's a prequel, but I don't know for sure. Hopefully it'll take placce in another utopian city gone wronginstead of rapture again. I liked rapture, just another city would be even beter.grafkhun

I can't really see there being another underwater city. Rapture was built with a specific goal in mind and was unique from everything else on the surface. I would say it's the only thing of it's kind especially for the time frame.
Avatar image for TIE_Elite_Pilot
TIE_Elite_Pilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 TIE_Elite_Pilot
Member since 2004 • 829 Posts
I do like the sound of a prequel. Start it out with Rapture in it's full glory, and then BAM, catastrophe and you're now in the middle of a s***storm.
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#7 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts
I have to agree, a prequal would be good. Not only would we learn more about Rapture but maybe we can see how Rapture before it went to chaos.
Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts
honestly, idon't think this game was really built for a sequel. it's only happening because it did well sales wise. considering that, it's gotta be a prequel.
armyman455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 armyman455
Member since 2008 • 914 Posts
well that would be confusing to be a prequel because its going to be a trilogy and they are inceed making bioshock 3 so maybe that one could be the prequel but a game then a prequel then a sequel would be confusing
Solidus_Mute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 Solidus_Mute
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts
A prequal would be nice. But to be completely honest, I'd prefer a completely different place all together as I see a prequal being very hard to pull off.
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#11 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts

well that would be confusing to be a prequel because its going to be a trilogy and they are inceed making bioshock 3 so maybe that one could be the prequel but a game then a prequel then a sequel would be confusingarmyman455

Metal Gear Solid and Devil May Cry both have 'out of order' storylines, and it doesn't detract from them at all.

damedash122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 damedash122
Member since 2005 • 517 Posts

i have heard it will be a prequel! but honestly how could it really be a sequel unless u use a different character! due to the ending which i wont talk about! i would like a prequel because that way u could see how rapture was before everything went awry!

Bioshock Achievements 51/51 1100G

damedude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 damedude123
Member since 2006 • 765 Posts

a prequel would be the best option, imagine seeing areas from the first game, featured in the second but with people walking around, laughing, dancing to the music. then for it all to come crashing down.....hmmm....sound like titanic?

69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 69ANT69
Member since 2007 • 8472 Posts
I'm sure it will be a prequel, but its going to be hard to think of a good and entertaining storyline.
LUK3isH3RE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LUK3isH3RE
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts
As long as BioShock 2 manages to capture the same creepy atmosphere, I'll be happy.
ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts
Well they already laid out the story for Rapture's collapse. They just need to turn it into a game
Weredawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Weredawg
Member since 2003 • 90 Posts
I think a prequel would suffer from a few problems. Mainly, how would it end? Your character would have to die or escape, and if he escaped people would be notified of what happened in Rapture. Hmmm, actually that would bring up a good reason for people to ignore it *if* the general public new where and if it existed.
Avatar image for RebellionReborn
RebellionReborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RebellionReborn
Member since 2008 • 76 Posts
Prequel or sequel, I am all for it. The only things I consider necesarry are the atmosphere, and Andrew Ryan. If it was a prequel, it would be AMAZING to watch his descent into madness unfold. If a sequel, I would love some sort of flashbacks about him. Yeah, I'm just a little bit of a fan of the character.
Avatar image for YoungGSReviewer
YoungGSReviewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 YoungGSReviewer
Member since 2007 • 889 Posts

wouldnt the story be cool if it was about escaping from rapture as rapture was changing to what it was in the first bioshock but when you got to the craft to the surface the last craft left without you and you had to fend for yourself while trying find another way out?

Kayaknutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kayaknutt
Member since 2007 • 123 Posts
a prequal would be a lot better imo
IMonKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 IMonKI
Member since 2008 • 151 Posts
Yeah a prequel would be a good idea because after Bioshock 1 ended, i dont know what else could go on after that. Because if you save all the little sisters you see them standing at your bed side as Jack dies. Hmm I guess I will have to wait and see.
Dr_9irlfri3nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Dr_9irlfri3nd

Yeah a prequel would be a good idea because after Bioshock 1 ended, i dont know what else could go on after that. Because if you save all the little sisters you see them standing at your bed side as Jack dies. Hmm I guess I will have to wait and see.IMonKI

I'm thinking along the lines that perhaps the Little Sisters had children, and that the girl you see in the PS3 trailer is the daughter of a Little Sister who is drawn to "The Sea of Dreams." Though the prequel would be an interesting idea as well! I think it would be intriguing if they somehow crossed the plot of the first Bioshock with this prequel.

BIOSHOCKER98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 BIOSHOCKER98
Member since 2008 • 451 Posts
i already know that its gonna be a prequel and a sequel and sander cohen is gonna appear in it. its also gonna be published by 2K MARIN :)
Baelath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Baelath
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts

I think a prequel "could" be creative, however we already know the ending so it takes away from a certain tense feeling because we don't know what's going on. They could incorporate scenes from before the spiralling of Rapture by having a survivor revealed in Bioshock 2. If we want to have any diversity (which has been mentioned from the lack of enemies, and no guns that are off-the-wall in a creative standpoint) than a prequel is not going to have that unless the devs do it in a very creative fashion.
Bioshock 2, however, shouldn't be in some completely distant setting, like another underwater utopia somewhere else. The developpers already have this amazing setting, so they should continue it but not in a "prequel" fashion.

blacksab09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 blacksab09
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
the only reason they are making bioshock 2 is because of its sales. its a great game! i cant wait to get my hands on the second one! but theres a big chance it might suck. bioshock has the best storyline of any game i have ever seen. so making a second one will be a chalange becouse if the story line is not good...then theres no point. what ever they choose to do i hope they succeed becouse, ill be pissed if this great game is ruined from a sequal or prequal.
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
What do you think bioshock 2 will be about? I honestly have no clue after the ending of bioshock 1. I also Heard it will be a trilogy?drir495
I think it should be about something else then down in Rapture.
GameMaster579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GameMaster579
Member since 2004 • 513 Posts
Maybe it could be part prequel and sequel, one part to tell of Rapture before its downfall and the other part to tell about the lives of the little sisters after the first game, maybe even get to play as one all grown up?
Draylorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#28 Draylorn
Member since 2003 • 146 Posts

U guyez I thinc BIO SHOCK II will be a prekwul. IT will has ppl frum the first one iN it and they willnot be all crAzy yet, but then...... they wILL be!!!1111one

Maybe they will add Darth Vader into the story somehow. Star Wars tie-in FTWinzorz!

DarthBlivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DarthBlivion
Member since 2005 • 1458 Posts

A better idea would be to tell another story about a different place in a different time. Make Bioshock sought of an episodic trilogy about this wonderous places gone horribly wrong for different reasons under different circumstances. Kind of like the Twilight Zone series or the Outer Limits.

Going back to Rapture in a prequel? They'll have to set the creative juices on overdrive to pull that off. Otherwise its a rehash of what we've seen before and we already got a pretty good idea about what went wrong with the place.

Flipdemenic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Flipdemenic
Member since 2009 • 49 Posts

wouldnt the story be cool if it was about escaping from rapture as rapture was changing to what it was in the first bioshock but when you got to the craft to the surface the last craft left without you and you had to fend for yourself while trying find another way out?

YoungGSReviewer
That my friend is dead space, and it an only be a prequel, u either die or kill everyone on the end, i recon their will be 2 difffrent patsh one from wen u died (good ending, new start) and were ur defending from splicers in the world (bad ending they all escape)
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i don't know but i hope that it is a good game to play.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#32 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Hopefully a prequel so we get to play through Rapture's demise rather than witness it in ruins.spazzx625
agreed! :D
Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
we havent heard anything yet.
me_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 me_rock
Member since 2004 • 2462 Posts
It's gonna be a sequal, but I want to see a prequal too. And I know it's gonna be a sequal because the "little sisters" are a lot older now.
Kaos39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Kaos39
Member since 2007 • 695 Posts
Pretty sure it will be a prequel, which is awesome. Lot of unanswered questions.
adamdust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 adamdust

Just like System shock and system shock two, i think Bioshock will follow the element that made the first one: that strange parasitic stuff at the ocean's bottom.

with system shock, we had Shodan, the AI.

Shodan, in the second one, made the many -- her children.

I think bioshock 2 is going to get Lovecraftian, pull a cthulhu.

In otherwords, as the subtitle suggests, i think that stuff at the bottom of the ocean (the thing that infected the little sisters), is calling to the mainlanders through dreams. especially little children. and who knows what people will do when they answer the call.

I have no ideawhat will really happen. Maybe a deepsea mining facility, or a rescue operation like in the movie The Abyss, or maybe it'll be a coastal town (not exactly liek silent hill, but that general idea of being near water. All i know is, that force at the ocean's bottom is the only thing that the story line can pull in from the first one.

Coded12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 Coded12
Member since 2007 • 323 Posts

I don't know either. However the sound of a bioshock trilogy is very nice!

Also the idea of a prequel sounds pretty cool aswell, but i agree the trailer doesn't give anything away- my first thoughts were that the little sisters were going to be huge and the big daddy's small!

Anyway can't wait for the game, any ideas when it is due to be released?

-Grieves-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -Grieves-
Member since 2007 • 1708 Posts
Surely a Bioshock prequel would have to be about the original clash between Ryan and Fontaine and end with Jack (as a baby) being smuggled out of Rapture as splicers are starting to take over.
WingedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 WingedHero
Member since 2008 • 207 Posts
I would like a prequel but what sucks about it is that you already know how the story ends if ever it is a prequel. But I think it's gonna be a sequel because if you can see the little sister in the trailer she looks grown up already. plus the sands that go up hints us that it might be in another place or time, maybe a long time after Bioshock 1.
Sumskaterguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sumskaterguy
Wow i guess im the only one that actualy knows the plot of the game.(on this fourm) If you realy wanna know the main plot of Bioshock 2. then keep reading and dont belive any other crap on the fourm. 1st Paragraph Explains endings of "Bioshock" both good and bad please read first (warning: *Spolier!!!*) In Bioshock "1" The final battle is between you and the true Atlas. there are 2 types of endings to the 1st Bioshock. In the "Good" Ending. After Atlas is killed the Little Sisters offer you the city (Rapture). But instead you take the little sisters to earth. So they start to grow up on earth after escaping the city. And the "Bad" Ending. After Atlas is killed. The Little sisters offer you the city. But instead since youve become so crazy about harvesting the little sisters you decide to harvest them all instead for adam. And rise to earth with a bunch of splicers blah blah blah. Ok if you watched the Bioshock 2: Sea of Dreams trailer it shows a young girl staring off into the ocean. If you looked closely at the doll she is holding in her left hand it looks like a character from the first BioShock. thats rite people Little Sister starting to miss her Big Papa. So now you know the plot is a type of sequel to the good ending. In Bioshock 2 there are going to be Big Sisters who also protect Little Sisters. Now big sisters cant stand Big Daddys and think they just want the little ones for ADAM. ( A source of Energy in Bioshock 1 and 2). So this story line is going to be based on a normal human trapped in the rapture in a Big Daddy suit for protection. Thats rite thank you so much finaly get to play most the game as a Big Daddy. So now little sisters are going to be your worst enemy. But from a leak of the story line i found out that in the process of playing Bioshock there are little hints and evidence of someone else that was there before you. My Thaughts of Bioshock2: I do belive the rumors of Bioshock2 that it is taken place at the same time of the last journey but a diffrent kind of survivor. In my opinion a nice twist to the storyline would be if after The first bioshock when you killed atlas if you could meet up with the person from the 1st bioshock before he goes to the surface with the little sisters but in bioshock 2 you start harvesting the little sisters and dont have a choice to save them. And when the main character form part 1 finds a way out he wont let you out because youve grown of power and want nothing more but to harvest the little sisters adam. To me that would be a realy nice part for bioshock2 and mite pull the players in. Thank you for reading this is my first fourm for any game. I dont know why i commented in xbox 360 section when i play ps3 and pc games if you have a ps3 or want a leak on a game that is releasing soon message me and i mite be able to work my magic. !!!!!(PM ME FOR THE LEAK/SPOLIER OF ASSASSINS CREED2)!!!!!
cjg1075

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 cjg1075

i heard that it happens 10 years after the first one and that your a cool big daddy

cjg1075

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 cjg1075

I know for sure that it is a hole new plot

cjg1075

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 cjg1075
thanks for telling them the true story
shark-o-tack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 shark-o-tack
After reading an old article in Game Informer, The story line behind Bioshock 2 is that it takes place 10 years after the original and you play as the first Big Daddy. However being a prototype Big Daddy you have the ability to use plasmids witch is impossible for the later models. Another good thing about being a big daddy is that single splicers will not usually attack you (I wonder why). Their is a new character introduced called Big Sister who is a Grown up little sister that becomes a female version of a Big Daddy. She is always more powerful then you no matter where in the game you are also she hates Big Daddys so the fight with her is inevitable. She has also brought Little Sisters back to rapture. When you come upon a little sister you can harvester her like in the original or you can adopt her and carry her on your back allowing you to gather Adam from dead splicers.
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
Its 10 years after Jack Ryan left Rapture. For awhile things were hell, that is until the Big Sister came. She runs Rapture, essentially, and protects the Little Sisters. You play as a Big Daddy, one of the original prototypes, so you still have your self-awareness. The rest is a mystery as for right now... Multiplayer depicts the fall of Rapture, when the fights first broke out.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#46 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
A prequal would be nice. But to be completely honest, I'd prefer a completely different place all together as I see a prequal being very hard to pull off.Solidus_Mute
bioshock not in rapture really isnt bioshock
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#47 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
Game Informer did a big article on it 2 months ago. It will take place 10 years after the first game, and you will be playing as the original Big Daddy.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 chaoscougar1
Game Informer did a big article on it 2 months ago. It will take place 10 years after the first game, and you will be playing as the original Big Daddy.UT_Wrestler
who was apparently hiding the entire time you were in rapture in bioshock 1
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#49 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
[QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"]Game Informer did a big article on it 2 months ago. It will take place 10 years after the first game, and you will be playing as the original Big Daddy.chaoscougar1

If I remember correctly from the article, the story is that the original Big Daddy had already left rapture by the time the events take place in the first game, and as the second game starts he is just returning to the city.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 chaoscougar1
[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"]Game Informer did a big article on it 2 months ago. It will take place 10 years after the first game, and you will be playing as the original Big Daddy.UT_Wrestler

If I remember correctly from the article, the story is that the original Big Daddy had already left rapture by the time the events take place in the first game, and as the second game starts he is just returning to the city.

....where did he go? haha vacation?