Bestbuy service plans are a JOKE

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the_mailman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1 the_mailman
Member since 2003 • 497 Posts
scroll down to bolded points for a quick rundown if you don't want to read this essay.

Okay so today I had one of the most frustrating eperiences in my life

Back on December 12th I brought my Xbox 360 in to be serviced. It stopped reading discs and I was covered by the PSP (Personal Service Plan) so I figured hey, this shouldnt be too long, my last repair through Microsoft was like 4 days.

Anyhoo I brought the thing in and the girl working the counter told me 4-6 weeks, I figured this was standard Custom Service protocol and that the girl had no idea the real wait, and that I would have my Xbox back within a week or two thanks to Microsoft's speedy servicing of their Xbox's (as I've experienced in the past)

So weeks go by. Weeks and weeks and weeks. I'm at the 5th week (or is it 6th?) and I call into the department for repairs. I get some girl, I don't know what she had for breakfast that morning but she seemed to be passing a bowel movement to me over the phone through her attitude. She told me, "4-6 weeks, we havn't got anything in." and this is before I even explained the situation to her, how long this should take and that well...that it's an xbox even. So I get tired of her game and ask to be transfered to whoever is in charge and can tell me what's going on with my Xbox.

The next guy, let's call him Chris (I think it was Chris) gets me on, and takes down my information. He tells me he's going to review my account and call me back. I don't believe he'll actually call.....but he does. He was very polite in the whole process and told me that unfortunately he has no idea where it is and why it's not back yet BUT after 8 weeks Bestbuy will make a complimentary replacement of the product no questions asked. I asked him how long 8 weeks is, my brother laughed at me in hysterics but I considered this an important question. After 5 minutes of Chris flipping through a calendar he told me the day to go to Bestbuy would be the 6th of February. I asked him again, so I wouldn't show up just for them to send me home or give me some excuse. He ASSURED me the 6th would be the drop dead date for them and for me to be issued a new xbox as part of the PSP.

So the big day comes. I sleep in, get all rested and ready and out I go.

Get to bestbuy, get in line at the Customer Service desk. I wait in line about 15-20 minutes but I am patient, as it'll be worth it in the end since I'll finally be able to go home and see video games in HD. After finally getting to the front, I talk to a man. He is nice but he tells me I now have to go to the Geek Squad counter to get help. Now anger sets in. I go over and wait again. There is no line, but there is a nerdy looking short guy in a blue **** there, ignoring me. I just stand there staring at hime until about 6 minutes later he finally looks at me and takes my papers. He then leaves and I stand around for another 10 minutes. It's not so bad because my brother and I are talking and making jokes about the people who work there....anyway

New guy comes, short fat guy with glasses and he seems so jolly. He tells me I now have to go wait in line at Customer Service to do this for me. Now I'm starting to get really pissed. These people have been jerking me around for over 30 minutes already just to get some help! So I do it though, go and wait in line. When I get there they ask if I have the box....of course I don't. They tell me to process the exchange I need to get tbe box....ugh, thank god I never threw that thing out a year ago. So now we drive home, get the box and cables, come back. I smile and say sure thing, figuring that if I'm nice and compliant with them, then they will just maybe, not jerk me around and give me customer service. I work in retail too and I know if a customer is nice when complaining about something I'll go out of my way for them, but if they are rude then nuts to them.

Get a new girl at the counter after waiting in line again. She nearly lets another person butt in front of us but we made sure that didn't happen. Girl working the counter made a remake about how we "weren't standing in line correctly" :roll: Then everything seems to be going fine, girl makes me sign this paper to cancel the servicing job on the xbox that is already out....we're waitin and.....all hell breaks loose "Oh No! Oh Noooo" in this sassy black voice "Nuh uh" she then tells me it's been 56 days. Not 61 days. She tells me to get the replacement Xbox it has to be 61 days, not 8 weeks. Now I'm giving it to her, telling her how the manager I talked to on the phone weeks ago told me FEBRUARY 6TH and that I would have no issues. It's even in my **** notes. She then comes back and tells me I didn't speak to a manager but just someone working there - so they lied to me. And now I got this fat **** giving me sass about how I need to wait another week. Correct me if I'm wrong but 61 days is 8.7 weeks. This reminds me of that Verizon fiasco about the 0.002 cents and $0.002 and Verizon not living up to their word they quoted. So yeah, this girl wont budge (literally). She is raising her voice to me even though I am not and telling me to come back in a week and they WILL NOT give me my new xbox. Then one says I could just buy a new one now and they will credit me in the 5 days when they can officially put it through the system....sounds good.....then as I'm checking out the girl asks me if I want a PSP....oh **** so I go back to the sassy fat chick and ask her about transfering my PSP over to the new xbox...no dice. She says that since it's a new one my old one is VOID AND NULL and I have to buy a new service plan despite having paid for 2 more years on the damn thing. At this point I just want to get the hell out of there and regroup. I am going back in 5 days to get credited for the new system and I am going to give them hell about transferring my Service Plan.

This is ridiculous though.
First they take way too long to get this back
then they put me on the phone with NOT the manager
and then that guy quoted me 8 weeks and the 6th
then the thing never shows up so I go through all their bureaucratic bull**** all day to get some service only to get attitude, no xbox, and to have them arbitrarily VOID my **** plan in front of me for no real reason.

I am still fuming but next week will be my finest hour.

Anyone else have similar issues with bestbuy?
HALFjap001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 HALFjap001
Member since 2006 • 471 Posts
scroll down to bolded points for a quick rundown if you don't want to read this essay.

Okay so today I had one of the most frustrating eperiences in my life

Back on December 12th I brought my Xbox 360 in to be serviced. It stopped reading discs and I was covered by the PSP (Personal Service Plan) so I figured hey, this shouldnt be too long, my last repair through Microsoft was like 4 days.

Anyhoo I brought the thing in and the girl working the counter told me 4-6 weeks, I figured this was standard Custom Service protocol and that the girl had no idea the real wait, and that I would have my Xbox back within a week or two thanks to Microsoft's speedy servicing of their Xbox's (as I've experienced in the past)

So weeks go by. Weeks and weeks and weeks. I'm at the 5th week (or is it 6th?) and I call into the department for repairs. I get some girl, I don't know what she had for breakfast that morning but she seemed to be passing a bowel movement to me over the phone through her attitude. She told me, "4-6 weeks, we havn't got anything in." and this is before I even explained the situation to her, how long this should take and that well...that it's an xbox even. So I get tired of her game and ask to be transfered to whoever is in charge and can tell me what's going on with my Xbox.

The next guy, let's call him Chris (I think it was Chris) gets me on, and takes down my information. He tells me he's going to review my account and call me back. I don't believe he'll actually call.....but he does. He was very polite in the whole process and told me that unfortunately he has no idea where it is and why it's not back yet BUT after 8 weeks Bestbuy will make a complimentary replacement of the product no questions asked. I asked him how long 8 weeks is, my brother laughed at me in hysterics but I considered this an important question. After 5 minutes of Chris flipping through a calendar he told me the day to go to Bestbuy would be the 6th of February. I asked him again, so I wouldn't show up just for them to send me home or give me some excuse. He ASSURED me the 6th would be the drop dead date for them and for me to be issued a new xbox as part of the PSP.

So the big day comes. I sleep in, get all rested and ready and out I go.

Get to bestbuy, get in line at the Customer Service desk. I wait in line about 15-20 minutes but I am patient, as it'll be worth it in the end since I'll finally be able to go home and see video games in HD. After finally getting to the front, I talk to a man. He is nice but he tells me I now have to go to the Geek Squad counter to get help. Now anger sets in. I go over and wait again. There is no line, but there is a nerdy looking short guy in a blue **** there, ignoring me. I just stand there staring at hime until about 6 minutes later he finally looks at me and takes my papers. He then leaves and I stand around for another 10 minutes. It's not so bad because my brother and I are talking and making jokes about the people who work there....anyway

New guy comes, short fat guy with glasses and he seems so jolly. He tells me I now have to go wait in line at Customer Service to do this for me. Now I'm starting to get really pissed. These people have been jerking me around for over 30 minutes already just to get some help! So I do it though, go and wait in line. When I get there they ask if I have the box....of course I don't. They tell me to process the exchange I need to get tbe box....ugh, thank god I never threw that thing out a year ago. So now we drive home, get the box and cables, come back. I smile and say sure thing, figuring that if I'm nice and compliant with them, then they will just maybe, not jerk me around and give me customer service. I work in retail too and I know if a customer is nice when complaining about something I'll go out of my way for them, but if they are rude then nuts to them.

Get a new girl at the counter after waiting in line again. She nearly lets another person butt in front of us but we made sure that didn't happen. Girl working the counter made a remake about how we "weren't standing in line correctly" :roll: Then everything seems to be going fine, girl makes me sign this paper to cancel the servicing job on the xbox that is already out....we're waitin and.....all hell breaks loose "Oh No! Oh Noooo" in this sassy black voice "Nuh uh" she then tells me it's been 56 days. Not 61 days. She tells me to get the replacement Xbox it has to be 61 days, not 8 weeks. Now I'm giving it to her, telling her how the manager I talked to on the phone weeks ago told me FEBRUARY 6TH and that I would have no issues. It's even in my **** notes. She then comes back and tells me I didn't speak to a manager but just someone working there - so they lied to me. And now I got this fat **** giving me sass about how I need to wait another week. Correct me if I'm wrong but 61 days is 8.7 weeks. This reminds me of that Verizon fiasco about the 0.002 cents and $0.002 and Verizon not living up to their word they quoted. So yeah, this girl wont budge (literally). She is raising her voice to me even though I am not and telling me to come back in a week and they WILL NOT give me my new xbox. Then one says I could just buy a new one now and they will credit me in the 5 days when they can officially put it through the system....sounds good.....then as I'm checking out the girl asks me if I want a PSP....oh **** so I go back to the sassy fat chick and ask her about transfering my PSP over to the new xbox...no dice. She says that since it's a new one my old one is VOID AND NULL and I have to buy a new service plan despite having paid for 2 more years on the damn thing. At this point I just want to get the hell out of there and regroup. I am going back in 5 days to get credited for the new system and I am going to give them hell about transferring my Service Plan.

This is ridiculous though.
First they take way too long to get this back
then they put me on the phone with NOT the manager
and then that guy quoted me 8 weeks and the 6th
then the thing never shows up so I go through all their bureaucratic bull**** all day to get some service only to get attitude, no xbox, and to have them arbitrarily VOID my **** plan in front of me for no real reason.

I am still fuming but next week will be my finest hour.

Anyone else have similar issues with bestbuy?the_mailman
yes... BB sucks
cloudiest_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 cloudiest_wolf
Member since 2006 • 129 Posts

i personally only purchase the product replacement plan.  and if i do try and take it to the store, i make sure i'm talking to the department manager or store manager.  wouldn't blame best buy, but the employees

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

i personally only purchase the product replacement plan.  and if i do try and take it to the store, i make sure i'm talking to the department manager or store manager.  wouldn't blame best buy, but the employees

cloudiest_wolf
Same here. I never knew they had service plans. The PRP is so easy. If it breaks....take it in and get a new one.
HALFjap001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HALFjap001
i sent my laptop in 6 times to be serviced... on my service plan there is a "lemon policy" - where it pretty much says if they can't fix it 3 times they refund you with Best Buy credit (gift card)... after i recieved my laptop when they were done servicing the laptop for the 6th time, the guy at the counter told me "no questions asked, the next time you have issues we will refund your purchase"... on the 7th time (last week) they told me the issues present with the laptop couldn't be fixed under the plan, i said "what about the previous times regarding the lemon policy"... and god this BULL S**T "well... we can't change what happened... if you want we can recover your data on your laptop for a charge of $150"... Best Buy sucks
ishii255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ishii255
Member since 2004 • 136 Posts
All service plans are a joke. That's my rule.
HALFjap001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HALFjap001
and god this BULL S**THALFjap001
i meant to say "and GOT this BULL S**T
RoadieRunnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RoadieRunnin
Member since 2006 • 259 Posts
[QUOTE="cloudiest_wolf"]

i personally only purchase the product replacement plan. and if i do try and take it to the store, i make sure i'm talking to the department manager or store manager. wouldn't blame best buy, but the employees

BioShockOwnz
Same here. I never knew they had service plans. The PRP is so easy. If it breaks....take it in and get a new one.

Thats why I love Circuit City.
the_mailman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_mailman
[QUOTE="cloudiest_wolf"]

i personally only purchase the product replacement plan. and if i do try and take it to the store, i make sure i'm talking to the department manager or store manager. wouldn't blame best buy, but the employees

BioShockOwnz

i dont think they have that in canada, just the PSP i wish i just got the microsoft plan. at least ive had good experience with them and they have a money back guarantee. bestbuy instead VOIDS my **** and tells me pretty much to get lost.
RickJame-s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RickJame-s
Member since 2006 • 413 Posts

Yeah I think its gotta be employee's not really caring....I've had nothing but good stuff to say about my local bestbuy queensborough store in BC.  I had a game replaced because it was scratched after  accidently dropped by my little brother.  I've over scratched my 1 year prepaid live card and lost the numbers with a nail clipper( It was my first time using the scratch cards...who knew the numbers fall of if you scratch to hard)  Both times the department manager said they will replace it this one time, just don't do it again!! :lol:

I've also had a receiver brought back for repairs...And it was fixed within 2 weeks.

the_mailman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the_mailman
ive had good dealings with their TV department when I was buying my LCD

i mean, there was the odd incompetant guy who had no idea what he was talking about but the floor manager was great to deal with. i didnt end up buying the tv at bestbuy but the experience made me learn that im never going back to futureshop because they are the absolute worst!

now i have beef with bestbuy, i needa find a new store :(
JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JohnWinger
Member since 2007 • 1903 Posts

Best Buy does not sell PSPs (Product Service Plans) for videogame consoles.

However they do offer PRPs (Product Replacement Plans) for video game consoles.

So basicly your entire story is a lie.

I would know. I work for Best Buy in Florida.

The PRP covers basicly anything wrong with the console. Its a great warranty and works fairly well from past experience.

BubbaCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BubbaCheese
Member since 2004 • 30 Posts

haha. the mailman just got served wit butta sauce from the homie from florida... good lookin. lol

:P

JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JohnWinger

After reading your long story. I really doubt you would go through all the trouble of making that up.

LOOK!!!

Best Buy is not allowed to issue a PSP for a videogame console. I didn't even think it was possible. Considering it has to be put in the computer.

My point is it that it makes no sense.

If they seriously sold you a PSP for a console then that Best Buy needs to be under Corporate Review.

You need to seriously call Corporate up and complain about this incident instead of whinning in the forums.

Right now I honestly believe your a liar.

I have never heard of a Best Buy selling a PSP for a videogame console. They can ONLY sell a PRP with videogame consoles.

Best Buy does not have the authority to repair any videogame console. Nor do they have ANY repair company which does so.

xxmystakalxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xxmystakalxx
Member since 2005 • 505 Posts

The PRP covers basicly anything wrong with the console. Its a great warranty and works fairly well from past experience.

JohnWinger

Exactly. I work at best buy in illinois. So either you're a liar or you/and or the customer service rep didnt know what you're talking about

Abigorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 Abigorus
Member since 2006 • 877 Posts
You must seek revenge...
dirtyharrycal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dirtyharrycal
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I work for Best Buy as well (in illinois too~), and you are flat out lying. We sell Product Replacement Plans for Xbox 360s, which cost 59.99 for two years. We do not have the AUTHORITY or diagnostics to repair an xbox 360. Stop lying, circuit city employee! ;)
Deagler_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Deagler_
Member since 2006 • 360 Posts
dude. I woulda snapped way before that.. Ask my bro, I snapped on people who push my limits.   I rememeber going to Futureshop and was trying to get customer service there(btw futureshop and bestbuy are brother and sister companys)  and the guy was on the phone with his gf, and I waited for about 5 mins.. and I looked at my bro and I just snapped, I jumped the counter hanged up the phone and I put the prodcut right in his face, and im like "I WANT A NEW YOU, DUMB ****" lol yea, my bro had to leave because he couldn't handle me yelling at the dumb kid.. and this was when I was 16 lol and the guy was 22 lmao!
ktc0ut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ktc0ut
Member since 2006 • 257 Posts
i worked at Best Buy before and they did sell PSPs. It was specific to certain items though. They do exist though.  The thing is PRPs are better, those are what is pushed more because you don't have to put up with the crap dealing with PSPs.

here's a link
Best Buy PSP
EarthShakeNews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 EarthShakeNews
Member since 2007 • 87 Posts
PRP
the_mailman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the_mailman
it is a PSP

i have all the paperwork and everything stating it is a PSP. The word "PSP" is plastered all over the place. Yes I know what I am talking about and no I did not fabricate this entire story of my frustration.

The only explaination must be that Best Buy Canada still does the PSP's while Best Buy USA does PRP's

if bestbuy.ca wasn't down for servicing right now i'd show you the link to the xbox console page, and the link on it that says "be sure to add a personal servicing plan!"
the_mailman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the_mailman
[QUOTE="dirtyharrycal"] We do not have the AUTHORITY or diagnostics to repair an xbox 360. Stop lying, circuit city employee! ;)

There are no Circuit Cities in Canada my understanding of the contract was that they send it to microsoft for repairs as if I had just got a warranty package from MS themselves. I have no idea why i paid for this.
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts
They are walking all over you, and you are letting them do it. I'd suggest picking up some social engineering books to study so this won't happen again. There are also plenty of websites out there on the subject you can look into while finding the right book suited to your reading/study style.

I'm hardly a master of the art, in fact on a scale from 1-10 I'd say I'm around a 3 so far... Even with that said, I would have easily walked out of there withing paying a cent. The *masters* would have walked out without paying and with a free $50 gift card as compensation for the trouble without breaking a sweat.
the_mailman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the_mailman
They are walking all over you, and you are letting them do it. I'd suggest picking up some social engineering books to study so this won't happen again. There are also plenty of websites out there on the subject you can look into while finding the right book suited to your reading/study style.

I'm hardly a master of the art, in fact on a scale from 1-100 I'd say I'm around a 30 so far... Even with that said, I would have easily walked out of there withing paying a cent. The *masters* would have walked out without paying and with a free $50 gift card as compensation for the trouble without breaking a sweat.
SuperBeast
i know, i'm horrible at this stuff. i fold like an origami swan
the_mailman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 the_mailman
for those who are calling me a fake for whatever absurd reasons:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0926INGFS10080318&catid=23383&logon=&langid=EN

http://www.bestbuy.ca/psp/popup_benefits.asp?newlang=EN&SKU=0926INGFS10080318&Action=Add&logon=&langid=EN

note the PSP in the url to the second one! ooooh!
TONY55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TONY55
Member since 2002 • 401 Posts
i love gamestop's prp. just walk in with a prp receipt and get a replacment with no question's asked.
fanboy999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 fanboy999
Member since 2003 • 1444 Posts
I was told buy BB that they would replace my Xbox 360 for free under their service plan. The one mentioned here is bull. It doesn't take that long to repair something. If you send it to Microsoft it takes about a week or so to get a replacement. Best Buy's policies are ridiculous sometimes. I usually shop more at Circuit City. They are a little bit better on their prices and customer servcie. Geek squad indeed.
the_mailman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 the_mailman
I was told buy BB that they would replace my Xbox 360 for free under their service plan. The one mentioned here is bull. It doesn't take that long to repair something. If you send it to Microsoft it takes about a week or so to get a replacement. Best Buy's policies are ridiculous sometimes. I usually shop more at Circuit City. They are a little bit better on their prices and customer servcie. Geek squad indeed.fanboy999
i just hate how one rep working for the repairs dept. tells me 8 weeks on the dot, and then they switch it at the counter to 61 days. i mean, why 61 days? seems a little arbitrary, but either stick to days or weeks, dont cause issues like this and one told me "it states 61 days in the contract you signed!" but i read the thing over and it has no mention of anything of the sort. it says it on the website for the plan details but that's it. not on anything i signed. you'd think they would do some customer serving instead of making me run all over town and then telling me im 5 days short - like it makes a **** different, my xbox was obviously lost in transit
Avatar image for swollen2thebone
swollen2thebone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 swollen2thebone
dude, i believe you.   You also have alot of Patience.  This why i never get the Service plans.  I rather have no hope over lost hope.  It gets to the point where your emotionally drained from dealing with it.  I really hate to say this, but stuff like this is enough to cause rage that makes GTA look like a picnic.  this is an instant spark plug for consumer rage.  I am just happy you weren't on the Evening News..

Keep your head up.
FlashCharge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#30 FlashCharge
Member since 2007 • 2239 Posts
Have not encountered that much trouble with Best Buy, Sorry you did. Suggestion, If you have a Costco near by it is the best choice for buying an Xbox 360 or any game system. My Friend had his Xbox quit 14 months after he brought and return it to Costco and they gave him a new system on the spot. All you need is the packaging and receipt, there were no questions asks or problems.
w7w7w7w7w7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 w7w7w7w7w7
Member since 2006 • 4891 Posts
Never shop there.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

JohnWinger

Yup... I used to work at one in South Florida. It's a lie.

That being said, some people around there were screwheads, but the company itself is pretty decent. It just depends on the store. The store I frequent is usually pretty good... in regards to the service plans, I'm the sort of person that believes extended warranties are for suckers. But the laptop plan is still a pretty good deal. There's the no lemon policy and it's covered if you drop it when you get the good plan.

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

i just hate how one rep working for the repairs dept. tells me 8 weeks on the dot, and then they switch it at the counter to 61 days. i mean, why 61 days? seems a little arbitrary, but either stick to days or weeks, dont cause issues like this and one told me "it states 61 days in the contract you signed!" but i read the thing over and it has no mention of anything of the sort. it says it on the website for the plan details but that's it. not on anything i signed. you'd think they would do some customer serving instead of making me run all over town and then telling me im 5 days short - like it makes a **** different, my xbox was obviously lost in transit

Dude this exact same thing happened to a buddy of mine at a Best Buy here in Ottawa, it took him months to get a system back and I;m not even sure if was the repaired one or a brand new one. A similar thing happened with me and my Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner. I brought into Future Shop to replace it, but didn't realize it was a PSP (I have had PRP's on video cards in the past) so I ended up waiting from April 29 to September 15 for them to finally give me a new vacuum cleaner. Luckily I have 2 vacuums or my house would have been smelly.
johncraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 johncraven
Member since 2006 • 1232 Posts
hmm last time I exchanged my Xbox 360 (canada) at BB, they just give me a new one right away. All I had to tell them was 3 red lights, and they understood immediately. Seems like they're getting used to it so they gave me a new one and this one is fine.
the_mailman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the_mailman

Generic_Dude

for the last time it's not a lie. i even posted a link to the service plan page and the product page for xbox with the "add PSP" link

we're obviously doing something different in canada
JoLOveS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JoLOveS
Member since 2003 • 364 Posts
Buy at Costco problem solved.
JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JohnWinger
[QUOTE="Generic_Dude"]

the_mailman

for the last time it's not a lie. i even posted a link to the service plan page and the product page for xbox with the "add PSP" link

we're obviously doing something different in canada

I belive you now..

http://www.bestbuy.ca/psp/popup_benefits.asp?newlang=EN&SKU=0926INGFS10080318&Action=Add&logon=&langid=EN

That's just odd....

Anyways how did you buy it? Through the store or On-line?

If you took the broken 360 back to the store which you originally bought it, then they should have just exchanged it out for a new one.

You really need to complain to corporate about this incident.

Its a real foul up.

Headhunter01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Headhunter01
Member since 2005 • 298 Posts
Only bad experience I've had with BB is that one time I bought a graphics card for my PC and when I opened it it had a freaking modem in it.  It wasn't labeled previously opened or anything and when I took it back, they gave me sh1t because they thought I kept the card and put the modem in there myself.  There is nothing worse than being accused of something you didn't do.
JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JohnWinger

Only bad experience I've had with BB is that one time I bought a graphics card for my PC and when I opened it it had a freaking modem in it.  It wasn't labeled previously opened or anything and when I took it back, they gave me sh1t because they thought I kept the card and put the modem in there myself.  There is nothing worse than being accused of something you didn't do. Headhunter01

The same thing happened to me a long time ago at Best Buy over A CD-ROM drive.

I lost $40 and tax, because they thought I was a thief. Which is BULL.

MaxConfidence3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MaxConfidence3
Member since 2006 • 31 Posts
Why wouldn't you blame BB they hired and trained the dumbass's who work there, therefore it is the fault, duh!
yogurt8706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 yogurt8706
Member since 2006 • 35 Posts
u shouldve just went through microsoft. at least they keep their word
the_mailman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 the_mailman
u shouldve just went through microsoft. at least they keep their wordyogurt8706
i know, it was an impulse thing the day i got it., i got it for launch and figured there was no difference between MS and BB and that it all goes to the same place i really regret it
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts
YO DUDE.

I have learned success in getting things my way with customer service. COMPLAIN your ass off and as for someone higher up again and again until you get what you want.

You're in the right here so don't take **** Having to start a new plan after they lost you shipment and they are in the wrong shows that they couldn't give two shi$s about you and tell him that. You guys don't give a sh-t about the customers and make other customers in the place hear. I'm not saying go crazy but do it in a smart manner with well said arguments that customers who hear you will agree with you and listen in cause of the BS you are going through.

I now look into all my bills and things because companies try to screw you over without you knowing cause most people just don't complain and take it up the a##

I think you'll be fine just go in there with an attitude and don't leave till you get what you were promised and what you deserve dude
guitarpro411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 guitarpro411
Member since 2003 • 38 Posts
If it makes you feel better I work for circuit city and I bought my xbox 360 there. Well it died on me about 3 months later, so I brought it back and returned it for a new one on the spot. (way beyond return policy)  Perks of working there I guess.   ... so nevermind I guess this no way helps you feel better about your situation. sorry
creekfan_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 creekfan_basic
Member since 2002 • 2539 Posts

I got dupped into a best buy plan with my first HDTV purchase 5 years ago. Got the 3 year service plan that the guy in the store told me included a yearly cleaning, which made it in my mind totally worth the price I paid. First year passes and I call best buy to set up my cleaning...they tell me the contract I got does not have that. When I said the guy in the store said it did she said that they get complaints all the time on that but that there was nothing they could do. I eventually got my father in law involved as he is a lawyer and got my money back on the service plan after a fight with the store....never again will I buy one and I always laugh at them when they offer one. They still tell me I will be sorry if it breaks, but I tell them I would be more sorry if I got one of their sad plans.

Get the MS extended contract. When my xbox broke I sent it in, and got it back in 5 total days, no questions asked.

Taelene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Taelene
Member since 2005 • 31 Posts
 If that truly happned to you I feel sorry for you. But I do not think it really happned. I have taken back both a sony psp and a Ipod. Once they determined it was defective they replaced it right on the spot. No box needed. Also had a cordless keyboard replaced even tho they could not find a problem.
FoxHoundADAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 FoxHoundADAM
Member since 2005 • 2759 Posts
Sounds like a typical return to Best Buy.
kale231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kale231
The only thing that confuses me about all this is Best Buy doesn't do service plans on xbox 360s, they do replacement plans. Replacement plans are much better. Cd drive isn't working? Take it back and get a new one. Service plans suck.
jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jwat4
Member since 2003 • 1934 Posts

Im confused as to why you believe that they will credit you the money you spent on the 360 the second time around...if they wont give you your money back because it hasnt been 61 days...which you should have argued into the ground how much time 8 weeks acutally was and spoke to the store manager at this point...because no matter what the customer is always right....and go through all this BS...getting the box...standing in line...standing in line again...and then again...

And some how give them more money?

What? How does any of what happened lead to you giving them money?

And what in gods name makes you think they will give you a credit for the purchase?

limafoxtrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 limafoxtrot
Member since 2003 • 1097 Posts
Well I've used the best buy plan on my 360 and the whole exchange took about 15 minutes. Not sure why yours is sending things out - they are supposed to replace it, not repair it.