Best Xbox 360 3RD party controller?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DumbDubya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DumbDubya
Member since 2009 • 668 Posts

Just wondering what the best Xbox 360 3RD party controller is?

I heard good things about the HORI EX2 gamepad except the right analog stick ghosts sometimes.

narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts

MadCatzis the most popular

DumbDubya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DumbDubya

MadCatzis the most popular

narog84

Reviews for it are so so. I'm looking for a controller with a great d-pad, great analog sticks (like the Microsoft one) and rapid fire mode.

s84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 s84
Member since 2004 • 560 Posts
I own a Madcatz limited edition fight pad, and while they are good to use. I felt it's a little flimsy. After extended use, it feels as though that the D-pad is about to break, even though it works, I hear a slight clicking noise when pressing up. I've used Hori EX2 Turbo, they are pretty good. They got LB and RB buttons mapped on the front layout with the regular buttons, in addition to the bumpers and tiggers on the top. Which makes this controller both great for standard games, and fighting games.
Avatar image for RatchetJunkie20
RatchetJunkie20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RatchetJunkie20
Member since 2007 • 966 Posts

I've never liked 3rd party controllers. They've always broken down on me after a few days. I'd rather just get an official XBOX controller.

DumbDubya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DumbDubya

I own a Madcatz limited edition fight pad, and while they are good to use. I felt it's a little flimsy. After extended use, it feels as though that the D-pad is about to break, even though it works, I hear a slight clicking noise when pressing up. I've used Hori EX2 Turbo, they are pretty good. They got LB and RB buttons mapped on the front layout with the regular buttons, in addition to the bumpers and tiggers on the top. Which makes this controller both great for standard games, and fighting games.s84

This was helpful thanks. I also have my eyes on Hori EX2. I'm waiting to hear from a few more people then I may buy it.

DumbDubya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DumbDubya

Decided to go with this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002LT9PXQ/ref=s9_simh_co_p63_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=left-1&pf_rd_r=0BJ4JM00V6DSAW8GFCD1&pf_rd_t=3201&pf_rd_p=1263271162&pf_rd_i=typ01