Best weapon in Halo 3

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by momotarow (23 posts) -

Halo is the best shooting game I've ever play in XBox and XBox 360

I'm just a newbie, and i have a question.

- What is the best weapon in Halo 3 ?

- What is the often do you use ?

- Do you have an idea about new weapon for Halo 3 ?

Please tell me, and give me your reason.

#2 Posted by gamerfreak1991 (2501 posts) -

Battle Rifle = best Halo 3 weapon ever!

#3 Posted by wreak (4645 posts) -
i don't realy think there is any best weapon. every weapon is designed for a specific situation, and some weapons are designed to counter other weapons depending in the current situation. i think it's just best to try and use your surroundings in conjunction w/ whatever weapon you have in order to tip the balance in your favour.
#4 Posted by SexyPorkins (1201 posts) -
The best overall weapon is the Battle Rifle. And I also like the sniper rifle a lot. I use the Battle Rife as often as possible.
#6 Posted by MIB911 (1720 posts) -
all the best guys i've played against usually use the sniper rifle or the energy sword... i'm not very good with either.
#7 Posted by tobkinator (594 posts) -
I keep the Assault Rifle with me at all times and its super common, and I usually have the Battle Rifle which is really common to.
#8 Posted by forgetwatyahear (6260 posts) -
The BR= Best HALO weapon ever,besides Halo:CE pistol.
#9 Posted by Mearik (322 posts) -

plasma grenede - even if somone kills you, you can stick em and get a kill and a killed from the grave medal for your trouble. my K/D id offset by 3 points,

if not its the rocket launcher but thats too easy.

id go needler, i use it a ton as soon as i get it, but plasma grenedes are my last line of defense if you are ever in close quarters always stick somone, if they are in a group you may even get colateral damage resulting in multiple kills.

add mearik and ill join ya in some fun, im in the lvl 14 and under rank brackets and havent played much other than slayer and lone wolf.

#10 Posted by Mearik (322 posts) -

The best way to kill Halo3 is to get COD4. Less bunny hopping and fewer 10 year olds.

Wait, I might have misunderstood the question. My bad.

MattRushmore

NO way! the 10 yr olds migrated and learned some new swears. they are all over COD now its impossible to escape parents have no sense in what their grade school children play.

#11 Posted by ArsenicA (1446 posts) -
spikers(dual) or needler
#12 Posted by linkinSOXecho (594 posts) -
the BR if you can aim. otherwise, stick with the needler.
#13 Posted by LedZeppelin1234 (60 posts) -
My favorite is the brute shot because it does a good amount of damage and has an okay shooting range. Also if a vehicle is charging at you then you can jump out of the way and fire at him and if a vehicle like a brute chopper then it can be easily thrown off course.
#14 Posted by jason_jx (514 posts) -

Battle Rifle = best Halo 3 weapon ever!

gamerfreak1991

Amen to that... For me it can be used as an all round weapon. Close range and long range.

#15 Posted by JakeTD21 (1631 posts) -
The carbine is better.......
#16 Posted by CrackerRiley023 (1057 posts) -

The over-powered needler, of course.... I hate that thing.

I prefer the battle rifle, most of the time. I've seemed to have lost my touch a little bit with it though.

#17 Posted by freshgman (12241 posts) -
If you have an assault rifle and shotgun you should be good
#18 Posted by forgetwatyahear (6260 posts) -
The carbine is better.......JakeTD21
alot of people have said that but using the BR seems so normal,i use both normally though.
#19 Posted by mtgamedude (15 posts) -
My personal opinion is the brute hammer or the spartan laser.
#20 Posted by flipv6 (167 posts) -
I'd have to say the elbows for the Beat Downs.
#21 Posted by forgetwatyahear (6260 posts) -
I'd have to say the elbows for the Beat Downs.flipv6
boooo cheap answer
#22 Posted by craigalan23 (15879 posts) -

The best way to kill Halo3 is to get COD4. Less bunny hopping and fewer 10 year olds.

MattRushmore

Actually the best weapon is the anti-fanboy rifle very powerful against people that have fanboy personalities.

But seriously my fav since halo 2 is the carbine. Just sounds really cool and i love it my second fav if the BR.

#23 Posted by dkhw (4045 posts) -
Battle Rifle or Sniper Rifle, whicever you are better with. I can't snipe to save my life, so I just stick with BR.
#24 Posted by forgetwatyahear (6260 posts) -
[QUOTE="MattRushmore"]

craigalan23

Actually the best weapon is the anti-fanboy rifle very powerful against people that have fanboy personalities.

But seriously my fav since halo 2 is the carbine. Just sounds really cool and i love it my second fav if the BR.

no offense to anybody who doesn't,but it seems good people always use the carbine and/or BR. It has been an observation i have seen since halo 2. and the pistol from halo:CE(same concept kinda)
#25 Posted by craigalan23 (15879 posts) -

no offense to anybody who doesn't,but it seems good people always use the carbine and/or BR. It has been an observation i have seen since halo 2. and the pistol from halo:CE(same concept kinda)

It's just a very powerful weapon that's great for most encounters. I prefer it because it's easy to aim for the head/upper body and get plenty of surprise attacks on people. Also yeah the pistol was like the ultimate weapon sniper/pistol combo was the best or for close encounters pistol/fuel rod cannon. I loved that game so much still play it too.

#26 Posted by NintendoWarrior (1236 posts) -

MattRushmore
thats really not funny damn COD4boys gotta jump in every Halo thread anyway, statistically, it would be the rocket launcher because of 1 hit kill
#27 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

learn and how to hit 4/5 shoots to the head with a br and u be good

br=battlefriffle

good for short and long range 4 shots to head is a kill

#28 Posted by cruxe (689 posts) -
The A button is the best weapon. or the off button, i prefer the 2nd.
#29 Posted by craigalan23 (15879 posts) -

The A button is the best weapon. or the off button, i prefer the 2nd.cruxe

I'm just curious why must you bash halo 3 so much? If you don't like it why not avoid talking about it? It's not "cool" to go along with fads where you act like a "rebel" and hate on every game. Halo 3's great but not the best so just stop your bashing it's not cool anymore i'm sorry. Get with the times the game's old overhyped or whatever you're gonna say doesn't matter still a solid game.

#30 Posted by tbolt_88 (1873 posts) -
Id have to say the BR. Very solid at medium distance..not so good upclose but hey thats what the assault rifle was made for. I personally love the spartan laser. It takes some getting used to but once you get the hang of it its a lot of fun to use. A lot of people like the Carbine and i guess in a way its better then the BR since it rapid fires a lot quicker but its just not something ive ever gotten used to. It just feels off to me compared to the BR. You should just play around with the weapons and see what works best for you.
#31 Posted by momotarow (23 posts) -

So you think its just like a link? What a good explanation.

After read this one, I have be more love to this game

#32 Posted by cruxe (689 posts) -

[QUOTE="cruxe"]The A button is the best weapon. or the off button, i prefer the 2nd.craigalan23

I'm just curious why must you bash halo 3 so much? If you don't like it why not avoid talking about it? It's not "cool" to go along with fads where you act like a "rebel" and hate on every game. Halo 3's great but not the best so just stop your bashing it's not cool anymore i'm sorry. Get with the times the game's old overhyped or whatever you're gonna say doesn't matter still a solid game.

Hey... i agree. I love the halo series (Co-op or single player) just saddens me that such a great game can have its multiplayer ruiend because they make jumping so ridiculous. I like games that involve some strategy and not just a button mash.

#33 Posted by craigalan23 (15879 posts) -
[QUOTE="craigalan23"]

[QUOTE="cruxe"]The A button is the best weapon. or the off button, i prefer the 2nd.cruxe

Hey... i agree. I love the halo series (Co-op or single player) just saddens me that such a great game can have its multiplayer ruiend because they make jumping so ridiculous. I like games that involve some strategy and not just a button mash.

Yes i agree there's a couple things i don't like about halo but it's alwas been a blast with my friends so i've always enjoyed the series. It's true there is way too much jumping involved that's why i prefer medium/long range duels to upclose running around each other trying to hit. It's so boring running in circles trying to jump/hit the other guy but you get used to it i try my best to avoid that kinda fighting.

#34 Posted by gr8scott (1008 posts) -

I'd have to say the elbows for the Beat Downs.flipv6

plasma grenede - even if somone kills you, you can stick em and get a kill and a killed from the grave medal for your trouble. my K/D id offset by 3 points, Mearik

There you go right there. Bash them or get them with a grenade. A lot of kills are racked up with melees. That's the Halo way of killing.

By the way, ever notice your assault rifle always tends to be about 5 bullets too short to finish someone off?

#35 Posted by momotarow (23 posts) -
Did you say this because of the damage point of the weapon? Or the weapon has an ability that you like.
#36 Posted by GoWowner (16 posts) -
Yo i think the best weapon in Halo 3 is the Needler or Double Maulers for close range, The rocket and the battle rifle for medium range, and Sniper Rifle and Battle Rifle again for long range. My rank in Halo 3 sucks but im a lot better than my rank cuz i play a lot of CUSTOM GAME (OWNAGE)
#37 Posted by Chuman231 (1007 posts) -

MattRushmore

that was so funny i forgot to lol

#38 Posted by Chuman231 (1007 posts) -

There you go right there. Bash them or get them with a grenade. A lot of kills are racked up with melees. That's the Halo way of killing.

gr8scott

uhh no, headshots are the halo way of killing. just BR to the face a few times.

#39 Posted by GoWowner (16 posts) -

Hehehehe taht was pretty funny but if a 10 year old can beat you you know u suck horribly. LOL! and by the way im not 10 so you dont have to think im defending my own kind. Although i do hate it when little kids scream into the mic with there high pitched voices! Its like nails to a fricken chalk board.... but way worse!

#40 Posted by momotarow (23 posts) -

Then why sure kill just limited on head shot, Is there no other vital point ? Please tell me

#41 Posted by GoWowner (16 posts) -
When i have a sniper i usually aim for head. Head is the weakest point on the body but the torso is also pretty weak. Hehe if you shoot someones gun with a sniper (ANY WEAPON AT ALL) it damages them and if you do it twice it kills them like a shot on any part of the body! :D
#42 Posted by gr8scott (1008 posts) -

uhh no, headshots are the halo way of killing. just BR to the face a few times.Chuman231

Hehe I know you're correct. In most places BR are the best bet. They are overall, the best gun to have. But in Snowbound and Guardian, it's nothing but grenades and melees that'll get a victory.

#43 Posted by canadianfuhrer (35 posts) -

MattRushmore

Yes i totaly agree with this guy lol. But my fav is the Battle Rifle if u pwn hs with it its really damn good.

#44 Posted by momotarow (23 posts) -
Hm....

Every weapon has a self ability. I think... I just use a weapon that comfortable to me

Do you feel comfortable with all of Halo 3 weapons? Is there a weapon that hard to use?

#45 Posted by El-Visitante (1137 posts) -
The beast weapon in the game is the melee.
#46 Posted by wraith-squad66 (1368 posts) -
the battle rifle is probably the best...but i prefer the assult rifle
#47 Posted by PS2Dude89 (1747 posts) -
I really like the shotgun and energy sword but thats just me.
#48 Posted by Bluestorm-Kalas (13073 posts) -
Nothing beats a Sniper/Battle Rifle combo if you can get headshots with both weapons. I love the Spartan Laser too, vehicles don't stand a chance.
#49 Posted by Black_cape20 (97 posts) -

Sniper rifle.

-Long range.

-5-10x scope zoom.

-Instant headshot kill.

-And I use it alot.

Spartan Laser

-Causes splash damage.

-Can be used for overkill.

-3x scope zoom.

-Can destroy veichles and other players in 1 shot.

-I use it mostly when I am facing veichles.

Beam rifle.

-Pretty much like Sniper rifle.

And some others.

#50 Posted by Soapweed (454 posts) -

Anything that can kill someone with one hit (Rocket launcher, splaser, sniper rifle).

Another weapon that is considered "good" is the sword. But everyone knows only weeaboos go for it thinking they're some awesome samurai. Not so awesome when they're given a history lesson about the samurai and why they died out when guns were invented.