Best way to spend microsoft points?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Nellynoway (1569 posts) -

Hey guys.

I just bought 2100 microsoft points for the first time ever. Mainly this is because of the arcade gane "N+", which i totally enjoyed on the pc, so im definately spending 800 ponts on that. Question is though: ill still have 1300 points left to spend. So i ask you, Fellow gamespotters: whats the best way to use 1300 points?
I have some suggestions:

use 500 points on a Guitar Hero 3 song pack (i think its a bit overpriced but...well, its a possibility since i love GH3)

wait for castle crashers (how many points is that game gonna be anyways? like, 1200?)

use it on themes and gamerpictures (that was a joke, HA HA, fat chance...)

yeah...thats pretty much it. If anyone know of a cool thing floating around on the marketplace, or if you happen to know the greatest arcade game on there, please do recommend some...stuff :P

Thanks in advance!

#2 Posted by CCCRT (196 posts) -

Well, the Mass Effect DLC just came out and that is pretty cheap (400 points I think?), so that is a pretty good deal, I heard it was pretty good. Other than that there really isn't anything great out there now.:? I suggest saving some points just incase something comes out in the near future for a game you already have. (Like more songs for GH3 or something.)

#3 Posted by Nellynoway (1569 posts) -

Well, the Mass Effect DLC just came out and that is pretty cheap (400 points I think?), so that is a pretty good deal, I heard it was pretty good. Other than that there really isn't anything great out there now.:? I suggest saving some points just incase something comes out in the near future for a game you already have. (Like more songs for GH3 or something.)

CCCRT

thanks for the response :)

Actually, i haven't even completed mass effect yet.... i know, its embarassing, but we're all human. So i dont know if ill be able to enjoy the dlc to its full.

oh, and can anyone confirm a point-tag for castle crashers?

thanks again :)

#4 Posted by wingman15 (2706 posts) -
The GRAW2 DLC coop packs are great. 800 points for the first one, 400 points for the second one. Well worth the money if you are a GRAW2 fan.
#5 Posted by JB_PSU (15 posts) -
Honestly, I love live arcade games, and there are some good ones hidden among the rest. My favorites are the strategy games carcassonne and catan. They are very addictive...but the best way to find arcade games you like is to just try out all the demos.
#6 Posted by ArsenicA (1446 posts) -
Mass Effect DLC and GH3 reprise pack FTW!
#7 Posted by SWITZZZAAAAA (1 posts) -
Hmmh... I got Castle Crashers, and it wasn't as good as it was said to be. Before you buy it (or if you buy it) I recommend the trial version. If you have Skate 2, the Filmers pack and the Dydrek Plaza are good DLC's. The CoD5 map pack is worth the 800mp. Fable xbox original is good. So is Stubbs the Zombie. The community games are very cheap, and some are quality (Some are pointless - TRIAL VERSIONS). You could always try the old time favourite. SAVE UP THE POINTS UNTIL SOMETHING GOOD COMES OUT!
#8 Posted by RobboElRobbo (13668 posts) -
Buy DLC for games. Don't spend points too fast, I got 4200 pts for xmas and after buying DLC they were long gone
#9 Posted by Beanoooo (271 posts) -

If you like Halo3 get the Map Packs

#10 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
if u play halo get the maps. castle crushers is already out.... i buy gamer pictures once in the blue moon..,. if gh3 is your game and u want some new songs go for it and ya they are over priced i think so to
#11 Posted by RobboElRobbo (13668 posts) -
Actually I'll recommend the Fallout 3 DLC, lots of extra content. Operation Anchorage and The Pitt are 800 each, and Broken Steel is coming this month. I think that's the best use of the points
#12 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
[QUOTE="CCCRT"]

Nellynoway

thanks for the response :)

Actually, i haven't even completed mass effect yet.... i know, its embarassing, but we're all human. So i dont know if ill be able to enjoy the dlc to its full.

oh, and can anyone confirm a point-tag for castle crashers?

thanks again :)

umm u know u can easly turn your 360 on and go market place and see the price right or xbox.com and go MARketplace and it's all right their
#13 Posted by pato-666 (137 posts) -
buy portal, i just got it yesterday, cause i bought yesterday 1500... or buy aditional stuff 4 n+, which is great!
#14 Posted by PyroPice (443 posts) -

.....you all realize the op was like a year ago right? ...... anyways Braid is teh win

#15 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
portal is short get loaade runner