Best way to remove scratches from disc?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Blu_Falcon37 (4041 posts) -

I've had CoD3 for about a month now, and now I can't play single-player anymore because of scratches on the disc(luckily I can still play multiplayer) And I know the scracthes were caused by the xbox 360's laser because I had it vertical(I now have it horizontal)So whats the best way to remove scratches from game discs?

#2 Posted by MyndFlyte (1103 posts) -
Probably buy one of the scratch remover things or I think you can take it to blockbuster and they'll do it for like 5 bucks.
#3 Posted by weinervil_basic (160 posts) -

i don't think there's any REAL way to fix a scratch, i mean how can you replace data on the disc that has been damaged? so you think the laser caused the scratch? i dont see how that's possible either.

#4 Posted by CradleXX (2820 posts) -
Buy a disc repair kit like DiscDr.
#5 Posted by Akm4everz (2390 posts) -

Rubbing Alcohol....

Seriously... it works for me.

#6 Posted by kcm_117 (2081 posts) -

the data is kept on the film at the very bottom of the disc, scratches just refract the laser all over the place so it doesnt read right. Cd fix kits put some type of clear substrate into the scrate so the disc is leveled, and the laser can read properly without being recfracted by scratches.

#7 Posted by capthavic (6478 posts) -

i don't think there's any REAL way to fix a scratch, i mean how can you replace data on the disc that has been damaged? so you think the laser caused the scratch? i dont see how that's possible either.

weinervil_basic

The data isn't lost or damaged, the scratches just preventthe laserfrom reading it correctly.

#8 Posted by Staryoshi87 (12739 posts) -
You can scratched disksinto MS, can't you?