Best Tactical Shooter?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BlindEffekt (897 posts) -
Vote your favourite tactical shooter and give reasons why
#2 Posted by NOD_Grindking (2778 posts) -

Vegas

amazing singleplayer, even better multiplayer

#3 Posted by Scarface_tm431 (10063 posts) -
lol Why are COD4 and Splinter Cell on there? I can see COD4 a little, but Splinter Cell?
#4 Posted by BlindEffekt (897 posts) -
lol Why are COD4 and Splinter Cell on there? I can see COD4 a little, but Splinter Cell?Scarface_tm431
why not they be on there?
#5 Posted by Scarface_tm431 (10063 posts) -
Well Splinter Cell isn't really a shooter at all and COD4 isn't very tactical
#6 Posted by The_SandRock (1946 posts) -

Splinter Cell isn't really a shooter, and CoD is pretty arcadey.

RB6 is the best tactical shooter IMO.

#7 Posted by BlindEffekt (897 posts) -

The_SandRock
okay cod4 is so arcadey. pop your head out in the open and see how arcadey it is? and have you ever played scda online?
#8 Posted by The_SandRock (1946 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_SandRock"]

BlindEffekt

okay cod4 is so arcadey. pop your head out in the open and see how arcadey it is? and have you ever played scda online?

Yes, I have so that's why I said it isn't really a shooter, because one part of the multiplayer doesn't make it a shooter, there's space shooting parts in KotOR but I wouldn't call it a shooter either. And CoD is arcadey. Saying that you will die if you pop your head out in the open isn't an arguement for it being tactical, any game with a sniper rifle that can happen.

#9 Posted by BlindEffekt (897 posts) -
[QUOTE="BlindEffekt"][QUOTE="The_SandRock"]

The_SandRock

Yes, I have so that's why I said it isn't really a shooter, because one part of the multiplayer doesn't make it a shooter, there's space shooting parts in KotOR but I wouldn't call it a shooter either. And CoD is arcadey.

okay you may have me on splinter cell i admit. but you calling call of duty 4 arcadey is a terrible failure
#10 Posted by telefanatic (2881 posts) -
Ghost Recon Advanced Warrior 1 and2 - simply because they have awesome single player and the BEST multiplayer for 3rd person shooters.
#11 Posted by The_SandRock (1946 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_SandRock"][QUOTE="BlindEffekt"][QUOTE="The_SandRock"]

BlindEffekt

Yes, I have so that's why I said it isn't really a shooter, because one part of the multiplayer doesn't make it a shooter, there's space shooting parts in KotOR but I wouldn't call it a shooter either. And CoD is arcadey.

okay you may have me on splinter cell i admit. but you calling call of duty 4 arcadey is a terrible failure

I never said CoD4, I've only said CoD because I've only played 1,2, and 3 all of which are arcadey, so I don't see why it would be a difference with four.

#12 Posted by BlindEffekt (897 posts) -
so youv never played 4? explains
#13 Posted by FunkWeasel (2508 posts) -

Whadda bout' da Outfit? :P

Seriously, GRAW may just be the best thing to happen to the Xbox 360. (Seeing as it was truly the first "next-gen shooter")

#14 Posted by grunt1096 (120769 posts) -
Rainbow Six Vegas hands down.
#15 Posted by RealKilla_789 (3668 posts) -
well dont have that many choices. call of duty 4 is tactical and neither is splinter cell. rainbow six hands down.
#16 Posted by siefier25 (361 posts) -

Arcade shooter is more like Halo, UT, and CS. Bunny hopping snipers, jumping over someone while blasting them in the head with a shotgun, lots of over the top maneuvers.

CoD(I've played 2 & 3) are more like Action shooters. Somewhat fast paced, frantic, but alot more precise. Leaning more towards a tactical game.

#17 Posted by Nills (1573 posts) -

Vegas..

Call of duty 4 isn't much tactical is it?

#18 Posted by mrxb0x360 (5253 posts) -

[QUOTE="Scarface_tm431"]lol Why are COD4 and Splinter Cell on there? I can see COD4 a little, but Splinter Cell?BlindEffekt
why not they be on there?

Splitner cell is not really considered a shooter. Call of Duty 4 is hardly tactical.

#19 Posted by pittongkid (606 posts) -
RSV gets my vote :D
#20 Posted by Bitties (205 posts) -
R6V was the best so far in my opinion. I own both GRAWs and they were good as well. I just thought R6 was more fun. Both single players and multis are good for all three of those games though. R6 doesn't get old as fast.
#21 Posted by bazanger (2838 posts) -
rainbow six vegas is the best tactical shooters, and one of my favorite games. hopefully kane & lynch will be just as good or almost as good though :) btw, splinter cell double agent is not a tactical shooter. tactical shooters are more than just the multiplayer, they include the single player to be in that title. PLUS the MP for splinter cell is not very tactical either.
#22 Posted by killerfist (19827 posts) -
Ive only played GRAW1+2 and Vegas out of your list. I voted for Vegas. not sure why. I like them both equally.