Best place to sell/trade games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by markcaniga (244 posts) -

I have a bunch of games now that I don't play and I don't want to go to Gamestop and get 5 bucks for all of them.

I heard about Goozex but I'm not really sure. It might take a long time to trade games. Is ebay good?

any suggestions ?

#2 Posted by IamnotBiased (174 posts) -

The internet seems risky but it has some good prices

#3 Posted by 105506 (5285 posts) -

craigslist

#4 Posted by STARXWOLF (758 posts) -

really the only ones i know are EB Games and Gamestop...but make sure the disk isnt so scratched up cuz they can get picky with it and they might rip you off...

#5 Posted by The_Dark_Jester (1649 posts) -

I have used Goozex for over a year now and have received and sent over 100 games. If you want to know more about it please feel free to send me an PM. I swear by it now.

#6 Posted by ZacharyT1 (529 posts) -

I'm just going to list several options that I've used as an alternative to gamestop. Goozex, Craigslist, Amazon, and Ebay.

#7 Posted by NALDOxCORE (2162 posts) -
How long does it usually take to get someone to take your game from you at goozex. And not just 360 games.... what about PS2?
#8 Posted by kozzy1234 (35153 posts) -

I use Amazon.com and Amazon.ca the most for selling used games. I get on average 60% more then i did before at gamestop/eb games.

Use amazon man! Just sold a DS game, a xbox game and 360 game for $35+$37+41. Sooo much better!

#9 Posted by nickdastick (5286 posts) -

I have used Goozex for over a year now and have received and sent over 100 games. If you want to know more about it please feel free to send me an PM. I swear by it now.

The_Dark_Jester

Yeah, i have traded tons of games on Goozex. If you want newer games it's usually best to go a different route but you get great value for your games.

#10 Posted by BeErBOnG29 (4387 posts) -
Ebay.
#11 Posted by The_Dark_Jester (1649 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Dark_Jester"]

nickdastick

Yeah, i have traded tons of games on Goozex. If you want newer games it's usually best to go a different route but you get great value for your games.

The trick to getting the newer games is staying up to request them. I usually get the newer games in about a month or so.

#12 Posted by avatar52 (11 posts) -

Your best bet is Ebay, mate.

#13 Posted by LycanBane (274 posts) -
Amazon dude, FTW
#14 Posted by Avenger1324 (16344 posts) -
Ebay finds the middle ground between store trade in and used buying prices. Sellers get more than trading it in, while buyers get it cheaper than buying used from the store.
#15 Posted by seankane (4076 posts) -

Ebay finds the middle ground between store trade in and used buying prices. Sellers get more than trading it in, while buyers get it cheaper than buying used from the store.Avenger1324

Exactly. Cut out the middle-man, and both parties prosper. Stores like Gamestop are only there to rip everyone off for their own gain.

#16 Posted by 2-10-08 (2775 posts) -

Of all the places I've tried: Goozex, gamestop, and ebay, Goozex gets you the most value.

#17 Posted by BiThBhE0 (1643 posts) -
I've been using Blockbuster for a little while now and they give you a lot more than gamestop on trade-ins.