Best part of Dead Rising?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ACESandElGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#1 ACESandElGHTS
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

What was the

funniest/goofiest/sickest/sweetest part

of Dead Rising?

Getting stripped down to your underwear by the raincoat freaks, only to listen to their groaning/chanting and high pitched "TAKE HIM DOWN!" weirdness as you fought the losing battle of beating on them while they stabbed you to death, well, that was pretty weird.

But the fat guy who gets overwhelmed by the zombies on the way back to Security and gets munched by one of the sexy zombies -- package first -- now THAT was funny.  I thought "ridiculous... this game rocks!!!"

SpinoRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 SpinoRaptor
Member since 2006 • 2419 Posts
Dead Rising is one of my favourite 360 games. Probably the part were the lady tries to save her dog.
Just1LostAzN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Just1LostAzN
Member since 2005 • 171 Posts
They got over powered by a little old lady...
Dogmatic923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dogmatic923
Member since 2006 • 734 Posts
that game just seems worng to me. I played the demo but i couldn't see why people would pay money to buy the game
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 whoisryanmack
Member since 2006 • 7675 Posts
the killing
skylerpwns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 skylerpwns
Member since 2005 • 627 Posts
The part where the crazy preacher got stabbed in the face by his own sword was pretty memorable.
freshfighter83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 freshfighter83
Member since 2006 • 503 Posts
Trying to get out of the ropes after being tied up by swat is pretty funny, but the bit where the evil clown falls on his chainsaws and cuts himself in half while laughing is pretty bloody wrong.
Avatar image for Millennium_King
Millennium_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Millennium_King
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
can someone explain the basic premise of this game to me? should i skip the scoop missions my first play through to make it more fun the next time? i like dead rising alot, but i'm finding it really weird in certain places.
Millennium_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Millennium_King
bump, w00t!
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 whoisryanmack
Member since 2006 • 7675 Posts
can someone explain the basic premise of this game to me? should i skip the scoop missions my first play through to make it more fun the next time? i like dead rising alot, but i'm finding it really weird in certain places. Millennium_King
so you dont know much of anything about it? or you own it and need some answers?
Millennium_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Millennium_King

[QUOTE="Millennium_King"]can someone explain the basic premise of this game to me? should i skip the scoop missions my first play through to make it more fun the next time? i like dead rising alot, but i'm finding it really weird in certain places. whoisryanmack
so you dont know much of anything about it? or you own it and need some answers?

i own it and i don't quite get it. what am i supposed to be doing? i understand that i have to be on time with the case files, but the scoop missions keep coming in and people keep dying and three guys shot at me from a jeep in leisure park and all i have is a pistol. i don't get this game!!!

Millennium_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Millennium_King
help?
Donjoelio23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Donjoelio23
Member since 2006 • 174 Posts
help? Millennium_King
calm down lol On my first play through I made sure I did all the important missions to get the best ending, If you have time to kill, do the extra scoop missions, save a few people for the extra pp, However dnt try and do them all. There is no way you will save that many on your first play through. make sure you do the clown scoop Out of Control to gain access to the chainsaws
resevilfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 resevilfan1
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

[QUOTE="whoisryanmack"][QUOTE="Millennium_King"]can someone explain the basic premise of this game to me? should i skip the scoop missions my first play through to make it more fun the next time? i like dead rising alot, but i'm finding it really weird in certain places. Millennium_King

i own it and i don't quite get it. what am i supposed to be doing? i understand that i have to be on time with the case files, but the scoop missions keep coming in and people keep dying and three guys shot at me from a jeep in leisure park and all i have is a pistol. i don't get this game!!!

you don't have to save everyone just do the main missions, i know you are probalbly after the saint achievement but you can probably get it on your 4th playthrough after you get the genecider achievement
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
when that psychopath in the supermarket introduces himself/dies, it scared the hell out of me the first time
deltaboarder18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deltaboarder18
Member since 2004 • 2527 Posts
i liked the first use of a katana/chainsaw/excavator
Millennium_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Millennium_King

[QUOTE="Millennium_King"]help? Donjoelio23
calm down lol On my first play through I made sure I did all the important missions to get the best ending, If you have time to kill, do the extra scoop missions, save a few people for the extra pp, However dnt try and do them all. There is no way you will save that many on your first play through. make sure you do the clown scoop Out of Control to gain access to the chainsaws

okay, i think i get it. i've tried saving a few people but they keep dying. the baseball bat is the best weapon to me right now, but it keeps on breaking. there are too many zombies man. how the hell am i supposed to get past some of those areas? how do i kill the three loonies in the jeep out in the park?

Millennium_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Millennium_King
also, i started a mission where some idiot keeps taking pictures and asking me to take pictures of him in pleasure plaza. why won't he stop? whenever i go there he's still taking pictures like a moron. i don't get this game at all.
Millennium_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Millennium_King
lol, i just found out that gamespot actually wrote a guide on this game. i did alot of things wrong. i'm going to start over and do it the right way. i can't wait to play now. thanks guys. :)
white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 white45e
Member since 2006 • 2453 Posts
i like the fat cop part where if shed tazer you. that **** was funny
Mossaike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Mossaike
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts
This game is awesome and very fun to play. I love how there is just so much to do in the game.
DavidFarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DavidFarren
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Personally i think dead rising gets very boring if you play it for more than a houre but the funniest weapon i think is the shower hear HA HA HA its sooooo funny when it squirts out of their heds :D
hypertqsport

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hypertqsport
Member since 2006 • 424 Posts
secretry?:wink::shock:
MrMurphy72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MrMurphy72
Member since 2007 • 267 Posts

Personally i think dead rising gets very boring if you play it for more than a houre but the funniest weapon i think is the shower hear HA HA HA its sooooo funny when it squirts out of their heds :DDavidFarren

If DR is boring then you aren't playing it right.  The best part is getting the hummer from the convicts after killing them then taking the Machine gun off the back and just laying waste to every freaking undead you can see.  Esp. if you know how to get more ammo for it.  :D

ELXCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ELXCT
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts
the shower head used as a weapon
ACESandElGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#26 ACESandElGHTS
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

The part where the crazy preacher got stabbed in the face by his own sword was pretty memorable.skylerpwns
Word.  Wish I could instant replay that.  Oh, that's right, the game must've shown it three separate times.  Thanks, Capcom, you're the BEST!
Trying to get out of the ropes after being tied up by swat is pretty funny, but the bit where the evil clown falls on his chainsaws and cuts himself in half while laughing is pretty bloody wrong.freshfighter83
And Frank looks away in disgust.  But not really.  He knows he likes it!
when that psychopath in the supermarket introduces himself/dies, it scared the hell out of me the first timechaoscougar1
I hope it scared you into never vandalizing a grocery ever again!  Especially a mall supermarket in a non-existent Colorado town.
i liked the first use of a katana/chainsaw/excavatordeltaboarder18
Yes, the excavator with a corpse on it was like a helicopter rotor of death, straight out of Army of Darkness.  The katana and the way it cleaves people in two, well, it's poetry.
i like the fat cop part where if shed tazer you. that **** was funnywhite45e
Nice job, Capcom, for most stereotypical portrayal of a fat deranged cop who may or may not have been a woman?
Personally i think dead rising gets very boring if you play it for more than a houreDavidFarren
Blasphemy!
but the funniest weapon i think is the shower hear HA HA HA its sooooo funny when it squirts out of their heds :DDavidFarren
the shower head used as a weaponELXCT
When I get tired of beating to death 2,500 zombies in a row with a boring old lead pipe, I like to relax and drain a few hundred gallons of blood with the ol' showerhead-planted-in-the-cranium trick.
secretry?:wink::shock:hypertqsport
Props to hyper for best made-up word of the month.  I too love "secretry."
If DR is boring then you aren't playing it right.  The best part is getting the hummer from the convicts after killing them then taking the Machine gun off the back and just laying waste to every freaking undead you can see.  Esp. if you know how to get more ammo for it.  :DMrMurphy72
There was never anything quite as satisfying as shotgunning, sniping, Uziing, or beating those convicts to death and then grabbing the mother of all machine guns.  You know how to get more ammo???  Please, tell us how!

Â