Best Games No-one Has Heard Of

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by hancekyle (1294 posts) -

What games do think are good that are not as popular as GTA IV, COD, Halo and RDR?

I think Mafia 2 will be good when it is released but no-none seems to have heard of it.

#2 Posted by JAB991 (6077 posts) -
Tales of Vesperia, DeathSmiles, Eternal Sonata
#3 Posted by uberpunage101 (436 posts) -
I think that Overlord (Not Overlord 2) is a great game, but few know about it.
#4 Posted by Kaim91 (967 posts) -

I think Eternal Sonata is a good game that I really enjoyed, but few people seems to know about it.

#5 Posted by narog84 (1126 posts) -

mafia 2 is really popular man

#6 Posted by TheQwertyCow (53 posts) -

Do Indie games count? :P If they do then Miner Dig Deep but no one really knows much about any Indie games.

#7 Posted by snipeshot11 (1006 posts) -

Gun. Only reason anyone knows about it is because it was one of the games that launched with the 360.

#8 Posted by Bllasae (190 posts) -

mafia 2 is really popular man

narog84

#9 Posted by MisterEditor (185 posts) -

Planescape Torment is the best game almost nobody's ever heard of. Just as good as Baldur's Gate series, if not better. Super tough to find these days though.

#10 Posted by KidCudi37 (3535 posts) -
I agree about Mafia 2.:D
#11 Posted by Eternal-Entity (1371 posts) -

Gears of War should be on that list. And I would have to say, Crash of the Titans is a game no one has heard of but is really good. Crash, not Clash.

#12 Posted by DeanG642 (595 posts) -

Gears of War should be on that list. And I would have to say, Crash of the Titans is a game no one has heard of but is really good. Crash, not Clash.

Eternal-Entity
Eternal Sonata being a big one.... and Gun was underappreciated, considering it was a great game...
#13 Posted by Eternal-Entity (1371 posts) -

[QUOTE="Eternal-Entity"]

DeanG642

Eternal Sonata being a big one.... and Gun was underappreciated, considering it was a great game...

I have never heard of those two... Lolz, either they are not big, or I have missed out big time.

#14 Posted by -clippa- (596 posts) -

Earth defense force 2017

#15 Posted by imperial_agent (2195 posts) -

Defense Grid (XBLA) is a great game, played it for tons of hours. It's a tower defense.

Commanders: Attack of the Genos (XBLA) is an Advance Wars-style turn based strategy that's really fun too.

Red Alert 3 is a great RTS with controls that work really well for a console.

#16 Posted by BloodiedHalo (56 posts) -

I think that Overlord (Not Overlord 2) is a great game, but few know about it. uberpunage101

/agree... And I would have to submit Phantom Dust... Its actually my favorite game of all time!

#17 Posted by retrogamer1 (47 posts) -

The Saboteur

#18 Posted by bessy67 (1734 posts) -

Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Lost Odyssey, and Eternal Sonata

#19 Posted by Rhino53 (2551 posts) -

I liked Ninja Blade, idk if it's the best ever though...

#20 Posted by nate_c-12 (3072 posts) -
Well the mainstream gamer never heard of Alan Wake and by the looks of it no one really knows about Mafia 2.
#21 Posted by orb_03_2006 (8494 posts) -
Legend of Dragoon!
#22 Posted by MazehcS0ul (1773 posts) -

Tales of Vesperia, DeathSmiles, Eternal SonataJAB991

Tales of Vesperia a quite a lot of people played that, but not as popular as COD, Halo etc. Deathsmilies (of course not, it first came out on Japan 2007 then on North America 2010. Eternal Sonata was just another missed out jrpg. Great games though but out wasovershadowedbyWestern games.

#23 Posted by MazehcS0ul (1773 posts) -

Legend of Dragoon!orb_03_2006

That game is on the ps1 right? I had that game. good times good times.

#24 Posted by TonyMedhurst (110 posts) -

Gun. Only reason anyone knows about it is because it was one of the games that launched with the 360.snipeshot11

Really liked this game!

#25 Posted by DeanG642 (595 posts) -
!?!? That was my favourite game as a kid. I played a demo of it, and then spent like 4 years looking for it. When I found it, I was the happiest person ever....:D
#26 Posted by Hakud0ushi (7613 posts) -

I think Eternal Sonata is a good game that I really enjoyed, but few people seems to know about it.

Kaim91
Short. Easy. No challenging at all. It's an ok game at best.
#27 Posted by 3KindgomsRandy (15488 posts) -

Culdcept Saga is the only answer to this topic.

#28 Posted by money-gamerz (40 posts) -
Sega All-Stars
#29 Posted by OfficialBed (16843 posts) -

Earth defense force 2017

-clippa-
Definitely agree!
#30 Posted by dukebd699 (12054 posts) -
Best game ever....
#31 Posted by standarddamage (1143 posts) -

The Saboteur

retrogamer1

This x 100. Completely underappreciated game, and it had such a great WWII open-world feel.

#32 Posted by ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ (1987 posts) -

Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Lost Odyssey, and Eternal Sonata

bessy67

I hated star ocean: The last hope, it was a total let down in my opinon.

#33 Posted by ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ (1987 posts) -

the darkness

#34 Posted by -Water-Wings- (1093 posts) -

I dunno if everyone has heard of this game, but I know not a lot of people played it. Alone in the Dark for the 360.

#35 Posted by wado-karate (3831 posts) -

Metro 2033.

The gameplay and story may have been kind of weak, however the atmosphere was beyond incredible.

Brutal Legend.

The game tried to pull off an action/strategy type gameplay and did quite good for the most part(Besides the steep difficulty increase at the end). It also had great voice acting and dialogue. However it was hampered by a bad story and what seems like a tagged-on open world.

#36 Posted by DeanG642 (595 posts) -

Metro 2033.

The gameplay and story may have been kind of weak, however the atmosphere was beyond incredible.

Brutal Legend.

The game tried to pull off an action/strategy type gameplay and did quite good for the most part(Besides the steep difficulty increase at the end). It also had great voice acting and dialogue. However it was hampered by a bad story and what seems like a tagged-on open world.

wado-karate
Brutal Legend was quite big actually. Metro was pretty good in terms of atmosphere, but failed in every other way. The Bugs and mediocre story ruined it.
#37 Posted by spue (473 posts) -

deadly premenation

#38 Posted by quizee (601 posts) -
halo easily, when r people gonna start noticing this truly unique and never before done style of game!!!!!!
#39 Posted by RoOodriGowW (3309 posts) -

Chaos Legion , Grandia , Grandia 2 , Siren , Heavenly Sword...

#40 Posted by rgsniper1 (9350 posts) -

[QUOTE="uberpunage101"]I think that Overlord (Not Overlord 2) is a great game, but few know about it. BloodiedHalo

/agree... And I would have to submit Phantom Dust... Its actually my favorite game of all time!

As soon as I read the title I thought Phantom Dust as well. Good choice.

#41 Posted by fatooosh (718 posts) -

otogi 1&2

blue dragon

phantom dust

beyond good and evil

tenchu z

shadow hearts 1&2&3

summoner 1&2

star wars republic commando

tomba 1&2 more and more

#42 Posted by Logan1616 (3424 posts) -

The Saboteur

retrogamer1
this
#43 Posted by BLAS1AN (3452 posts) -

[QUOTE="-clippa-"]

Earth defense force 2017

OfficialBed

Definitely agree!

I totally agree. "The club" was actually a decent game when you play with 3 other friends

#44 Posted by GaryMcReviews (2 posts) -
What About Prototype? That wasn't really hyped until a while after release.
#45 Posted by DeanG642 (595 posts) -
Shadowrun? It had some of the best multiplayer available, yet not many people have heard of it...
#46 Posted by Blu_Falcon37 (4041 posts) -

Red Faction Guerrilla, easily one of the best games of 2009.

#47 Posted by DeanG642 (595 posts) -

Red Faction Guerrilla, easily one of the best games of 2009.

Blu_Falcon37
Great game, but it was quite well known. Plus, the online play was excellent.
#48 Posted by xx360shotsxx (155 posts) -
Shadowrun? It had some of the best multiplayer available, yet not many people have heard of it...DeanG642
yea shadowrun is definitely on the sleeper list although its a great online game