Best game to teach me how to drive in real life?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by slipknot0129 (5520 posts) -

I havent passed my driving test yet. Im wondering whats the best game on 360 that will teach me how to drive? Would the steering wheel thing help me alot?

#2 Posted by Kcdragon8116 (1300 posts) -
Real practice is the only thing that can help you. Driving in a video game is not good practice at all.
#3 Posted by _SOULtoSQUEEZE_ (1495 posts) -
Real practice is the only thing that can help you. Driving in a video game is not good practice at all. Kcdragon8116
what he said, but forza 2 with the microsoft steering wheel is as real as you're gonna get in a videogame.
#4 Posted by cthecoffee (1432 posts) -

ya there is no game thats gonna get you ready for the real thing

#5 Posted by seankane (4076 posts) -

Assuming you know how to press pedals with your feet and turn a wheel, there's not muchthat any video game will teach you.

Real-world driving is much more about the small little rules, the etiquette, staying aware of your surroundings, and having the general confidence of driving with other cars on the road. All that comes with time.

Just keep practicing. If after some years you decide that you like driving a lot, and want to go race your car on a track, THEN certain games will come in handy for preparation.

#6 Posted by munchlax99 (11536 posts) -

and i should play madden because i want to become a football star:P:P:P

:lol:

yea, you should practice with a real car and not a fake one!

#7 Posted by seankane (4076 posts) -

munchlax99

A game like Madden actually does teach you a whole lot about playing football.

The problem here is that there's no games that try and 'simulate' real-world, day-to-day driving.

#8 Posted by munchlax99 (11536 posts) -

[QUOTE="munchlax99"]

seankane

A game like Madden actually does teach you a whole lot about playing football.

The problem here is that there's no games that try and 'simulate' real-world, day-to-day driving.

i know i was just joking

#9 Posted by OfficialBed (16843 posts) -

I havent passed my driving test yet. Im wondering whats the best game on 360 that will teach me how to drive? Would the steering wheel thing help me alot?

slipknot0129

No game can teach you how to drive in real life. You need to practice in a real car.

#10 Posted by manocanada (405 posts) -

try gta 4 :)

#11 Posted by Hotwire246 (848 posts) -

manocanada
Totally. The REAL driving simulator.
#12 Posted by CNUrGames (1867 posts) -

manocanada
GTA taught me to call a cab instead of driving drunk... :lol:
#13 Posted by Slashfan10 (1242 posts) -

You could always get a free roaming game like midnight club la or something and use the wheel and try to drive around the streets following the rules of the road?

#14 Posted by mohfrontline (5678 posts) -
you have to practice in real life. video game driving isn't gonna help you pass the test dude.
#15 Posted by DPhunkT (1803 posts) -
Grand Turismo on PS2 helped me to get a good feel how to parallel park. But it is good to get some RL experience.