Best environment/ scenery in a video game

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by aliaslam (95 posts) -
ok so everyone talks about the best boss fights or guns in a video games. I just wanted to ask which games have the best environement and scenery in a video game. I personally thing Assassins Creed, Gears of War(1 & 2), BioShock, God of War(1&2), Rainbow Six vegas, Ghost Recon Warfighter, and eternal Sonata. wht games do you ppl think have the best environment and scenery.
#2 Posted by thedude78 (352 posts) -
Bioshock, Fallout 3, Oblivion, and Far Cry 2 all have awesome environments.
#3 Posted by adamus007 (852 posts) -
Fallout 3 is incredible! some other standouts are gears 1/2 and Force Unleashed
#4 Posted by True_Blu3 (2062 posts) -
Halo3. Man, those vistas...
#5 Posted by podliver (1765 posts) -
Far Cry 2 for sure
#6 Posted by thebaronmoo (246 posts) -
prince of persia, far cry 2 and fable II
#7 Posted by craigkelleigh (326 posts) -

I agree with Assassins Creed - I could never tire of getting to a view point and checking out the landscape.......

Bioshock, GoW (1 & 2) and Oblivion are also awesome - each has their own distinct style...

I also loved Mass Effect.....

#8 Posted by childe_roland (2542 posts) -
The Darkness as far as environmental atmosphere goes, Far Cry 2, God of War, Fallout 3, every Final Fantasy has always had pretty incredible environments.
#9 Posted by youmademyday (215 posts) -
assasins creed and far cry 2
#10 Posted by nickdastick (5286 posts) -
Yeah, I think AC, Gears 2, GRAW 2, and Pure have some great environments.
#11 Posted by SpeedsterSim (227 posts) -
Assassins Creed and the Force Unleashed.
#12 Posted by aliaslam (95 posts) -
ok i knw oblivion has some great environemnt, i hvant played far cry 2, and pure and fable so i cant say anything about them. another game that had some great environment was gta 4
#13 Posted by JohnnySN1P3R (1916 posts) -
Oblivion Fallout 3 Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (1 and 2)
#14 Posted by nickdastick (5286 posts) -

ok i knw oblivion has some great environemnt, i hvant played far cry 2, and pure and fable so i cant say anything about them. another game that had some great environment was gta 4aliaslam

I can't believe I forgot about GTA 4!!! That game is gorgeous and has some of the best scenery in a game!

#15 Posted by cooster14 (43 posts) -
Fable 2, especially the demon doors. But you can't beat Far Cry 2, with the how alive everything looks up close.
#16 Posted by tomtaraz (67 posts) -
farcry 2 and dead space
#17 Posted by kingcobrasoccer (1893 posts) -
i like the scenery of GTAIV reminds me of the city i grew up in
#18 Posted by GranmastaZoSo (257 posts) -
Assassins Creed is pretty unanimous then... ______ _____ ____ _____ ___ ___ ____ ___ __
#19 Posted by method115 (767 posts) -

I agree with Assassins Creed - I could never tire of getting to a view point and checking out the landscape.......

Bioshock, GoW (1 & 2) and Oblivion are also awesome - each has their own distinct style...

I also loved Mass Effect.....

craigkelleigh

I agree with assassins creed I almost regret selling it back because of that. I like just running around the towns and messing around. GOW 1 and 2 haev my vote also. Mass Effect had its moments as well.

#20 Posted by RoslindaleOne (7565 posts) -
Halo 3, Bioshock, Kameo, Eternal Sonata, Fable 2, and Dead Space.
#21 Posted by Ted_Bundy000 (347 posts) -
IMO Gears 2 during the HUGE sea monster fight was the most breath taking environment I had ever seen in a video game. If you look out past the water you can see how visually beautiful it is. It looked so epic on my sony 50" LCD.
#22 Posted by aliaslam (95 posts) -
i juss got a couple more games popped into my head. first of all dead rising had a reat place even tho it was just 1 gaigantic mall, the freedom that was given in that one place really was a great start up in a zombie genre. crackdown and saint row were another 2 good games that had some great environments that made the game rally enjoyable to explore. need for speed most wanted and test drive unlimited had some great no wait some beautfiul scenery in a racing game i have ever seen.
#23 Posted by yokofox33 (29199 posts) -
Fallout 3 is pretty memorable. The Wasteland is just eerie and conveys a lot of emptiness, both physically and emotionally. I would walk through the Wasteland and become uneasy, especially at night. Any environment which can convey such emotion should be recognized. It's my personal favorite in terms of scenery.
#24 Posted by impl0sion (851 posts) -
fallout 3, oblivion, far cry 2, and race driver GRID have great scenery.
#25 Posted by chrizmol (85 posts) -

Far Cry 2: African jungle

Bioshock: Rapture the city under the sea

#26 Posted by InsultToInjury_ (2219 posts) -
Bioshock - Rapture is the most magnificent place as far as I'm concerned in gaming to date.
#27 Posted by Jshoelace (425 posts) -
For me, my favourite environments are in the Half-Life series. Everything from the science labs, the train stations, apartments, beach fronts, cabins, mountains, toxic wasteland and of course the Citadel Core. But the one place that really stands out for me is the Grub Hole in episode 2. There are parts in that level that actually made me feel a bit ill, and it looks stunning, even by todays standards!
#28 Posted by p00phead (1203 posts) -
The wasteland in fallout 3
#29 Posted by fracot (1278 posts) -
Prince of Persia and Mass Effect.
#30 Posted by thatguy1990 (56 posts) -
far cry 2 and fallout 3
#31 Posted by COD4_Shinedown (5673 posts) -
Fallout 3, Assassins Creed and Far Cry 2.
#32 Posted by maxrulesyou (119 posts) -

Half-Life 2 and Prey have great enviroments. I kind of wish I hadn't sold Prey.

#33 Posted by Ballroompirate (22210 posts) -

Dead Space by a landslide

Followed up by Fallout 3,Shadow of the colossus (for its time),MGS4 (specially chapter 4 or whatever, I choked up) and RE1 for the gamecube had a nice setting/environment.

#34 Posted by yucky_straw (1225 posts) -
fallout 3 is one of the few games where i had to stop, look around, and just said 'wow'.
#35 Posted by alfredooo (2664 posts) -
halo 3
#36 Posted by kholdstare61 (944 posts) -
Im surprised not many people said GTA4 yet, New York City was done pretty well in that game.
#37 Posted by Djdiddles77 (618 posts) -
Just started it but Fallout 3 has great scenery! Both Gears, Fable is decent! I like Force Unleashed as well!
#38 Posted by sicknastysam (13 posts) -

I definitely agree with Assassin's Creed, Farcry 2, Dead Space, Fable II, Oblivion, and both Gears of War games. They all seem to have their jaw dropping atmospheres and enviroments yet these games are able to do it continuously through out the game and in their own unique way. I haven't played Bioshock or Fallout 3 yet so I can't give my opinion on those two..

#39 Posted by D3dr0_0 (3495 posts) -
The best scenery in a game has to go to Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion.
#40 Posted by iam2green (13991 posts) -
crysis has the best environment. i also think oblivion, still great looking.
#41 Posted by GOT_LEP (2 posts) -
Morrowind, not the best looking for it's time but, still had the tendency to draw you in with sound design and ambience.
#42 Posted by Louis-D (1867 posts) -

Oblivion had beautiful environment (I feel like I keep bringing this game up). The landscape combined with weather effects and music is just amazing.

I also liked Mass Effect. The environment did seem static, but it was still great to look at. More recent examples would be Fallout 3 and Fable 2. Albion looks fantastic at sunrise/sunset.

#43 Posted by Warrior427 (181 posts) -
Fall out 3 has some of the most graphic backgrounds and environments like when your first walk out into the capital waste land just awsome
#44 Posted by ace070590 (439 posts) -
Fallout 3 is amazing!!! Halo 3, artistically speaking, has great environments and scale. Gow2 is jaw dropping on every level. Metal Gear Solid 4 is spectacular too.
#45 Posted by justin22corona (66 posts) -
oblivion was great, there were times i would b walking and end up stopping and looking around or off a cliff over the water. gtaIV was really good for those kind of moments too
#46 Posted by xmen1414 (1948 posts) -
Halo3. Man, those vistas...True_Blu3
Ha ha ha ha!! :lol: yea right!!! Probably Oblivion, if we go off 360 i really like how STALKER looks!!
#47 Posted by El-Visitante (1137 posts) -
Definitely Assassin's Creed.
#48 Posted by nate_c-12 (3072 posts) -
Gears 2 hands down. In the Hollow, in the Palace, heck even when your riding the huge trucks.
#49 Posted by grafkhun (12827 posts) -
on 360... hmmm... let's see, I'd have to say Dead Space, some of the architecture in that game is just amazing.
#50 Posted by USSR_Hawk (112 posts) -

[QUOTE="nate_c-12"]Gears 2 hands down. In the Hollow, in the Palace, heck even when your riding the huge trucks.[/QUOTE ]

Gears kinda looks squared too me, to meh. for me gow doesn´t express any feeling the hollows, for example, are dull and empty. I would say, Fallout 3, Oblivion and the shivering isles, Prince of persia, Assassin's creed, far cry 2, eternal sonata indeed has a lot of richness in the enviroment, I like Final fantasy crystal chronicles folklor,