hendersonalex0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hendersonalex0
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

First, I would like to say: I am on the best internet available for my location, so no "Get a better connection durr" comments. Ok.

I won't bore you with calculations, so lets say i can use about 500MB per day. How many hours/day could I play games such as GTA 5, Battlefield 4, Forza 4, etc. online? I have heard that it can take 5-50 MB per hour, but that seems quite low, considering all the data that has to be transmitted all the time.

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

That doesn't seem low to me. We used to play Quake over a modem. It's downloading image data that eats up all the bandwidth but a game already has that stored on the local disk after the initial download.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Gaming uses very little bandwidth.

hendersonalex0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hendersonalex0
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Thanks. I guess I just overestimated the amount of data it would take.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

It's the patches and updates that will eat your bandwidth up. The xbox tells you how much bandwidth it's using in the settings. Depending on your settings your system will download updates/patches in the background which can eat up a lot of data. Also it seems like every game that's online requires some type of dayone patch, and if you don't download it you won't be able to play online.