This topic is locked from further discussion.

dirtautoguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dirtautoguy
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Hello, me and my wife are new to the forum and have some questions we hope someone can answer

1. we have a original white xbox 360 with a 20 GB hard drive. well 20 GB just isnt enough for what we need so we ordered a new 320 GB hard drive from amazon. however after we ordered it we keep reading about partition 2 and how apparently unless its a original HDD you cant play original xbox games on it. since a majority of the gaes we play are original xbox games thats kind of a problem. I have kept my xbox up to date up to about 2012 or 2013. so shouldnt it transfer to the new hard drive???

2. our other question is if we cannot get the new hard drive to play the original xbox games do they offer downloads at the market place for them and for what price? because we will have the room now, and we do plan on getting live back soon. plus we will have the room now.

Thanks for the help :)

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I purchased a non original 500 GB for my X360 slim, took it to a technician and he formated an downloaded everything the HDD needed to be compatible ( the downloads come straight from Xbox ), I purchased an original transfer cable form e-bay, plugged it to the console and to the HDD and transfered all the data from the original disc to the new one, removed the old one, inserted the new one, made the license transfer ( for the digital games stored in the HDD ) and that was pretty much it. If the HDD you purchased at Amazon says it's compatible the most probably it's already to use, all you need to do is to transfer the data from the old one to the new one.