Assassins Creed 2 vs Assassins Creed Brotherhood

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by DeX2010 (3991 posts) -

I was just wondering which one people prefer, I have to say I think Assassins Creed 2 is better than brotherhood in terms of Ezio's story, I really liked the gameplay in that, but I liked the expansion and development of Desmond + The teams characters in AC:B. AC:B story wise isn't really that good or convinicing for me. What do you think?

#2 Posted by rubber-chicken (2066 posts) -
I liked the second one more too, especially cause Brotherhood is more of the same but with some additions, and I found that the double blade system worked a lot better in AC2 that in Brotherhood for some reason.
#3 Posted by mikemd4eva (564 posts) -

AC 2 for me ....

#4 Posted by JnTam (267 posts) -

Did you forget about AC1? A lot of people seem to since they thought it was boring and they would just skip the first game and jump to the second one. But a lot of people don't notice how important AC1 was to the series. I loved Ac1's setting and Altair was and still is my favorite character.

I agree AC2's story was much better then the first, I just don't like it when people don't mention AC1:).

But back on topic. AC2 was by far better then AC:B. The setting of Rome bored me to death for some reason and it didn't feel like a full game to me at all. I was expecting so much out of it too:(.

#5 Posted by FaithfulBro (119 posts) -
I liked AC2 a little bit better. Not that AC:B is bad. Far from it, actually. But the whole idea of recruiting assassins is pointless. There was less stuff that you had to worry about in AC2, which made it more fun. Plus, you could go to Venice. Who doesn't want to do that?
#6 Posted by Drakebunny (3029 posts) -

AC1 > ACBH > AC2.

#7 Posted by DeX2010 (3991 posts) -
I liked AC2 but i was mainly talking about Ezio's story with AC2 and AC:B, But yes AC1 is a great game in its own right.

Did you forget about AC1? A lot of people seem to since they thought it was boring and they would just skip the first game and jump to the second one. But a lot of people don't notice how important AC1 was to the series. I loved Ac1's setting and Altair was and still is my favorite character.

I agree AC2's story was much better then the first, I just don't like it when people don't mention AC1:).

But back on topic. AC2 was by far better then AC:B. The setting of Rome bored me to death for some reason and it didn't feel like a full game to me at all. I was expecting so much out of it too:(.

JnTam
#8 Posted by AvatarMan96 (7321 posts) -

I actually prefer Brotherhood

#9 Posted by LightColor (2709 posts) -
off topic: AC1 is my absolute favorite single player game, EVER and out of all the AC games obviously, the setting, time period, the characters they all just tickled my fancy and i love it now back on topic, i like both AC2 and AC:B but i probably like AC:B more because they had a little more on desmond and his story + Ezio's own story and i love Rome lol
#10 Posted by JnTam (267 posts) -

off topic: AC1 is my absolute favorite single player game, EVER and out of all the AC games obviously, the setting, time period, the characters they all just tickled my fancy and i love it now back on topic, i like both AC2 and AC:B but i probably like AC:B more because they had a little more on desmond and his story + Ezio's own story and i love Rome lolLightColor

:)

#11 Posted by Ashley_wwe (13468 posts) -
I think that all three Assassin's Creed games are amazing :). But out of Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood, I would probably say II. Don't get me wrong, I love Brotherhood and it has some awesome new moves, missions and such, but Assassin's Creed II felt slightly better for some reason... the missions just seemed to drag you in more. Some examples would be at the very start of the game where you are running up to the top of a building in a race, it just felt fantastic. Also, that later mission where the fireworks were going off... that was beautiful. I think I also prefer the setting of Assassin's Creed II. I will say that I was disappointed with the lack of some memories that should have been in the actual game of the second one though. Another reason why I think I may have preferred the second game is because there was a 2 year wait and it was a great feeling to be back in the Assassin's Creed world, and a great one too. By the time I played Brotherhood, I must admit I did feel slightly worn out on the games, and felt that Brotherhood was released way too soon, so that probably took some of the magic away, to be honest. Assassin's Creed is a great series though overall and is one that should not be missed or passed up :).
#12 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6001 posts) -
I feel the need to weigh in here... In terms of believability, I'd give it to Assassin's Creed(at least until the ending sequence). In terms of the ancestors' stories, AC2 is still the king. In terms of the over-arching storyline, it's split between 2 and Brotherhood. In terms of sheer fun factor- sorry, folks, I gotta give it to Brotherhood. The Assassin signal idea was the single greatest idea I never would have thought to implement. As far as kickstarting the franchise, we have to pay our respects to Assassin's Creed, but if you've tried to play it since completing AC2, you'll realize that, while it is an important part of the franchise's history, it is a nearly-unplayable mess. (and I used to looooove that game).
#13 Posted by LightColor (2709 posts) -

As far as kickstarting the franchise, we have to pay our respects to Assassin's Creed, but if you've tried to play it since completing AC2, you'll realize that, while it is an important part of the franchise's history, it is a nearly-unplayable mess. (and I used to looooove that game).El_Zo1212o

i have played AC 1 after completeing AC2, and i still have an absolute blast with it, i could honestly spend an hour + a little more replaying the game, but of course i do feel a little limited yea when i try to pull of moves in AC2 in AC1 lol

#14 Posted by gta4_2112 (3267 posts) -

AC Brotherhood.

#15 Posted by CTR360 (6833 posts) -
AC BH>>AC2>>AC1 for me
#16 Posted by vashkey (33651 posts) -
I prefer the plot of Assassin''s Creed II but I like the more free roaming feel and over all gameplay of Brotherhood and the multiplayer. Assassin's Creed II felt a bit more fresh though, alot of the same graphical assets from Assassin's Creed II were reused in Brotherhood and theres the whole fact that it features the same characters and era as Assassin's Creed II. Overall though, I guess I like Brotherhood a little more. While it's not quite as original as Assassin's Creed II reusing the same setting and tech allowed Ubi to further polish that gameplay with Brotherhood, I guess.
#17 Posted by red-ray (880 posts) -
I think brotherhood is a better game but ac2 was a better assassins creed, and I have to say in my opinion both are inferior to first assassins creed, that was a masterpiece.
#18 Posted by l0ve (3173 posts) -
My favorite is the first AC, AC 2 was great but seemed childish to me in comparison to the first (definitely less bad ass). I just began playing AC BH so far its not that great though I loved how it started off right where AC 2 ended.