Assassin’s Creed: Unity - Framerate Is “Atrocious” :-(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

QuiCkz_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 QuiCkz_Ninja
Member since 2011 • 105 Posts

It's like Ubisoft just dumped this game in the market without optimizing or polishing it one bit. Hoping that in weeks after launch they are able to patch and fix.... :-(

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

It looks fine to me

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

AC Unity is rough.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

I hope they can patch the issues with the game, I was interested in getting it but the reviews and news about technical issues are putting me off somewhat.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I seriously don't understand how a game gets through QA testing without noticing these problems?!?! Maybe they just think that they can fix it through a patch later.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

@hrt_rulz01:

Or they think they can pass it off as is because it has "assassins creed" written on the box.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7  Edited By Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

I've not played it but I think there's something of a trend with Ubisoft games being poorly optimised. Partly to get games to meet yearly deadlines, partly because they are on multiple platforms (some of which are still new and having the development quirks worked out) and partly because they don't care all that much.

People often point to the PC version of Watch Dogs as an example of a watered-down game that is poorly optimised (or was at launch) but fail to note that the same criticisms are just as true of the PlayStation 4 version of the game. The PS4 may not be as powerful as a PC can be but it can still do a lot better than what Ubisoft is getting out of it, and anyone who has played some of the more impressive PS4 games can attest to that.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@SolidTy said:

AC Unity is rough.

it's a bit rough aint it aint it

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Well it's Ubisoft so they probably put the whole team on microtransactions to get that working for release. Up next will be tons of DLC. Then maybe they'll work on the framerate. This company would have to buy a franchise I absolutely can't live without before I'd go anywhere near their games.

QuiCkz_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By QuiCkz_Ninja
Member since 2011 • 105 Posts

Ubisoft updates us on the next update of Assassin's Creed: Unity

Ubisoft takes to inform users via blog , that Assassin's Creed: Unity will receive shortly a patch that will fix a number of issues notes developers. This will fix some bugs and glitches in the game Arno which "falls" through the geometry of the game world, sporadic crash when it joins co-op games and rather slow loading of boot-time menu of the game.

In addition, technical issues-graphics, developers are working to investigate problems with frame-rate, collisions, and credits cooperative matchmaking Helix, which should also be fixed in a future patch.

Ubisoft reports that in the next few days will provide further details on the new bugfix.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#11 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I dunno... maybe if they had just focused on Unity instead of doing Rogue as well, they'd have enough manpower to finish the game.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#12  Edited By MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

So far, the only place I've hit really bad stuttering framerate is in the cathedral when you're jumping around the chandeliers. Other than that, some framerate hiccups, but not too bad. I'm having a blast with Unity.