Are you into horror games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JJMarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JJMarley
Member since 2015 • 162 Posts

I was never able to get into horror games. I just couldn't do it. Don't have the balls for the suspense. The only game I played which was not scary at all was Resident Evil 5 on 360.. Tried to play the Silent Hill teaser on the PS4. Closed that app quick! Lol. Were there any horror games you couldn't finish because it was too scary? lol

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

No not really... They just aren't my thing.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Well, at least your honest. Can't stand people who play on small TV, sound down, in daytime, no surround sound or headphones, play while party chatting, play with music in background, play with other people around, then they have the nerve to say "game sucked, wasn't scary, durrr".

There's one right way to play horror, and that's to play it in dark, surround sound or headphones cranked, in dark, alone, late at night, lights off, no distractions (no friends on party chat, no background music, no movie playing on your laptop or whatever). Totally immerse yourself.

I don't think there's a horror game that was every too scary to finish, however after beating the first Fatal Frame, I was originally planning on playing the trilogy of games back to back, but after the first I was like "no way, it'll be a long while before I have the guts to play another right away".

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I enjoy good horror games, and I agree with @lamprey263 I can't stand people like that. The latest horror game I played and legitimately got scared was Outlast - playing all alone at night, with headphones on and the lights turned off of course.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@lamprey263: yeah I agree, I played amnesia and penumbra in dark room alone late at night with headphones on at full volume.

One of the reasons I rate those games so highly

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I don't know.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56089 Posts

The last great Horror game I play was the first Dead Space and Dead Space 2 wasn't scary but it did had it's moments of scare jumps. Beyond that, the first Dead Space was a good horror game.