Are there any turtle beach headsets that work with an HDMI cord?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Supaman222 (257 posts) -

I have the turtlebeach X31s but they don't work with HDMI which is how I roll.

#2 Posted by rawr_xd (790 posts) -

You'll just have to roll differently my dude. Sorry, but composite only for turtle beach.

#3 Posted by Mythomniac (1695 posts) -
Yes, there us a way, buy the $50 thinner MS cables which allow AV and hdmi at once... Or Youtube "Xbox 360 Hdmi hack" it's a life saver and I used it when I got my turtle beach x31's.... I would post the link but I am on my iPod.
#4 Posted by bleedingsouls (250 posts) -

could you just use audio out on your tv though?

#5 Posted by BaconB1ts123 (1294 posts) -

bleedingsouls
Yeah, some tv's have a optical through port I think. taking off the cover of the old cable so I can hook them both in is how I do it. HDMI to the tv and optical to the xbox from the old cable with cover removed. Bit of a drag to have the old cable cluttering up the area but oh well.
#6 Posted by bleedingsouls (250 posts) -

[QUOTE="bleedingsouls"]

BaconB1ts123

Yeah, some tv's have a optical through port I think. taking off the cover of the old cable so I can hook them both in is how I do it. HDMI to the tv and optical to the xbox from the old cable with cover removed. Bit of a drag to have the old cable cluttering up the area but oh well.

S

Just to be clear cause this would be the deal breaker on me getting the 360 S...

I can have HDMI and use the Componet (Red and White) audio out on my tv with the HDMI correct?

I don't see why this wouldn't work.

#7 Posted by spyd3r108 (194 posts) -

Yes, there us a way, buy the $50 thinner MS cables which allow AV and hdmi at once... Or Youtube "Xbox 360 Hdmi hack" it's a life saver and I used it when I got my turtle beach x31's.... I would post the link but I am on my iPod.Mythomniac

yeah this is what id did - all you gotta do is crack open the empty plastic casing covering the composite connector so you can fit the HDMI AND the Composite in at the same time - its awsome

#8 Posted by Mythomniac (1695 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mythomniac"]Yes, there us a way, buy the $50 thinner MS cables which allow AV and hdmi at once... Or Youtube "Xbox 360 Hdmi hack" it's a life saver and I used it when I got my turtle beach x31's.... I would post the link but I am on my iPod.spyd3r108

yeah this is what id did - all you gotta do is crack open the empty plastic casing covering the composite connector so you can fit the HDMI AND the Composite in at the same time - its awsome

Yeah TC, do what this guy and I did, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FptCB_3DOz4 It works well, the Turtle Beach Tech Guy is the one who told me to do it when I called them, thats when I realized they have decent Tech Support.
#9 Posted by Supaman222 (257 posts) -

So if i put both the av and hdmi in, will the xbox run both audio an video out through both ports but i only plug the hdmi into my tv?

#10 Posted by BaconB1ts123 (1294 posts) -

So if i put both the av and hdmi in, will the xbox run both audio an video out through both ports but i only plug the hdmi into my tv?

Supaman222
The audio will go through both but the video will only go through the HDMI by default. When you unplug the HDMI at either end it will switch to the other video. I did this when I wanted to switch between my HDMI monitor and my hd tv.
#11 Posted by codezer0 (15898 posts) -
Why not the digital audio out into the headsets? I thought turtle beach's xbox headsets supported 5.1 sound, and thus used that.
#12 Posted by BaconB1ts123 (1294 posts) -
Why not the digital audio out into the headsets? I thought turtle beach's xbox headsets supported 5.1 sound, and thus used that.codezer0
To get the optical to the headset you need to have the optical dongle on the xbox. If you use the HDMI (which doesn't have the dongle) you cant hook the other cable up without hacking it or getting the new slimmer one because the old one does not physicaly fit at the same time as the HDMI.
#13 Posted by x-2tha-z (8899 posts) -
I use HDMI with my X41's. Might be because I've got the official MS HDMI cable. Some HDMI cables have got fat plastic above the connection that I suppose could block the AV port.
#14 Posted by BaconB1ts123 (1294 posts) -
I use HDMI with my X41's. Might be because I've got the official MS HDMI cable. Some HDMI cables have got fat plastic above the connection that I suppose could block the AV port.x-2tha-z
It is the AV port that blocks the HDMI port. maybe you have the slimmer av connection?
#15 Posted by p0werz (36 posts) -

The HDMI cable from Microsoft comes bundled with an adapter for Red/White Audio out. The audio adapter and HDMI cable work without any need for modifications too the cables. They fit perfect.

Confirmed to fit/work with 360 S >> Source: ME :D

Alot of people buy the micrsoft HDMI cable and end up selling the audio adapter on ebay for as little as 1$..... im serious... lol

#16 Posted by BaconB1ts123 (1294 posts) -

The HDMI cable from Microsoft comes bundled with an adapter for Red/White Audio out. The audio adapter and HDMI cable work without any need for modifications too the cables. They fit perfect.

Confirmed to fit/work with 360 S >> Source: ME :D

Alot of people buy the micrsoft HDMI cable and end up selling the audio adapter on ebay for as little as 1$..... im serious... lol

p0werz

Does the audio adapter have optical or just the red white? The Turtle beaches support the red white but if you want 5.1 you need the optical.

#17 Posted by codezer0 (15898 posts) -

Does the audio adapter have optical or just the red white? The Turtle beaches support the red white but if you want 5.1 you need the optical.

BaconB1ts123
Yea, the breakout box in the MIcrosoft HDMI pack has the optical audio out. It's just nicer now with the 360 S, having that optical port right on the back of the system (at least from what the images show), which will eventually make the box obsolete (thank god :roll: :lol: ).
#18 Posted by Xeogua (1542 posts) -

I really have no idea whats being said here, but I do have a question about Turtle Beach headsets. Are there any that are wired, every one of them I look at is wireless and I actually prefer to have everything wired so I don't have to worry about batteries.

#19 Posted by BaconB1ts123 (1294 posts) -

I really have no idea whats being said here, but I do have a question about Turtle Beach headsets. Are there any that are wired, every one of them I look at is wireless and I actually prefer to have everything wired so I don't have to worry about batteries.

Xeogua
All the ones less than X3 are wired (ie, x1s)
#20 Posted by jagsnum1 (1 posts) -
it may be too late for this, but if your problem is the plastic tab covering the hdmi port then you just need to slice off the tab. 'they're' not gonna tell you to do something like that but my husband took a steak knife and sliced it off and plugged his turtle beach headset in and has no problem. no need to buy another cord.
#21 Posted by MR96 (44 posts) -
Dude, just take off the case of the SD input thing and put the optic cord in but don't put the cords into the TV then just put the HDMI in underneath (it will fit with the case off but be careful when take the case off) and it will work.