Are the Xbox one's really as good as they say they are?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tague33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By tague33
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I hear from Microsoft that the Xbox one is supposed to be the best system ever like being all in one entertainment center with TV and games and movies and all you want on your TV. Yet all i hear is broken this and glitch that i understand there are so many defected Xbox one's that they are now giving out free games why is this?

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#2 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Poorly implemented but it delivers.

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#3 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1583 Posts

@tague33 said:

I hear from Microsoft that the Xbox one is supposed to be the best system ever like being all in one entertainment center with TV and games and movies and all you want on your TV. Yet all i hear is broken this and glitch that i understand there are so many defected Xbox one's that they are now giving out free games why is this?

Don't believe in everything you hear, best system ever, lol, no. It's just a simple upgrade over the 360. When it comes to being Broken, bugged and contains other problems, new consoles will have problems and tend to be fixed or corrected later on. Microsoft are well known for it's problems, many of my friends had to either replace or buy a new 360 more than once or more due to it being a faulty design. But the more you add in to a console, the more problems you will get. When it comes to giving free games, it's a method of trying to keep you're customers, MS will do anything to regain or keep it's customers after it's epic fail at E3 and the reveal in May. I hear that not everyone is impressed with the X1 while so many are impressed with the PS4, but like i said above, don't believe everything people say. Go for the console you like, play it, love it, enjoy it and hope it doesn't break down. If you're X1 breaks down, think of the bright side, you get a free game lol

drewschebag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By drewschebag
Member since 2013 • 40 Posts

I've had no issues. They've delivered. Most negative talk on the internet comes from trolls or a small number of console with issues, something that happens at launch. If you're on the fence about it now, your best bet is to wait a 6months to a year. If you have expendable income, then there's no harm in taking the chance on it, you'll probably love it.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

I freaking love this thing so far, even moreso since my Killer Instinct TE fightstick finally came in. It's a really neat, very convenient system.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I've had zero issues with my machine so far...and I mean zero. Played non-stop in the weekend, and the machine did not even freeze once. The OS is very stable and one time I just opened and app and it crashed....it just brings you back to the dashboard....and you just open it again.....it's a 10 second operation basically....my 360 would freeze at least once a week, seems like those days are over now.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Alucard_Prime

@Randolph said:

I freaking love this thing so far, even moreso since my Killer Instinct TE fightstick finally came in. It's a really neat, very convenient system.

You're so lucky . the pre-orders are now closed for the arcade stick, it's impossible to find....why did I wait so long damn it.....I didn't want to order it before playing KI for a bit.,...and it is an incredible fighting game, so now I want to buy the stick lol.... I hope they get more in stock soon.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

@Randolph said:

You're so lucky . the pre-orders are now closed for the arcade stick, it's impossible to find....why did I wait so long damn it.....I didn't want to order it before playing KI for a bit.,...and it is an incredible fighting game, so now I want to buy the stick lol.... I hope they get more in stock soon.

It's the only way to play the game for me, now. I became spoiled by it instantly. It is so worth the $200 tag on it.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Alucard_Prime

@Randolph said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

@Randolph said:

It's the only way to play the game for me, now. I became spoiled by it instantly. It is so worth the $200 tag on it.

Absolutely, I played SSF4 and SfxT with my TE stick on the 360, there is no going back for me either. KI is a little more controller-user-friendly, and I have a lot to learn still.... but later if want to step up my game I will need this arcade stick.

Avatar image for SirSlimyScrotum
SirSlimyScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 SirSlimyScott
Member since 2013 • 275 Posts

@drewschebag: So, the people that are pissed about the 720p issue are trolls?

bumsonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11 bumsonfire
Member since 2013 • 250 Posts

@Gaming-Planet: Poorly implemented? No way! Everything on it is perfect, especially the exclusives. We complained about what they had to offer, and they changed it, just for us. They actually listen.

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

Never take too seriously what's being written on the internet, there's no real credibility to anything anymore. You should always go by what you personally see and observe. And for me, the Xbox One has been great. Been playing the heck out of Forza 5 and Battlefield 4, and it's so convenient to also use it to watch TV, listen to music, buy TV shows, etc.

I'm loving mine

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

I've had zero issues with my machine so far...and I mean zero. Played non-stop in the weekend, and the machine did not even freeze once. The OS is very stable and one time I just opened and app and it crashed....it just brings you back to the dashboard....and you just open it again.....it's a 10 second operation basically....my 360 would freeze at least once a week, seems like those days are over now.

Cool I'm glad ur enjoying the xbox I have to wait a few more weeks to play mine.

drewschebag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By drewschebag

@SirSlimyScrotum: if resolution is your driving factor in gaming, then I suggest you build a PC. BUT the 720p issue is a software issue, not a hardware issue since several games run at 1080p/60fps on the Xbox One.

Avatar image for SirSlimyScrotum
SirSlimyScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 SirSlimyScott
Member since 2013 • 275 Posts

@drewschebag: The thing is, Microsoft's platform has never really had that great of a selection of games, and when it can't run CoD at 1080p and 60FPS I'm starting to get a little worried.

drewschebag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 drewschebag

@SirSlimyScrotum: Xbox has had a great selection of games. Go back under your bridge troll.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sukraj

@SirSlimyScrotum said:

@drewschebag: The thing is, Microsoft's platform has never really had that great of a selection of games, and when it can't run CoD at 1080p and 60FPS I'm starting to get a little worried.

wot r u on drugs there r tons of amazing games for the system.

Smallville0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Smallville0608
Member since 2013 • 87 Posts

Excited about it, probably wait until early next year to pick one up though, just to make sure most, or all of the kinks are worked out, and to make sure nothing big is an issue.

Robbo2411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Robbo2411
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Does anyone know wether I could purchase one in the U.S this weekend and bring it back to the U.K, will it still be playable?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Really happy with my purchase thus far and I currently own Killer Instinct (bought the full game after playing a bit of the free version). Fifa 14 which I got for free with my Xbox One Day One Edition (still have to download it) and Dead Rising 3. The system is so quiet I can hardly hear it and the Kinect surprised me I love using the voice-commands.

At the end of the day are you missing out by waiting before you buy one? No. I wouldn't go as far as to say omg you need one right now! But if you can than why the hell not.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Well the fact that Xbox One is made in China reiterates these bugs. Probably wouldn't have had so many bugs if manufactured in America. Forza 5 looks good but not as good as I was expecting to be honest. But Xbox One currently has better games than PS4.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Yes it is very good, mine has not crashed, never glitched out of a game, no problems at all. Voice commands are great, kinect use in Rivals is great and works to the point where I can win every race. Games are great for a launch window. It's an all round great system.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

I'm loving the system so far.

@sukraj said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

Cool I'm glad ur enjoying the xbox I have to wait a few more weeks to play mine.

Why?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sukraj

@RoslindaleOne said:

@sukraj said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

Why?

My wife bought it for me for Christmas.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

@sukraj said:

@RoslindaleOne said:

@sukraj said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

Why?

My wife bought it for me for Christmas.

Nice!

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

Great system, no problems here!