Are the Halo Reach map packs worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -

So yeah, I've recently started getting into Halo Reach's multiplayer (call me late, but it still seems very active) and it pesters me that I'm apparently missing some recommended DLC. I was wondering if it was actually worth it. I find matches no problem, but are the new maps any good or played often?

Thanks.

#2 Posted by Blueresident87 (5339 posts) -

I don't think so. I don't know that they ever were.

#3 Posted by Explosive_Bagel (156 posts) -

So yeah, I've recently started getting into Halo Reach's multiplayer (call me late, but it still seems very active)

meconate
Don't worry, I still play too.
#4 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27846 posts) -
I would say the Noble and Defiant map packs are. I liked the new additions they had.
#5 Posted by Saedius_Asicion (72 posts) -

I don't think any Halo map packs have ever been worth full price. They are often on sale, so I would definitely try and wait.

#6 Posted by WinsteadVolve (391 posts) -

I would say Noble is the only one worth the points.

#7 Posted by vashkey (33750 posts) -
I don't recommend getting them unless you expect to play a lot of Halo: Reach. And even then I think ten dollars for three maps is asking a lot. I got all the dlc and ultimately I didn't play with them too much since all of it was relegated to dlc playlists. You can play them in regular playlists too, provided everyone playing also has them, but this late in the games life I find that highly doubtful. Especially since the maps haven't gone down in price at all.
#8 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -
Ah, I see. Well if they come down in price or on sale, whatever, then I'll consider it. For now, I'll look into Halo 4. Still haven't got around to playing it.
#9 Posted by Blueresident87 (5339 posts) -

Ah, I see. Well if they come down in price or on sale, whatever, then I'll consider it. For now, I'll look into Halo 4. Still haven't got around to playing it.meconate

That would be a wise decision I think, Halo 4 has better mp than Reach.