This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by bowchicka07 (1073 posts) -

I'm currently playing Shoot Many Robots and Guardians of Middle-Earth. I'm enjoying them both quite a bit and came to the realization that I'm probably missing out on other good arcade games as well considering how I just recently started with arcade games. Any Arcade recommendations? I'm mostly into shooters, rpgs, hack&slash, MOBAs.

#2 Posted by jasean79 (2359 posts) -

Don't know if it's still available, but Aegis Wing was a fun little shooter when it debuted (for free) a few years back. And it's co-op too, which definitely gives it some replay value.

Certainly, Lumines Live! is my all-time favorite XBLA game. Don't know if puzzles are your cup of tea, but I've played the heck out of this game in the 5 years I owned it.

#3 Edited by demian742 (15 posts) -

Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition is an amazing game.It doesn't have all the thing from the PC edition, but can still be a fun game.Its a FPS sandbox game.

#4 Edited by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -

A couple of arcade games that are good are Mars War Logs and The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead game,

#5 Posted by Yoshi9000 (387 posts) -

Haven't played it myself but I've heard Shadow Complex is a fun 2D shooter, reminiscent of the old Metroid games.

#6 Posted by doubalfa (6808 posts) -

Shadow complez, Limbo, Splosion Man, Trials Evolution, From Dust, Battleblock theatre, Far Cry Blood dragon, Call of Juarez Gunslinger, Monday Night Combat (which is a mix of MOBA and FPS)

#7 Posted by gearsofhalogeek (1020 posts) -

shadow complex is great, castlevania symphony of the night, minecraft, puzzle fighter hd, castle crashers, any magic the gathering game.

#8 Posted by bowchicka07 (1073 posts) -

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll have to check them out... the ones that caught my eye were The Wolf Among US, Monday Night Combat, shadow complex and the walking dead.

#9 Posted by doubalfa (6808 posts) -

@bowchicka07: the good thing is that you can try them, before you purchase them!

#10 Posted by ScandinavianQ (11 posts) -

Shadow complex and the Tomb raider game that is free right now

#11 Edited by bowchicka07 (1073 posts) -

Just an update. I've downloaded Serious Sam and Lara Croft GoL. Both seem really fun so far.

#12 Edited by bowchicka07 (1073 posts) -

The Lara Croft game is a blast! even funner with a friend.

#13 Posted by Alucard_Prime (2743 posts) -

I recommend you try out a neat Sega game called Renegades....one of my xbla favorites.

#14 Posted by immortality20 (7957 posts) -

Couple under-appreciated games are Cloudberry Kingdom, Runner 2: Bit Rip the Legend Continues (something like that) and Outland. There's tons of great games to find on XBLA, hopefully this will continue into the next generation.

#15 Edited by donlogan999 (22 posts) -
#16 Posted by nightshiftguy (1 posts) -

Pinball FX 2 Lots of tables lots of fun

#17 Edited by donlogan999 (22 posts) -
#18 Posted by musicXpirate (3040 posts) -

Some of my favorites are Castle Crashers, Turtles In Time, Trials, Shadow Complex, Braid, Super Meat Boy.