Anyone not rent 360 games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cyrax453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cyrax453
Member since 2004 • 1666 Posts
In a way I almost refuse to rent games because I dont want the failed achievements permanetly on my gamertag. I know that Im very busy during the week and wouldnt have time to try to get achievements on rented games. So basically everything on my gamertag is something I once owned or still own. Still annoys me trial versions of arcade games leave you with 0 out of whatever number of achievements and you cant do anything about it.
scotty992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 scotty992
Member since 2005 • 2388 Posts
Same with me.
booomer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 booomer69
Member since 2005 • 4107 Posts
Sorry but what is the point of this thread:|Your saying you dislike renting games and you dont like trial versions of arcade games cause it leaves you 0 points..What are you trying to say:?
cyrax453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cyrax453
Just seeing if anyone is the same way sort of thing.
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
Just seeing if anyone is the same way sort of thing. cyrax453
thats kind of stupid though so if you really want to try a arcade game you wont download it cause it will say 0 gamerpoints. thats a waste of your money getting a xbox 360
Demark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Demark
Member since 2004 • 82 Posts
dude seriously why does it matter... so you dont rent games because of achievements? i mean i rememer a time not so long ago when people played games for fun, not to get points so they could show off how many games they've played. rent a game if you want to play it, who cares about some achievement bs and what does it really get you
Esoteric4x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Esoteric4x
Member since 2002 • 163 Posts
I'm sorry but that's one of the dumbest things i've ever heard. Honestly Who cares!!
cyrax453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cyrax453
One bad experience with this douchebag kid: One of my first games online in GoW I hear in the lobby "eww you have no achievements for this game" as if I sucked because I hadnt had online achievemtsn ,only single player.
Demark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Demark
Member since 2004 • 82 Posts
yeah im with panameng and raylewisnfl52, you have a 360 to play games and have fun playing them, not to get some stupid points... get over yourself dude
cyrax453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cyrax453
You guys are misunderstanding me, I dont care about points if I did I would actually RENT games to get quote on quote "easy points" as I see people ask. I avoid renting because douchebags will comment on you not having achievement points for that certain game or whatever, maybe its never happened to you guys.
Army_Veteran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Army_Veteran
Member since 2006 • 1201 Posts

You guys are misunderstanding me, I dont care about points if I did I would actually RENT games to get quote on quote "easy points" as I see people ask. I avoid renting because douchebags will comment on you not having achievement points for that certain game or whatever, maybe its never happened to you guys.cyrax453

Well I have to disagree with the renting games statement. I rent games because I got tired of paying so much for a game that last only 10 or so hours, and then if you want to trade games in, you will not get anything for them. So I signed up fro gamefly. I get to keep the games as long as I want and send them back and get another one. Average of maybe 3 to 4 games a month, depending on the game. As I am also busy during the week. so I am paying about 24 bucks a month, in which I would pay more than 180 and get about 90 bucks in trade in for the same amount of game play fun. About the achivements, I only go agianst my good ol Army buddy freind. Other than that I dont care. I did sign up for the challange though so maybe I could get Contra for my freind. But this is just my opinion though.

RENE2315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RENE2315
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts
dont like renting games for the 360 because they all have marks i always get disc error when playing the game
hueypnewton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hueypnewton
Member since 2004 • 133 Posts
I am an adult. I play games only when i'm bored, sort of an relaxation from real life drama. Gamer points are pointless to me. They would never alter any of my decision making as far as gaming is concerned.
Sup11722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sup11722
Member since 2005 • 1757 Posts
sorry man no offense 360 shouldnt be the center of your life hoo cares about ur gamers tag as long as ur having fun
Flaming_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Flaming_Ape
Member since 2007 • 3246 Posts
So you're saying your concerned with total gamerscore completion percentage? That matters somewhat to me but not as much... But anyway I'll rent a few games from time to time but I try to get as much gamerscore from them as possible before I have to turn them back (I was able to get 585 total gamerscore from NBA 2K7 before it was due and turned it back)
tumulisy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tumulisy
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts
ive never rented a game and i dont plan to i just download demos or watch videos
JoshChambers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 JoshChambers
Member since 2004 • 1646 Posts

two words...game fly

keep them as long as you want and call it a day. You dont have to worry about how busy you are. You play when you want and you get as many acheviements as you can.

ReaperXxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 ReaperXxxx
Member since 2006 • 1713 Posts
In a way I almost refuse to rent games because I dont want the failed achievements permanetly on my gamertag. I know that Im very busy during the week and wouldnt have time to try to get achievements on rented games. So basically everything on my gamertag is something I once owned or still own. Still annoys me trial versions of arcade games leave you with 0 out of whatever number of achievements and you cant do anything about it. cyrax453
I rent games through Games n Flix. I could care less about the achievements. I don't even have close to 1000 points for any game that I own, although I largely view any single player mode as a waste of good online time so that's probably why.
XlpranksterlX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 XlpranksterlX
Member since 2005 • 7438 Posts
I'm that way too.
nic0008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nic0008
Member since 2006 • 250 Posts
Never rented a game, I do buy ex-rentals. I think they're like $5.00 for one night so it kinda sucks. (From Australia and that's what my local Blockbuster charges)
RoadieRunnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RoadieRunnin
Member since 2006 • 259 Posts
Well I'm not gonna shell out $60 for a game--I'll rent it and if I like it enough I'll go out and buy it.
Army_Veteran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Army_Veteran

Never rented a game, I do buy ex-rentals. I think they're like $5.00 for one night so it kinda sucks. (From Australia and that's what my local Blockbuster charges)nic0008

They don't have an online rental plan where you pay a monthly fee and keep it as long as you like?

Also I loved my time when I went to Australia back in 2000, I like the wemen there!

yungboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 yungboi
Member since 2003 • 1466 Posts
i dont rent any games. My Blockbusters is garbage, n i didn't like gamefly.
Army_Veteran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Army_Veteran

i dont rent any games. My Blockbusters is garbage, n i didn't like gamefly.yungboi

Why did you not liek Game Fly?