anybody having trouble installing games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by fracot (1278 posts) -
I havn't had any trouble until now when I tried to install too human...i just bought it and when it gets to 62% it brings up an error message and says that the disc is scrated or unclean, but it isn't it's perfect...anyone else had any troubles?
#2 Posted by IrishBrew (82 posts) -
First I heard of this... Is there a Error Code?
#3 Posted by fracot (1278 posts) -
no, just says that it may be scratched or unclean...
#4 Posted by IrishBrew (82 posts) -
I wonder if your disc drive is faulting out on you.
#5 Posted by raylewisnfl52 (7146 posts) -
I wonder if your disc drive is faulting out on you.IrishBrew
maybe its just scratched or durty
#6 Posted by fracot (1278 posts) -

but it isn't it's absolutely perfect...

#7 Posted by C_BozkurT_C (3580 posts) -

but it isn't it's absolutely perfect...

fracot
is it the first game you've tried to install?
#8 Posted by fracot (1278 posts) -
no, I have installed many others...I havn't actually played the game yet, do you have to play it first :-p
#9 Posted by fracot (1278 posts) -
I just played it and got an update and tried it againa nd it still didn't work :(
#10 Posted by fracot (1278 posts) -
sorry for all the posts but I just realised that there is a massive black ring on the inner circle of the disk! that's probably why -.- ... do you think I should just not install it and play it and if there is a problem send it back, or should I just send it back?
#11 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
you sure it aint skrect right in that one spot? like any game if they skrected in the right spot its over for something i had a halo 3 and it got skrected just right in the spot where i couldnt play the sigle player anymore then my oblivion ever time i went through a gate of oblivion froze didnt matter which one or a new save file
#12 Posted by juanantonio1 (67 posts) -
I also bought fable 2 a couple days ago and when i try to copy it to the hard drive it fails at around 60%. My disc barely even has any scratches.
#13 Posted by OfficialBed (16833 posts) -
i haven't had any problems
#14 Posted by charalambosnik (108 posts) -
I havn't had any trouble until now when I tried to install too human...i just bought it and when it gets to 62% it brings up an error message and says that the disc is scrated or unclean, but it isn't it's perfect...anyone else had any troubles?fracot
The exact same thing happened to my fourth disc of lost odyssey.The disc was perfect,it was the first time i've put it in my console.After numerous attempts i exchanged the game.When i get back i'll let you know.
#15 Posted by fracot (1278 posts) -
[QUOTE="fracot"]I havn't had any trouble until now when I tried to install too human...i just bought it and when it gets to 62% it brings up an error message and says that the disc is scrated or unclean, but it isn't it's perfect...anyone else had any troubles?charalambosnik
The exact same thing happened to my fourth disc of lost odyssey.The disc was perfect,it was the first time i've put it in my console.After numerous attempts i exchanged the game.When i get back i'll let you know.

I sent mine back aswell, I'll be getting a new copy soon, I'm pretty sure it was because of the black ring on it...it was like a stain.
#16 Posted by charalambosnik (108 posts) -
[QUOTE="charalambosnik"][QUOTE="fracot"]I havn't had any trouble until now when I tried to install too human...i just bought it and when it gets to 62% it brings up an error message and says that the disc is scrated or unclean, but it isn't it's perfect...anyone else had any troubles?fracot

I sent mine back aswell, I'll be getting a new copy soon, I'm pretty sure it was because of the black ring on it...it was like a stain.

The stain was in my disk too.