Any hardware problems or issues in general?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for destroyerman455
destroyerman455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By destroyerman455
Member since 2005 • 77 Posts

I may be getting an X1 for Christmas and I was wondering if there is anything I should be aware of in terms of console issues?

I'm hoping there aren't many since I haven't heard much about them, but its better to be informed than not informed at all.

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

the only thing I am aware of is that a very small amount have grinding disc drives. Mine works perfectly. I am pretty happy with how quiet the system is compared to the 360!

Avatar image for Undue_Influence
Undue_Influence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Undue_Influence
Member since 2011 • 72 Posts

One issue I have been having is the system does not always recognise a disc when I put it in. It may just do nothing with it and the home screen says insert disc, or it will come up and tell me to insert a DVD or an XBone game. It is pretty frustrating but nothing harmful yet.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

I didn't experience any issues with the disc drive but my hard drive is constantly making a buzzing noise. It's only noticeable when the volume is really low. The console runs very cool and quiet other than that. The fan barely blows so it's worth a damn but I guess for now it doesn't have to run high. Definitely cooler than 360. The system is easy to set up but it's very very slow. ALTHOUGH the controller is fantastic. The disc drive is actually very silent. Couldn't really hear it when it was installing.

xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts

Havent heard of any widespread problems,the system is solid so far.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I had my tv not show up though the xbox. I had to reset tv settings and it worked again. Not sure what happened to it

xxmavr1kxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By xxmavr1kxx
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

I had the system since launch. The only thing negative that happened to me with the system is if my dvr is bogged down, I will get a black screen. It stays up for a minute or two but goes away. It happened twice. I think it's more related to my dvr, sometimes it lags real bad. It has been doing that since I got it 2 years ago, so I don't think it's an xbox problem.