Any benefit to plugging my Xbox 360 into my Xbox One?

#1 Posted by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -

Are there any benefits at all to plugging in my Xbox 360 into my Xbox One? Like does it make the Xbox 360 graphics look better, or is just using the Xbox One as an addition hdmi input the only benefit?

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (29490 posts) -

No real benefits.

#3 Edited by BattleSpectre (5963 posts) -

The only benefit would be being able to switch between your Xbox One and your Xbox 360 games simultaneously. However the downside would be having your Xbox 360 plugged into the Xbox One will create some input lag whilst doing so, which will make FPS games and driving around in games like GTA a pretty big nuisance. Graphics will not look better and in fact they will look slightly downgraded, so the benefit of doing so is very small.

#4 Edited by SolidTy (42429 posts) -

@ghstbstr said:

Are there any benefits at all to plugging in my Xbox 360 into my Xbox One? Like does it make the Xbox 360 graphics look better, or is just using the Xbox One as an addition hdmi input the only benefit?

Actually, the resolution is decreased in whatever you plug into the Xbone and you needlessly power on two machines to play one set of games.

There is no reason to turn on your 360 and Xbone to play 360 games if you want to preserve your new Xbone hardware. Why wear out the nice new machine?

But no, the process doesn't make the 360 graphics look better, it makes it look worse and you get the benefit of extra lag. No reason to ever suffer on purpose, unless you just don't have the HDMI space.

#5 Edited by gta50419 (334 posts) -

OP.....never go full retard...

#6 Posted by Alucard_Prime (2729 posts) -

I didn't know the HDMI input affected graphics like that, and I did not really notice any input lag. I have my 360 connected through the HDMI in and I find it pretty convenient because of the instant switching. Gone are the days of waiting for something to load, I just switch to something else and back....I find it overall faster doing it like that than switching TV sources. I still use my 360 sometimes for watching dvs, using other apps, playing a few games , etc., but I guess I have not used it enough to notice any of these things. It certainly does not improve the graphics.

#7 Posted by BattleSpectre (5963 posts) -

@Alucard_Prime: Yeah it's a hit and miss with the input lag, I guess some people notice it more than others as some claim games are unplayable whilst others say they don't notice it much. I also find it funny how you can plug a PS4 or Wii U into the Xbox One, now that's power ay ;)

(hehe)