Am I the only one who doesnt want GEOW2

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brandonB13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 brandonB13
Member since 2005 • 467 Posts

why does everyone think this game looks good, its the same game as before,and i know everyone is going to be playing this while amazing games like fable 2 and far cry 2 will barely sell because of this. So I ask am I the only one who thinks this game will suck?

fuzzyturret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 fuzzyturret
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts

It's just you.

vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts
Trust me, Fable 2 will sell just fine.
iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts
you are the only one.
sveinung1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sveinung1
Member since 2006 • 266 Posts
i cant wait for gears of war 2, fable 2 and far cry 2. it just sound stupid when you call gears 2 the same as gears 1...
PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts
nothing is saying you cant play all 3 by renting and buying
harrylily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 harrylily
Member since 2005 • 1437 Posts
stuff gear's bring on CoD:WaW :D!
hrah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hrah
Member since 2003 • 1375 Posts
Yeah, just you, have the x360 version and I even got it for my pc, can't have too many gows
Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts

Nope.

I cant wait for it though, but to say Fable 2 and Far Cry 2 wont sell because of the hype for Gears 2 is just foolish.

Wardemon50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wardemon50
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts
I don't care much for it; it looks the same as one. Also, they said they would add "stopping power" to the lancer and such, but in the videos, I saw no evidence of such.
harrylily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 harrylily
Member since 2005 • 1437 Posts

seriously tho WHAT IS SO GOOD ABOUT GEARS!

i brought it played it seemed k not great but k

everytime i asked why do u think its so great they just say back to me "just is" or "you must just suck at it" when they have never even played me on it..

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts

i use to luv gow but now i h8 it however all the improvements to the multiplayer and singleplayer in gow2 make me kinda want it

Wardemon50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Wardemon50

everytime i asked why do u think its so great they just say back to me "just is" or "you must just suck at it" when they have never even played me on it..

harrylily

It definitly has the worst online play. It can be summed up like so: Tapping the a button like a mad-man, wielding a shotgun, crab-walking, and lancer-saw

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Matt-4542
I don't care much for it; it looks the same as one. Also, they said they would add "stopping power" to the lancer and such, but in the videos, I saw no evidence of such.Wardemon50
Are you blind? You can clearly see the person slowing down while being shot at if their running in the open... Im not trying to flame you but I cant see how you would miss it.
jackelzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 jackelzx
Member since 2008 • 820 Posts

fable 2 and gow2 are on my wish list when they come out.

they both look great.

Gameking3298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gameking3298
Member since 2006 • 101 Posts
I just wish that the game would send more time in development and actually do something innovative all I see in Gears 2 is some tune ups and nothing really major.
great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts
[QUOTE="harrylily"]

Wardemon50

It definitly has the worst online play. It can be summed up like so: Tapping the a button like a mad-man, wielding a shotgun, crab-walking, and lancer-saw

It was the best 360 multiplayer game at the time, and i just like to talk in the game with other people, why is everyone buying GOW2? because everyone else is buying it i say, am i a hype whore you ask? yes i probably am, but im still buting SR2, Project Origin and Fallout 3 at the end of the year.

Wardemon50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Wardemon50

[QUOTE="Wardemon50"]I don't care much for it; it looks the same as one. Also, they said they would add "stopping power" to the lancer and such, but in the videos, I saw no evidence of such.Matt-4542
Are you blind? You can clearly see the person slowing down while being shot at if their running in the open... Im not trying to flame you but I cant see how you would miss it.

I did see that, but they said it would take them down faster

king-micky207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 king-micky207
Member since 2006 • 668 Posts

nothing is saying you cant play all 3 by renting and buyingPacBoy23

i know i will on their launch day, im super excited about geow2 for sure but i also want FarCry2 and Fable 2 badly too.

Wardemon50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Wardemon50
[QUOTE="Wardemon50"][QUOTE="harrylily"]

great_rulo

It was the best 360 multiplayer game at the time, and i just like to talk in the game with other people, why is everyone buying GOW2? because everyone else is buying it i say, am i a hype whore you ask? yes i probably am, but im still buting SR2, Project Origin and Fallout 3 at the end of the year.

If you wanted to talk to people, go to a bar

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
Just you, it looks amazing.
roan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 roan23
Member since 2005 • 1190 Posts
play GOw, and it just like Halo game to me. They need put more guns in the game
Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Matt-4542

[QUOTE="Matt-4542"][QUOTE="Wardemon50"]I don't care much for it; it looks the same as one. Also, they said they would add "stopping power" to the lancer and such, but in the videos, I saw no evidence of such.Wardemon50

I dont think they said it would take them down faster. It just slows them down drastically so you can take them down easier.
bkahler213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bkahler213
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Gears of War 2 is going to be AMAZING.....

Wardemon50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Wardemon50
[QUOTE="Wardemon50"]

[QUOTE="Matt-4542"][QUOTE="Wardemon50"]I don't care much for it; it looks the same as one. Also, they said they would add "stopping power" to the lancer and such, but in the videos, I saw no evidence of such.Matt-4542

Fair enough. I will hold my breath for the review

I dont think they said it would take them down faster. It just slows them down drastically so you can take them down easier.

Fair enough. I still will wait for the review

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Matt-4542
[QUOTE="Matt-4542"][QUOTE="Wardemon50"]

[QUOTE="Matt-4542"][QUOTE="Wardemon50"]I don't care much for it; it looks the same as one. Also, they said they would add "stopping power" to the lancer and such, but in the videos, I saw no evidence of such.Wardemon50

Lol, suit yourself :P I got Gears at launch day and Ill get Gears at the midnight launch.
brandonB13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 brandonB13
Member since 2005 • 467 Posts
ok i know fable and far cry will sell good no doubt about that but what i ment was I can bet you that gears2 will triple the sales of Far cry, fable, and COD5 in less then a month and thats just terrible
Duel_King_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Duel_King_X
Member since 2006 • 320 Posts
yeah you're pretty much the only one *(coffcoffn00b!coffcoff)*
Alan1187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Alan1187
Member since 2008 • 372 Posts
[QUOTE="Matt-4542"][QUOTE="Wardemon50"]

It slows them up, to prevent gears 1 online of shotgun to the face matchups
sirkel28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#31 sirkel28
Member since 2004 • 347 Posts

harrylily

I agree it was good, but not that big of a deal as they hype it out to be. I could care less about Gears 2. Fable 2 would be more interesting to me. Course by then Warhammer online will be out and probably will take most of my time.

SexyPorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SexyPorkins
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts
I'll pick it up when it comes out, but I'm not super excited about it or anything. The first one was good, but it's not the be all, end all game that most people make it out to be.
RaGeNeSs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RaGeNeSs
Member since 2005 • 287 Posts
why do people call it geow?
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts
Its not that i dont want it, im just not interested in it. First gears didnt do anything for me really, some okay mindless action. If they add a good story this time then maybe ill check it out.
Alan1187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Alan1187
Member since 2008 • 372 Posts
why do people call it geow?RaGeNeSs
I was wondering the same thing... Probably God of war.
Anywho about the main topic, I'm pretty sure you're alone on that one. The graphics have been upgraded, new injured locust holds, more play with the chain saw, improved MP, continuation of the gore fest that was the first game. I personally can not wait :). I'll be honest and say the story wasn't all to hot in the first game, but the gameplay was mad fun IMO.
Duminakan89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 Duminakan89
Member since 2005 • 857 Posts
It's not going to be the same game, even though I myself can't confirm that since I have not played it but neither have you so your point is invalid. Fable and far Cry will sell fine and I'm pretty sure Far Cry 2 will have just as much innovation as GeOW did from its first outing.
tehfireballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#37 tehfireballer
Member since 2008 • 296 Posts
ya, your it. gears hater D:
Lothenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lothenon
Member since 2003 • 1177 Posts
I'm afraid you are, yes.
-Avocado-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -Avocado-
Member since 2007 • 84 Posts
[QUOTE="harrylily"]

sirkel28

I agree it was good, but not that big of a deal as they hype it out to be. I could care less about Gears 2. Fable 2 would be more interesting to me. Course by then Warhammer online will be out and probably will take most of my time.

I COMPLETELY SECOND THIS!

I will get Fable 2 and Gears of War because thier both looking to be great games. :) And who cares if the other games dont sell as much as Gears at least they still came out and you can play them who cares if a million people miss out it shouldnt bother you that much...

and WARHAMMER ONLINE: AGE OF RECKONING will completely pwn and everyone should get it! :lol:

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
I certainly hope you are
great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts
[QUOTE="great_rulo"][QUOTE="Wardemon50"][QUOTE="harrylily"]

Wardemon50

If you wanted to talk to people, go to a bar

That's a great IDEA!

The only thing is that most of those persons live across the country, and why would i want to talk with strangers in a bar, i find it as boring as the MSN, i have friends i can talk with them by phone, or simply go out with them.

This goes to the TC, i find fair the fact that GOW2 will ousell COD5, Activision screwed it BIG TIME when they changed teams, as for Fable 2 its the fault of Molyneux for hyping the first game so much.

soufan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 soufan123
Member since 2007 • 734 Posts

harrylily

DId u just say whats so good about gears? Ok:

- The Visuals of this game were outstanding considering it was one of the earlier games released for the 360

- The Audio sounds are terrific whether its a grenade exploding or soldiers yelling at eachother in the battlefield

- the controls are great and are easy to learn considering the almost universal "A" button in the game.

- Guns look and sound crisp with great textures and reloading motions and sounds

- Story is fun , even though it may not be too deep it is just the starting of a trilogy, u will have alot of questions after you finish this game, and thats FINE! Some of them will probably be explained in Gears 2

- Multiplayer is very addicting with easy jump in and play servers.. nice community, and great fun.

Now your probably going to say " Well acully I dotn think the graphics are very good" or " NO your wrong the Story SUCKS" but I guess thats your oppinion, right?

AceJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 AceJakk
Member since 2007 • 344 Posts

GOW was a great game and GOW2 will be a great sequel (unless they fall victim to the dreaded Halo-tosis where the company forgets that the single player campaign shouldn't feel tacked on to a multiplayer game).

I'll wait for it to come out on PC, but I am buying it. Until it's released for the PC, I'll stick to Fallout 3.

kevin45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kevin45
Member since 2003 • 196 Posts

why does everyone think this game looks good, its the same game as before,and i know everyone is going to be playing this while amazing games like fable 2 and far cry 2 will barely sell because of this. So I ask am I the only one who thinks this game will suck?

brandonB13

Um are you retarded??

Avatar image for CrazyGamer02149
CrazyGamer02149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 CrazyGamer02149
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts
your the only one...but like you said far cry 2 and fable 2 also call of duty world at war.. but dont worry they will all sell just fine
gustavog117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 gustavog117
Member since 2006 • 831 Posts

Ok for all you saying it looks the same as the first answer me this. Did Gears of War have stopping power? Did it have a deeper story? Did it have a flamethrower, poison grenade, a smoke grenade that knocks you down, a unique execution with each weapon, a gorgon pistol, a shield??? Could you stick grenades to walls?? Did you ever have a chainsaw battle in Gears 1, or chainsaw anyone in the back??

Well from what I have played, it didnt have any of those things, and Im sure there is more that is kep secret.

So please TC and all of you that say its the same as Gears 1, answer me these questions and prove me wrong.

rajeev101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rajeev101
Member since 2007 • 368 Posts
[QUOTE="harrylily"]

Wardemon50

Its just cuz u suck at Gears online...to me its on of the best online games ever. I play it every night with my friends. Can't wait till Gear 2 comes out, im not buying it for the single player but for the multiplayer.

jackvegas21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jackvegas21
Member since 2007 • 3157 Posts
I just went back to playing Gears after an 8 month hiatus. Its still amazing.
StarStunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 StarStunna
Member since 2008 • 80 Posts
the 1st gears was good so you know 2 is gone be good
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#50 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

its not just you...i dont plan on buying it.