Achievements back... but there is still a problem FOR EVERYONE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DeathB2U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DeathB2U
Member since 2004 • 705 Posts

okay I got my achievements and my points back, however there is STILL A BIG PROBLEM.

There were several games that I had showing as complete (1000/1000) that have since added DLC and thus more points. Where those were still showing in my completed games, now for example, Assassins Creed: Revelations shows 1000/1490 (49 of 69 achievements completed).

I spent a lot of time going for 1000 of 1000 on several games and do not want to be forced to pay for DLC and have to go back and complete DLC (that I'm not at all interested in) in order to have those games back on my "completed games" list.

From talking to a few people, they're having the same problems and I'll bet everyone else that's gotten 1000/1000 on a game that later released DLC is having the same problem.

And something tells me this isn't one that can be fixed.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Eh, it is just achievements. Not a big deal, really.

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#3 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts

there is STILL A BIG PROBLEM.

DeathB2U
This is not a big problem.
Bassmanfunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Bassmanfunk
Member since 2010 • 124 Posts

I have to agree that it's not a big problem. I would feel the same way as I like seeing the 1000/1000 but we just have to let it go...right?

NewShire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NewShire
Member since 2008 • 1330 Posts

I thought that's how it always was; if you get 1000/1000, the game goes on the completed list, but if DLC comes out with more achievements, the game comes off the list until you get all the achievements again.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that's how it always worked. That's how it should be anyway, if you don't want to get the DLC achievements, that's fine, but you shouldn't expect to have that game on the completed list.

DeathB2U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DeathB2U

no... it is a big problem. There's a lot of people out there that put time in to getting 1000/1000 on several games

It sucks if that's going to be taken away from you if you don't buy/download/complete DLC as well.

DeathB2U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DeathB2U
[QUOTE="NewShire"]

I thought that's how it always was; if you get 1000/1000, the game goes on the completed list, but if DLC comes out with more achievements, the game comes off the list until you get all the achievements again.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that's how it always worked. That's how it should be anyway, if you don't want to get the DLC achievements, that's fine, but you shouldn't expect to have that game on the completed list.

why not? you completed the game you paid for. You shouldn't have to keep paying more and downloading DLC, which often turns out to be crap in order to show as complete for the game you paid for.
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

no... it is a big problem. There's a lot of people out there that put time in to getting 1000/1000 on several games

It sucks if that's going to be taken away from you if you don't buy/download/complete DLC as well.

DeathB2U
The thing is the majority of us do not care. Hence MS will not be bothered either. Just deal with it there are far worse things than an imperfect gamerscore.
NewShire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NewShire

I understand your point, but still think it's fine for companies to use achievements to incentivise players to pay for DLC.

NewShire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NewShire

Don't get me wrong OP, I love hunting for achievements, and it sucks that you're frustrated. But I can't help but think that it's fair. If you only have 1000/1500 G, that game shouldn't be on you completed list, even if you got 1000/1000 before the DLC was released.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
[QUOTE="DeathB2U"][QUOTE="NewShire"]

why not? you completed the game you paid for. You shouldn't have to keep paying more and downloading DLC, which often turns out to be crap in order to show as complete for the game you paid for.

He's right though. It's always been like that. It should have been updated before this whole fiasco. It just means you never played the game after the dlc came out so it never updated.
Warablo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Warablo13
Member since 2009 • 1289 Posts
I thought this was going on before the whole thing with today... Its just a way they update the game, and also a sneaky way of getting people to buy their DLC...
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

DeathB2U

how is it being taken away? you still have 1000/1000 it's not an issue it's just showing a game has dlc and achieves for it wupty do

Sandpiper121PP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#14 Sandpiper121PP
Member since 2006 • 2432 Posts

I can see this from both sides. For instance I completed a certain game and had it in my completed list with all of the achivements. A few months later I went to play it for fun and it said there was an update... so I got it... and my game now was removed from my completed list because of the newly added DLC. I must be honest that it did frustrate me at first a little. After thinking about it for some time... I realized two things... first of all I did complete the game fully as it was shipped and was very happy about that. Most importantly to me now though, for me I realized playing to get achievements is not actually playing a game. I still love to get them, but now I am back to my roots of gaming, which is I simply love to play games. If I get the achievements, great, if I don't, so be it. Some games I will try to complete if I get close... but I don't make them my sole reason for gaming. :)

TezzaMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TezzaMM
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

I can see this from both sides. For instance I completed a certain game and had it in my completed list with all of the achivements. A few months later I went to play it for fun and it said there was an update... so I got it... and my game now was removed from my completed list because of the newly added DLC. I must be honest that it did frustrate me at first a little. After thinking about it for some time... I realized two things... first of all I did complete the game fully as it was shipped and was very happy about that. Most importantly to me now though, for me I realized playing to get achievements is not actually playing a game. I still love to get them, but now I am back to my roots of gaming, which is I simply love to play games. If I get the achievements, great, if I don't, so be it. Some games I will try to complete if I get close... but I don't make them my sole reason for gaming. :)

Sandpiper121PP

I have to agree with this. Although I'm guilty of going for achievements sometimes. I do think that it also detracts from the way some games should be played.

What ever happened to playing games just for the sheer fun of that game? :)

TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#16 TTDog
Member since 2007 • 3545 Posts

Try clearing the cache when you next turn the console on.

There are far bigger problems than this though.... like having a Gamerscore that doesn't end in a 5 or a 0... now that is a massive problem.

[SARCASM OFF]

BiThBhE0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BiThBhE0
Member since 2008 • 1643 Posts
It did that to me a while ago when I had to download my profile again after deleting it. It used to bother me because I felt like I had to have 100% on everything. But lately, if I get 1000 and didn't enjoy it that much or just wasn't interested in the DLC, then I just move on. It's just not worth it to spend the money just to have it 100%. I still feel happy that the retail game is completed. Yeah, I'm a little OCD when it comes to my games lol
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

[QUOTE="DeathB2U"]

there is STILL A BIG PROBLEM.

spazzx625

This is not a big problem.

It is for some who are serious about their Achievement Points. It still needs to be fixed, because it's still a problem, no matter how big you think it is.

This may not get fixed though, as it may have been part of Microsoft's update. Originally all DLC had seperate Achievements and weren't attached to the original game. Now it seems like it was merged. It would be nice if Microsoft provided an explaination of the changes.

MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#20 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts

How was this not an issue before? It always added in DLC I don't have to the achievements, since like NXE first arived.

mark1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mark1982
Member since 2004 • 425 Posts
I noticed this too, but I didn't really see it as that big of an issue, I first noticed this with Bioshock 1, I got 1000/1000 then after the update it added the DLC points and I no longer had it in my completed games. Not such a big issue unless you want to see it on your completed games slide.
scotty992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 scotty992
Member since 2005 • 2388 Posts
Really could've care less about this issue and I like achievements.
BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 BFKZ
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts
This isn't something new, when you go online with your profile all your achievements are updated with the DLC achievements against your will, happened to me last year...with ninja gaiden 2. Eventually I just lived with having 1000 on some games whilst ignoring the dlc ones.
FeiYenKen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 FeiYenKen
Member since 2010 • 247 Posts

stop earning achievements that will solve YOUR ****ING PROBLEMS

NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 NoDzombie
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts

First - how is this a problem?

Second - its been this way for a long time, actually for as long as the dashboard has had a completed games slide it has always worked this way, how have you only just noticed now?

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

It's always been like that.. and who cares?

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

I thought this was going on before the whole thing with today... Its just a way they update the game, and also a sneaky way of getting people to buy their DLC...Warablo13
Only the ones with OCD.