Accidentally put 2 discs in my new xbox 360 E disc drive !

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spa_sapping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 spa_sapping
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Recently seconds ago i forgot that i had a disk in the disk drive, so i put another one without looking, and close it, then i hear loud scratchy sounds, immediately i opened my disc tray, then i realize i fucked up hard,

no damage so far, but i am ultra worried, it's maybe only me, but i sometimes i think i hear tiny tiny weird sounds from the disk tray whenever i am running a game, not noticeable unless you stick your ear in it... help needed :(

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

@spa_sapping: There is really no rational way to answer your question. You accidentally put another disk in the disk tray without looking. Alright. I hope you learned from that. Second. You mentioned that nothing seems to be the matter with your disks and/or system. Its hard to tell the seriousness of the your situation because when you say, "its maybe only me, but I sometimes I think I hear tiny tiny weird sounds from the disk tray whenever I am running a game." Maybe it is only you who hears it. Honestly. Try looking up information on Google, listing all the noises you hear and see if you can find your answer. It doesn't seem as if you have anything valuable wrong with your system. If it still works...you are fine.

spa_sapping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 spa_sapping

@TheDarkWolf86: Everything works fine with it, but the core of my question was, would it seriously damage the disc reader, like scratch something important inside like the laser ?

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Don't sweat it. I've had the two disc thing done to my 360 slim before. Everything still works fine. There's really no way for the second disc to cause any problems except to the bottom of the disc. If it didn't scratch it, then all is good.

As far as the small sounds you hear coming from the drive, they are probably normal. Remember the drive has to spin the disc. If the noises bother you, try installing the games to the hard drive (if you have one). That way the disc drive only spins up when the game is first started (to verify the disc is in the drive). After that the game runs off of the HDD.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

eh I've done it in my pc before. It's probably fine. It actually read the disc on the bottom and it confused the hell outta me for a few minutes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

Well...NOW that you put it that way. No. It should not seriously damage the disk reader. You mentioned that it works fine each time you put in another game. If it scratched the disk reader, you more than likely would not be able to play anything almost immediately after it happened.

@spa_sapping said:

@TheDarkWolf86: Everything works fine with it, but the core of my question was, would it seriously damage the disc reader, like scratch something important inside like the laser ?

spa_sapping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By spa_sapping

Well thanks for the help everybody :)

it was really grateful of you all (and was a big relief :u)