About Dawnguard DLC.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ristactionjakso (5713 posts) -

Does Dawnguard take you to another map/world like Shivering Isle's did for Oblivion? Or is it just more quests like the Knights of the Nine?

Same thing for Hearthfire?

#2 Posted by Cyanide4Suicid3 (783 posts) -
Dawnguard is set in the same map, but it opens up new areas. The only brand new areas (That you couldnt get to in the base game) is Fort Dawnguard and Castle Volhikar (Or however you spell it). As far as Hearthfire, I think thats just so you can build your own house. Bit of a waste of money (In my opinion)
#3 Posted by ristactionjakso (5713 posts) -

Dawnguard is set in the same map, but it opens up new areas. The only brand new areas (That you couldnt get to in the base game) is Fort Dawnguard and Castle Volhikar (Or however you spell it). As far as Hearthfire, I think thats just so you can build your own house. Bit of a waste of money (In my opinion)Cyanide4Suicid3
O I C. I don't know about just buying 2 new castles. That seems like a total rip off. Hearthfire wouldn't be so bad if you could build your house wherever you wanted (even in the middle of nowhere, or on top of a snowtop mountain) and if it was like $5. But since they are both way overpriced for what they are, I won't be getting them. Thanks.

#4 Posted by Cyanide4Suicid3 (783 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cyanide4Suicid3"]Dawnguard is set in the same map, but it opens up new areas. The only brand new areas (That you couldnt get to in the base game) is Fort Dawnguard and Castle Volhikar (Or however you spell it). As far as Hearthfire, I think thats just so you can build your own house. Bit of a waste of money (In my opinion)ristactionjakso

O I C. I don't know about just buying 2 new castles. That seems like a total rip off. Hearthfire wouldn't be so bad if you could build your house wherever you wanted (even in the middle of nowhere, or on top of a snowtop mountain) and if it was like $5. But since they are both way overpriced for what they are, I won't be getting them. Thanks.

Dawnguard is actually worth it. They open up some dungeons and such in the game world (That werent there previously) and overall, it's a pretty good questline. I think it was worth the $20. I dont know about Hearthfire. I dont have that but it is $5 and Im 99% sure that you can build your house wherever you want.
#5 Posted by TTDog (3516 posts) -

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

[QUOTE="Cyanide4Suicid3"]Dawnguard is set in the same map, but it opens up new areas. The only brand new areas (That you couldnt get to in the base game) is Fort Dawnguard and Castle Volhikar (Or however you spell it). As far as Hearthfire, I think thats just so you can build your own house. Bit of a waste of money (In my opinion)Cyanide4Suicid3

Dawnguard is actually worth it. They open up some dungeons and such in the game world (That werent there previously) and overall, it's a pretty good questline. I think it was worth the $20. I dont know about Hearthfire. I dont have that but it is $5 and Im 99% sure that you can build your house wherever you want.

From what I gather about Heathfire there are just 3 very specific plots of lands that can be built on.

#6 Posted by DoctorWho88 (280 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cyanide4Suicid3"][QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]O I C. I don't know about just buying 2 new castles. That seems like a total rip off. Hearthfire wouldn't be so bad if you could build your house wherever you wanted (even in the middle of nowhere, or on top of a snowtop mountain) and if it was like $5. But since they are both way overpriced for what they are, I won't be getting them. Thanks.

TTDog

From what I gather about Heathfire there are just 3 very specific plots of lands that can be built on.

I wouldn't pay $5 to build a house, maybe $1 or less, but not $5, that's a bit of a rip off
#7 Posted by ristactionjakso (5713 posts) -

[QUOTE="TTDog"]

[QUOTE="Cyanide4Suicid3"] Dawnguard is actually worth it. They open up some dungeons and such in the game world (That werent there previously) and overall, it's a pretty good questline. I think it was worth the $20. I dont know about Hearthfire. I dont have that but it is $5 and Im 99% sure that you can build your house wherever you want. DoctorWho88

I wouldn't pay $5 to build a house, maybe $1 or less, but not $5, that's a bit of a rip off

Ya, sounds like both DLC's are rip offs.