A couple of Oblivion questions plz help!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for superman15playe
superman15playe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 superman15playe
Member since 2006 • 698 Posts
1. Where is the best place to train since I am only lvl 7 and have been playing for a month?

2. Where do I train to get my Conjeration(wrong spelling) up so i can summon creatures?

3. By accident I killed the guy that offers you into the Dark brotherhood since I was on a killing rampage, can you still get in?

4. Also where do you charge your staff that you get from the Arcane University?

Thanks in advance:)
Cobalt75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Cobalt75
Member since 2007 • 313 Posts

What skills do you want to boost up?  Where you train depends on what you want to improve.  It is more important to get the +5 increase in a skill than to increase in level, so it is more beneficial to level up slowly.  Use your minor skills more than your primary.

The best way to improve your conjuration is to buy a conjure dagger spell.  It's low level and you can cast it anywhere without having to actually use it.  Just walk around casting it all day long.

Never killed the brotherhood guy...guess your screwed.

You can charge all your wepons and staffs at the university.  The chironiseum (check spelling) has a person there who can charge it.  Most Mage guilds also has somebody who can do it.  it cost alot to have them do it.  Invest in soul gems and soul trap to save some money.

DarkRider23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 DarkRider23
Member since 2004 • 1753 Posts
1. Where is the best place to train since I am only lvl 7 and have been playing for a month?
2. Where do I train to get my Conjeration(wrong spelling) up so i can summon creatures?
3. By accident I killed the guy that offers you into the Dark brotherhood since I was on a killing rampage, can you still get in?
4. Also where do you charge your staff that you get from the Arcane University?

Thanks in advance:)
superman15playe

1. Best way to level is to go to Trainers and let them train you. It's expensive though. Other than that, it's just go kill and kill more.
2. To get your Conjuration skill up you can either have trainers train you in it or use spells that summon creatures. The more spells you use that are governed by conjuration, the more it'll go up.
3. Nope, you are screwed. Dark Brotherhood is one of the most fun Factions in the game too. I suggest restarting.
4. I think certain merchants recharge weapons/items.
superman15playe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 superman15playe
The thing is about Conjuration It is really low and I can't cast anything with it I can find.
Eggsandwich06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Eggsandwich06
Member since 2006 • 535 Posts
get azuras star and then use trap soul to be able to recharge your weapon for free. if you want to train do this. this worked well for me. to get your acrobatics up, go to cloud ruler temple and keep jumping off the wall while casting a magic spell, or while swinging a weapon. wait one hour every time your health gets low. also for other training and leveling up, go to http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Increasing_Skills that is the best place for anything oblivion.
Cobalt75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cobalt75
The thing is about Conjuration It is really low and I can't cast anything with it I can find.superman15playe
You might be stuck going to trainers and paying them to boost you up. The mage guild in chorrol specializes in conjuration. Talk with Alberic Little there for training, bring lots of gold. Is your conjuration level too low or do you not have enough magic points to cast the spell? Bound boots or summon dagger can be cast by novice players. If your magic points are too low then focus on boosting your intelligence attribute by making potions.
superman15playe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 superman15playe
It says lvl 6 next to my Conjuration
Eggsandwich06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Eggsandwich06
just cast bound dagger and then unequip the dagger then do it again, it takes like 5 minutes to get it up 20 levels
superman15playe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 superman15playe
where do I get bound dagger
Cobalt75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Cobalt75
ouch!  You can have 5 training sessions per level.  If you haven't done any training you should be able to boost it up to 11 with a trainer right away.  After you level up go back.
Cobalt75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cobalt75
Your going to have to look for it.  I don't remember where it is.  You can buy it either in a mage guild or a shop in the capitol.
Eggsandwich06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Eggsandwich06

go to the choorol mages guild and see alberic litte, he will have it.

seriously go to this site, anything you want to know about oblivion is in here

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Increasing_Skills

superman15playe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 superman15playe
k thanks for all of yer guys help
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
Since we are talking about oblivion, what is a place I can cell my weapons?
Eggsandwich06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Eggsandwich06

slash and smash(?), the best defense, in the market district, or there will be an armour and weapon shop in every town, i think in lleyawin and maybe cheydinhal

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

For spell levels, I just run around the forest casting spells. For conjuration, just buy a bound dagger spell or something. Cast it over and over and your level eventually goes up. If I'm not mistaken, you may have to put the dagger away before casting again. But I got my Alteration level up to 100 in about 45 minutes just by casting a detect life spell over and over. And I got my Illusion spell up just as high by continuously casting invisibility.

You can buy all these spells at Mages Guild halls. You'll need something that you use on yourself though... I think destruction spells and things like that actually have to hit something. But when you complete the Dark Brotherhood quests (which I guess you can't because you killed Lucien... not a bright thing to do), you get a horse that won't die. You can cast Destruction magic at it all day and it just passes out for a minute or two and then gets back up.