400 free Microsoft points?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Kuruuze (165 posts) -
Does anyone know when they will actually give out the points for the offer? I signed up before April 1st, but I haven't gotten any type of confirmation or anything. I even e-mailed microsoft and they didn't have an answer. Thanks.
#2 Posted by Bruce_McGivern (1667 posts) -
What... are you talking about?
#3 Posted by tobkinator (594 posts) -
what are you talking about ?
#4 Posted by Kuruuze (165 posts) -

I got an e-mail about a month ago offering me 400 free microsoft points. No lie.

You are a valued Xbox LIVE® gamer, and we'd like to keep it that way. So we're giving you 400 Microsoft® Points—free!*

Register by April 1, 2008, to get your free Microsoft Points.

That's taken straight from the e-mail. I was just wondering if anyone got any sort of confirmation after registering? They said it may take a couple weeks, but I'm getting antsy.

#5 Posted by yakk_3 (1442 posts) -
Funny joke.
EDIT: and if, by some chance, you are not joking, then I am sorry but that email really looks like a spam.
#6 Posted by Scarface_tm431 (10063 posts) -
If your account gets hacked, this is the reason why. I recommend that you go and change your password while you still can
#7 Posted by Kuruuze (165 posts) -
Jesus people, I'm not joking. I seriously just copied and pasted that from my other window. The e-mail was from Xbox LIVE (xbox@email.xbox.com. Did no one else seriously get something like that? And once again....IM NOT JOKING. That would just be childish and stupid.
#8 Posted by Scarface_tm431 (10063 posts) -
Did you sign up for anything that would make them send this out? We're talking about MS here, they don't do this kinda thing. I honestly think you might have your account hacked though...as far as I know the Xbox email thing isn't @email.xbox.com it's just simply @xbox.com For example Major Nelson is Major@xbox.com For now I say change your password and make sure you have no credit card info on there, and then maybe even email Major Nelson to see if it's real
#9 Posted by Kuruuze (165 posts) -
I appreciate the suggestion, as I really have no idea. I get Xbox flash updates sent to my email all the time though from the same address and all the links from those emails, as well as the free points one sent me straight to the xbox main site. Unless it's some very elaborate hoax and they somehow copied the xbox website.
#10 Posted by Bruce_McGivern (1667 posts) -
I've been getting Xbox live updates since I first had Live last year... and yeah, pretty sure I never got this offer.
#11 Posted by zellwood69 (224 posts) -
no its real i got one and it was for people whos account was over due for payment and suspended i just didnt do mine so i have no clue when the points will come maybe you should call ms/xbox billing and ask them about it..
#12 Posted by Kuruuze (165 posts) -
Hmm...well I changed my password just in case. I signed up for that last month and my account has been safe so I'm still assuming it's legit. I e-mailed Major Nelson also so I'll let you guys know if I get a reply. lol I hope it's true though 'cause I'm itching to play the Bring Down the Sky expansion for Mass Effect.
#13 Posted by bazanger (2838 posts) -
don't worry man, i signed up for their newsletter or something in mid march and a few days later i got an email from them similar to yours, except they said they're gonna give me Catan. and yeah, i'm guessing it'll be another few weeks though.
#14 Posted by ratchet3 (7806 posts) -
I smell some ownage here man.
#15 Posted by SuperDefekt (4695 posts) -
Note: The date of the email is 1st of April.

Perhaps you've been April fooled
#16 Posted by RushMetallica (4501 posts) -

Note: The date of the email is 1st of April.

Perhaps you've been April fooledSuperDefekt

Thats what I was thinking.

#17 Posted by Fenrir_DarkWolf (525 posts) -
Ummm... looks like someone registered the domain "email.xbox.com" and created an email off it, because most xbox emails are just @xbox.com
#18 Posted by ParadiseAwaits (1410 posts) -

Jesus people, Kuruuze

Who are you calling "Jesus People"?

Do you have some issue with Christianity?

#19 Posted by VikingLord13 (173 posts) -
This sounds like a scam.
#20 Posted by avee69 (1056 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kuruuze"]Jesus people, ParadiseAwaits

Wow are you serious? Start drama for no reason. He obviously had NO intentions of attacking Christianity. He is saying it like "Jesus (COMMA/TAKE A DEEP BREATH), people".

#21 Posted by DataDream (3195 posts) -
[QUOTE="ParadiseAwaits"]

[QUOTE="Kuruuze"]Jesus people, avee69

Wow are you serious? Start drama for no reason. He obviously had NO intentions of attacking Christianity. He is saying it like "Jesus (COMMA/TAKE A DEEP BREATH), people".

I didn't want to touch this one with a 10 foot pole as anything I would say in response I guarentee would bring moderation (and the wrath of God down upon me) - but I'm gald someone else found this post as absolutely rediculous as I did.

:)

#22 Posted by ParadiseAwaits (1410 posts) -
[QUOTE="ParadiseAwaits"]

[QUOTE="Kuruuze"]Jesus people, avee69

It's still very innapropriate any way you look at it. You should not use the Lord's name in vain.

And the the fact that you are defending him is even more appauling.

#23 Posted by DataDream (3195 posts) -
[QUOTE="avee69"][QUOTE="ParadiseAwaits"]

It's still very innapropriate any way you look at it. You should not use the Lord's name in vain.

Dude - it's just english - how do you know he wasn't talking about Jesus as in "Hey Soos" from Juarez or something. You need to lighten up man - that's all I'm saying.

You can exist in the world without being a part of it - but make no mistake that trying to force ones ideas on someone else when they were'nt talking about Jesus your "Savior" specifically, but only using a much accepted slang which is part of the way we communicate in this day and age is counterproductive to what you are trying to accomplish with your comment.

#24 Posted by Mau-Justice (4907 posts) -

How does this go from 400 MS points, to priase the Lord?

Chill out, at least he isn't forcing religion on anyone...:roll:

#25 Posted by canadiankidd91 (680 posts) -

?

#27 Posted by Kuruuze (165 posts) -
[QUOTE="ParadiseAwaits"][QUOTE="avee69"][QUOTE="ParadiseAwaits"]

[QUOTE="Kuruuze"]Jesus people, stevenk4k5

Calm down you zealot.

Yeah I really didn't mean anything by it, so sorry. I'm down with the Jesus too (as in I'm a Christian), so don't get your panties in a bunch.

#28 Posted by Raizo138 (138 posts) -
Dude, i didnt do anything stupid like that and i got hacked! Seriously....
#29 Posted by Tree06 (3552 posts) -

Jesus people, I'm not joking. I seriously just copied and pasted that from my other window. The e-mail was from Xbox LIVE (xbox@email.xbox.com. Did no one else seriously get something like that? And once again....IM NOT JOKING. That would just be childish and stupid. Kuruuze

Mine friend forwarded that email to me. I think if you bought a 12 month card then you would get the 400 points. I didn't buy one but I signed up for the heck of it. I wonder what's going to happen with it.

#30 Posted by dudedizzle27 (66 posts) -

I got an e-mail about a month ago offering me 400 free microsoft points. No lie.

You are a valued Xbox LIVE® gamer, and we'd like to keep it that way. So we're giving you 400 Microsoft® Points—free!*

That's taken straight from the e-mail. I was just wondering if anyone got any sort of confirmation after registering? They said it may take a couple weeks, but I'm getting antsy.

Kuruuze

Do you see the word April 1stin the email?? Ring a bell??

#31 Posted by -DirtySanchez- (32760 posts) -

loosen up sally and jesus isnt the lord, god is
#32 Posted by NeoXPG (259 posts) -
Ummm... looks like someone registered the domain "email.xbox.com" and created an email off it, because most xbox emails are just @xbox.comFenrir_DarkWolf
You can't register email.xbox.com. MS owns the top level domain xbox.com so any sub domain would have to be created by the owner of the top level domain. As to the legitimacy of this email, has anyone tried calling MS to verify it? I would not just dismiss this as a scam. Look at the source of the email are the links they ask you to follow real xbox.com links as opposed to ip numbers?
#33 Posted by JFannn (691 posts) -
It's legit. It was on xbox360fanboy. I dunno why you haven't gotten it. Check your account balance.
#34 Posted by f5lesnar2000 (5649 posts) -
its MS, they dont give anything out for free
#35 Posted by Toriko42 (27562 posts) -
April Fools TC?
#36 Posted by KoRn_Eddy_88 (1619 posts) -

Kuruuze

whats that astrik go to?