4 Red Rings of Death?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Daz11811 (130 posts) -

what does the 4 red rings mean? i got three red rings first and now it shows 4?

This is the second broken xbox in 5 months (thats pathetic microsoft), so i'm going to the shop now to get a replacement. Should i ask for a certain year of manufacture or anything, because i don't want this happening again

#2 Posted by Flavour666 (345 posts) -
Four rings means you haven't pluged in the video-cable. That you haven't done your homework is pathetic...
#3 Posted by dre_5 (164 posts) -
rofl.. wow... oh yeah incase no one knew.. all xbox's have a 3 year warranty now... check xbox website
#4 Posted by Daz11811 (130 posts) -
It's all hooked up as per normal, (its not my first time turning it onknob-jockey) and the fact your defending one of the wealthiest companies in the world while they rip you off is pathetic
#5 Posted by Raidea (4366 posts) -

You havn't plugged it in correctly.

That's user error, not hardware error.

#6 Posted by Flavour666 (345 posts) -
Neither did they rip me off, nor can you claim as such. There is NO error code that causes 4 red lights, except not having the video-cable plugged in. Doesn't matter if they are the wealthiest company or not, that doesn't give you the right to insult them.
#7 Posted by Azumangaman (62 posts) -

Yeah...its not their fault you can't plug in audio cables correctly.

Calm down bud, just unplug/plug back in everything.

#8 Posted by zidan4000 (3167 posts) -

and they are not ripping you off they gived you a whole 3 years warranty that means my warranty ends at 2010 instead of 2008, so you should thank them instead of insulting them, and the 4 red lights means that you didnt plug in the cables right. unplug then plug everything.

peace

#9 Posted by jacksheets (1747 posts) -
4 rings means check the sticky instead of posting another __ rings of death topic.
#10 Posted by soulswillcry (489 posts) -
Hez buying a new console cause his cablez are not connected, really pathatic :P
#11 Posted by iMuffins (2514 posts) -

Know what's even more pathetic than a poor quality console? A company taking $1.05 billion in losses in order to keep customers happy :|

(Note sarcasm)

#12 Posted by Kyruis (1 posts) -
It''s disturbing that you think Microsoft selling you faulty hardware is them doing you a favour....
#13 Posted by pmc3king (1 posts) -
the 4 rings poped up andi checked my plugs, if there in correctly they are and i only had the x-box 4 a 1/2
#14 Posted by sakorox (2 posts) -
geez ppl are kinda cruel.... it is possible to get the 4 red rings of death WITH the AV cables plugged in properly... and if you all did your homework you'd see that it IS a known error, and it can be because of a FAULTY av cable. just happened to me...
#15 Posted by bssauter13 (545 posts) -

the thing that is really pathetic is that this post was from almost 3 years ago, i think the guy got his xbox working or bought a new one already

#16 Posted by famoussasjohn (230 posts) -

rofl.. wow... oh yeah incase no one knew.. all xbox's have a 3 year warranty now... check xbox websitedre_5
3 yr warranty covers RROD, 4 rings does not = defect and will not be covered in warranty. this means this is the persons fault for not plugging in everything or a bad AV cable.

#17 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36824 posts) -
It''s disturbing that you think Microsoft selling you faulty hardware is them doing you a favour....Kyruis
2007 threads are from three years ago and are old
#18 Posted by Caddy (28709 posts) -
Please don't revive old threads. This one was revived a couple of times.