360 won't work in HD

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by tazzydnc (3874 posts) -

FIXED!! Nevermind.

Yes I have a component cable and HDTV.

For some reason it only shows up on screen in SD mode. Yes I'm plugging them in correctly and I don't think it's the TV cause I tried it in another tele with the same results. Could it be the cable? Anyone else dealt with this before?

Thanks.

#2 Posted by CodingGenius (8118 posts) -
Do you have the SD/HD switch on your cable? Because if you don't have an HD out, you won't be able to get HD.
#3 Posted by darthsnail (152 posts) -

My friend had the same problem. Look at his thread, it might have some answer for you.

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26512106&page=1

#4 Posted by ZOnikJJ (1135 posts) -
it is most likely the cable SD/HD switch and/or setting up the proper resolution in the video options of the dashboard.
#5 Posted by tazzydnc (3874 posts) -

Do you have the SD/HD switch on your cable? Because if you don't have an HD out, you won't be able to get HD.CodingGenius

yea I've tried flicking it back and forth. I thought maybe even though it was on HD the xbox thought it wasn't :/

#6 Posted by tazzydnc (3874 posts) -

it is most likely the cable SD/HD switch and/or setting up the proper resolution in the video options of the dashboard.ZOnikJJ

Eureka!!! It was stuck on 1080p and I only have a 1080i tv here back at my dorm. I memorized how many clicks over and how many times to get A to change it to 480p and it worked!

Thanks so much I've been playing in SD for weeks now.

#7 Posted by DJ_Magneto (4675 posts) -

[QUOTE="ZOnikJJ"]it is most likely the cable SD/HD switch and/or setting up the proper resolution in the video options of the dashboard.tazzydnc

Eureka!!! It was stuck on 1080p and I only have a 1080i tv here back at my dorm. I memorized how many clicks over and how many times to get A to change it to 480p and it worked!

Big difference huh?
#8 Posted by jackelzx (820 posts) -
I use the HDMI cable, if thats any help?
#9 Posted by tazzydnc (3874 posts) -
[QUOTE="tazzydnc"]

[QUOTE="ZOnikJJ"]it is most likely the cable SD/HD switch and/or setting up the proper resolution in the video options of the dashboard.DJ_Magneto

Big difference huh?

definately. It's like putting on glasses - the blur and fuzz is gone.

#10 Posted by CodingGenius (8118 posts) -
I agree. I absolutely love HD for the 360. I have it on SD right now (long, boring story) and I'm hoping I'll soon be able to switch it back. :)